Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,326)

Showing posts 26,501 - 26,520 of30,997
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Excellence w Distinction

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my attacks have been about how I have a better beard than he, or he is too skinny, or I have more hair on my head, etc, etc, etc,
My questions and presentations have drawn upon the record Mr. Malone established as principal and leader of not only the high school, but of the district. Every other school in this district is a feeder program for the high school. Just like the major leagues in baseball, the leader of the major league club must ensure the growth and development of the players of tomorrow if the major league club is to be competitive tomorrow. The high school is no different, yet without support from the principal of the high school, individual initiatives that lack the full authority of the principal are likely to fall short.
Thus was the case noted by the audit of the Warren County Educational Services Center for the High Schools That Work program. According to a survey of the teachers at the high school they reported less collaboration between schools than should have been. This too was not a one time occurrence but also was reported in previous audits.
Page 13
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HT...
Reporting what Mr. Malone's professional peers say in audits of the program of studies at the high school is not a personal attack, but more aptly a report of Mr. Malone's record at hand and how it applies to each and every child in the district.
If Dr. Malone is responsible for everything is Springboro schools, the we should be thanking him for our many Excellence with Distinction merits!
Thank you Dr. Malone!!!
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. You did.
LOL...Did you really just hit me with a "No I didn't. You did"? Well nannannabooboo back at ya. C'mon, don't make me yell "Mom, Do your own homework is touching me!"

And yet still no examples of personal attacks. Higher education requires sources, you are correct, but they also require the ability to stay on topic, answers to direct questions with well thought out. reasoned logical informed opinions and facts for the opinion to be considered. You are failing quite epically here in those regards.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Did you really just hit me with a "No I didn't. You did"? Well nannannabooboo back at ya. C'mon, don't make me yell "Mom, Do your own homework is touching me!"
And yet still no examples of personal attacks. Higher education requires sources, you are correct, but they also require the ability to stay on topic, answers to direct questions with well thought out. reasoned logical informed opinions and facts for the opinion to be considered. You are failing quite epically here in those regards.
And you're right there with me. "Takes one to know one."
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're right there with me. "Takes one to know one."
More non-responsive off topic deflection. Well played.

Since: Dec 08

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't really addressed the constitutionality - I was just noting the scope of the stupidity of the teachings of the Institute (911 was an inside job, etc.).
As to constitutionality, of course it's unconstitutional to invite a religious organization (which they are) to come to the school and use the school's property to push their sect and doctrine on children - and adults for that matter.
Why do you think Kohls backed down, btw? Clearly she didn't have too much faith in the constitutionality of pushing religion on school grounds.
Sorry, you are wrong. During school hours, outside religious organizations and clubs must not meet at public schools. After school hours, such groups may meet at a public school only if the school permits other outside clubs and organizations to meet at the same time and does not endorse the club's religious activity. It's settled law. This is settled constitutional law.

The course offered was not being offered during school hours nor to our children (at least forcefully). The only way our children could have attended is if they signed up for the course.

I suppose that among the reasons Kohls gave up is the complete lack of understanding of the law...just as you have shown here.
SAY NO TO CRAZY

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Question Everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ever write a post without trying to discredit and distort the winning agenda of our current BOE; and without trying to personally attack the BOE with your false accusations and lies?
Aren't your posts of "destructive politics" proving that YOU are the one who isn't doing YOUR homework? Have you considered that the reason could be that you are spending your time bullying the school board; with no time to do your homework studying the issues and learning the truth about the good work being accomplished by our BOE? Do you have one reason WHY we should change directions and follow the "M" word of former SHS princial Ron?
Actually, I have a few reasons why we should change directions: creationism, League of the South, Liberty Institute, Glenn Beck, and David Barton... Where is STRENGTHENING the curriculum in all of the ideas brought up by the current board that I listed?
If you like failure

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Excellence w Distinction wrote:
<quoted text>
If Dr. Malone is responsible for everything is Springboro schools, the we should be thanking him for our many Excellence with Distinction merits!
Thank you Dr. Malone!!!
Doesn't proficient equal failure to normal people. Only a school employee would have the nerve to celebrate a child scoring 48% on a test. If this were a barnyard, and it like it came out of the wrong end of a horse, and it smelled like it came out of the wrong end of the horse, and if you stepped in it and it felt like it came out of the wrong end of the horse, then it probably is the same stuff as your argument.
SAY NO TO CRAZY

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you are wrong. During school hours, outside religious organizations and clubs must not meet at public schools. After school hours, such groups may meet at a public school only if the school permits other outside clubs and organizations to meet at the same time and does not endorse the club's religious activity. It's settled law. This is settled constitutional law.
The course offered was not being offered during school hours nor to our children (at least forcefully). The only way our children could have attended is if they signed up for the course.
I suppose that among the reasons Kohls gave up is the complete lack of understanding of the law...just as you have shown here.
The BOE did endorse it, personally sent out emails announcing it, and gave the Superintendents office number to sign up and send the money for the classes. That's more than just allowing an outside group to use the facility.
Question Everything

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Excellence w Distinction wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dr. Malone!!!
Is there anyone among our schools/community members who does not think we all owe Dr. Malone a note of Thanks? Of course there is No, not one, who does not graciously offer a note of Thanks for his 13 years of service as high school principal! Hasn't there be numerous events staged and pre-arranged since March 2012 to "laud and applaud" the insanely popular Dr. Malone? Of course we have celebrated outrageously because everybody loves a lover! And hasn't the good Dr. Malone loved almost all of us right back?
On a higher note, the Grand Opening of a New Symphony is making it's debut in our Springboro schools as our school superintendent and school staff have "thrown out the red carpet" to warmly Welcome our kids back to the NEW SCHOOL YEAR of 2013-14! How exciting to walk the familiar halls and see signs of New Adventures in Learning; new staff, new supplies, newly painted walls and polished floors! And the beginnning of the new day starts with the excitement of our kids getting on those NEW school buses and safely heading off to school! Why would any school board candidate mount a campaign to change this direction of opportunity in which our children's future education is successfuly heading?

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And the resonable explanation for voting in people to the BOE that don't have kids in the schools system? What about putting someone on the board that couldn't even take care of their personal finances, let alone the districts?
The board did take care of the finances. Have you not heard about the new contract with the teachers? Busing is back? text books? lower pay to play? a surplus? lower tax rate on the renewal levy?
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Malone only has explaining to do to those who don't support him. He is not solely responsible for the entire district. Where was the BOE in guiding the curriculum? If Dr. Malone is so dangerous then why isn't Kelly running again?
Well, I don't support Malone and I am a voter. One would think he wants my vote. So, why not try to earn it? Why not tell me why my view of him is wrong? As for Kohls, I have no idea why she isn't running again. I suppose with all the board has accomplished with her at the helm...and you cannot deny the positives...would you want to work for people as thankful as you?
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>Face it, you're simply scared of his popularity. The board tried to remove him and could not. Not all voters need reasons for every little thing. In the end that is what will matter. All elections are popularity contests, otherwise an "actor" or a "community organizer" would have never become mayor or even president.
What I'm scared of is people voting purely as a popularity contest rather than looking at issues and the performance of those that want our vote. You nailed it when you describe obama's election. So, why would you let it slide when it comes to your kids? Asking the candidates to explain themselves is the least they can do.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is his reason is only important to the 10+ people on this site that keep asking for it. It seems as if most people here just like to gripe and need a target. In the meantime Doug will keep copy and pasting, people will use the word hypocrite and most will keep griping about things that haven't even happened yet.
Unless, they see the writing on the wall.....
I find it hard to comprehend that asking a candidate for a position as important as this to explain themselves is considered griping. Doesn't the report that Dough keeps pasting trouble you in the least?
Try Following Suggestions

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that, you just act as if Malone is the end-all. What power does the H.S. principal have over the Intermediate school principal? Doesn't the school board hold any responsibility in this? What about the assistant principal? For that matter, where have you been the past couple of years? Did you ever bring this to Malone's attention while he was at the H.S.?
It just occurs to me that there are so many people here pointing out the problems and never offering any solutions. Some people are people of action and don't have time to be on every blog on the internet because they are actually DOING something about it, others (not necessarily you) just gripe.
Why didn't Malone follow through with some of the suggestions? The suggestions from his peer group and that High Schools That Work program seem simple enough to administer.

Sounds like last night they started taking the advice they were paying for from that group. I can't believe it only took somebody a week to get that dual credit thing going. If that is truly the case Malone let a number of families down over the past few years.
Increasing Options

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

SAY NO TO CRAZY wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have a few reasons why we should change directions: creationism, League of the South, Liberty Institute, Glenn Beck, and David Barton... Where is STRENGTHENING the curriculum in all of the ideas brought up by the current board that I listed?
Sounds like the school district and the board started last night and did in a week what Malone couldn't do in 13 years. Dual credit sounds like a win for everyone, why didn't we have this before? Maybe next we can be honest about how much our kids are really learning.
Reality Bytes

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

SAY NO TO CRAZY wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me, But those "reasons" are only "realities" of YOUR criticisms and false accusations against our highly successful reform minded BOE representatives winning agenda for our schools and community.

How can you change "directions" from the distortions made up for
S-U-R-E anger and hatred shown for Springboro parent Kelly Kohls?(who has the same right to offer her concerns and input regarding her students classroom curriculum as any other ones of the David Bowman group for S-U-R-E.) Taxpaying homeowners ALL pay the same percentage of our property wealth to INVEST in the FUTURE of America's Leaders of Tomorrow! All taxpaying homeowners views MUST be respected and VALUED -- the SEA does NOT own our freedoms and our rights to free speech and voluntary religious expressions; just because they are employed in our taxpayer-funded schools.
If All our VOICES aren't represented on our freely elected Board of Education, then our schoold district would be judged Guilty of imposing taxation on targeted homeowners with NO representation on the BOE.
Not good enough

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookin at the HSTW site I found this:
"2006 High School Gold Award Winning Sites
Deer Park High School
Little Miami High School
Springboro High School
Talawanda High School
Waynesville High School
Winton Woods High School
2006 High School Top 100 Awards
Bethel Tate High School
Carlisle High School
Deer Park High School
Franklin High School
Greene County Career Center
Little Miami High School
Live Oaks Career Development Center
Miami Valley Career Technology Center
Mount Healthy High School
Paint Valley High School
Portsmouth High School
Reading Senior High School
Springboro High School
Springfield-Clark County Career Center
Talawanda High School
Tri-County North High School
Waynesville High School
Williamsburg HighSchool
Wilmington High School
Winton Woods High School"
Does Malone not get any credit for that?
They have 2007 which we didn't make the list, but I can't find anything after that.
Maybe they were annoyed we kept doing things that didn't align with their thoughts. Like dumbing down the curriculum, neglecting the junior high feeder program, not promoting dual credit programs, etc etc etc Whose lap does that fall into? Malone's.
BORO ALUMNI

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

DUAL CREDIT INSTRUCTORS
Requirements taken from Kent State:
High school instructors of dual credit courses shall meet the requirements for faculty teaching in institutions of higher education, as stipulated for accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. As such, dual credit instructors shall comply with these standards required by academic units at the University. In keeping with state requirements, it is expected that high school teachers will hold a master's degree or a Ph.D. in the discipline in which they are teaching or a master's degree and at least 18 credit hours completed at the graduate level in the discipline in which they are teaching.

New dual credit instructors will participate in orientation activities provided by the University, campus and/or academic department. Continuing dual credit instructors must participate in both the same professional development and evaluation activities as those expected of adjunct faculty on the University campuses. In order to assure comparability of the dual credit courses with the corresponding experiences on the college campus, college academic departments will provide instructors of dual credit courses with support services, including a designated on-campus faculty member to serve as a liaison.

Dual credit instructors will be evaluated according to Kent State University's evaluation policies for other part-time/adjunct faculty, with the recommendation for continuation being the responsibility of the campus academic department. Thus, Kent State University will provide on-site supervision and evaluation of the dual credit faculty. The faculty liaisons must make at least one visit to the high school each semester. Student Surveys of Instruction will be administered in the dual credit course within the time frame and with the method (paper or electronic) utilized by the university.

So, dual credit teachers in the high school have to meet the state standards of having at least a Master's Degree in the subject. Many of the new teachers hired in at BA-0 to save money will not be eligible to teach the dual credit classes. Springboro needs to keep the Master's prepared teachers to accomplish this and expand this program.
SAY NO TO CRAZY

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Bytes wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me, But those "reasons" are only "realities" of YOUR criticisms and false accusations against our highly successful reform minded BOE representatives winning agenda for our schools and community.
How can you change "directions" from the distortions made up for
S-U-R-E anger and hatred shown for Springboro parent Kelly Kohls?(who has the same right to offer her concerns and input regarding her students classroom curriculum as any other ones of the David Bowman group for S-U-R-E.) Taxpaying homeowners ALL pay the same percentage of our property wealth to INVEST in the FUTURE of America's Leaders of Tomorrow! All taxpaying homeowners views MUST be respected and VALUED -- the SEA does NOT own our freedoms and our rights to free speech and voluntary religious expressions; just because they are employed in our taxpayer-funded schools.
If All our VOICES aren't represented on our freely elected Board of Education, then our schoold district would be judged Guilty of imposing taxation on targeted homeowners with NO representation on the BOE.
How are they FALSE accusations? Have you not been to the BOE meetings, read the newspapers, or read the articles on the internet? It has been ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL to teach creationism in science class. You can practice your religious expressions all you want in your church/home, or as a student individually as laid out in the Ohio Revised Code 3316.601, but you can't go against the law cases on the books that have repeatedly determined different than YOUR opinion. It's not about YOU. It's the law.

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
It just occurs to me that there are so many people here pointing out the problems...
This is a very interesting, and I think the most important, point. The problem in our city is there aren't so many people pointing out the problems, let alone even acknowledging them. I guarantee you the vast majority of the noisy springboro parents that hate the current board and can't stand to see a levy fail know not one iota about the report that Doug keeps posting. They see the words "Excellent with distinction" and have no clue of the criteria that makes up that false rating.

As for solutions? Well, seems to me the current board has implemented many of them.
Question Everything

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me, but Kohls "gave up" nothing because of the "complete lack of understanding of the law...."
Don't you know that the school board policy committee showed due respect to Springboro citizens (who requested the issue be taken OFF public agenda); so that the ignorant noise of the ill-informed "of the law" would be silenced long enough so that the policy committee leaders could have more time to study more effective means of "teaching" the public the REAL understanding of the law? This issue came to the public during a very busy time schedule for the BOE members (and they can only be
s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d so far, even if it is in the RIGHT direction).

Don't you remember that the priority of the board's time was required by the important employment negotiations on new contracts needed to set in place to get ready for the NEW school year?
We all owe a debt of gratitude and Thanks to Kelly Kohls and our board members Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Don Miller, and Wendy Kull, along with Mr. Petrey and the SEA team for this unprecedented 2013 VICTORY of a New School Year beginning with Pay Increases for our teachers in our safe and comfortable tax-payer funded public schools facilities! AND, let's not forget, be it ever so humble AND small, that SLIGHT reduction in Renewal Levy costs to Springboro families!! Thank you for Standing Up For Taxpaying homeowners in the board room! WE WILL NOT LET YOU
DOWN AT THE POLLS IN NOVEMBER!
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Not good enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they were annoyed we kept doing things that didn't align with their thoughts. Like dumbing down the curriculum, neglecting the junior high feeder program, not promoting dual credit programs, etc etc etc Whose lap does that fall into? Malone's.
How many times do you have to hear the the BOE approves the curriculum? Malone isn't a monarch.
Not good enough

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

BORO ALUMNI wrote:
DUAL CREDIT INSTRUCTORS
Requirements taken from Kent State:
High school instructors of dual credit courses shall meet the requirements for faculty teaching in institutions of higher education, as stipulated for accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. As such, dual credit instructors shall comply with these standards required by academic units at the University. In keeping with state requirements, it is expected that high school teachers will hold a master's degree or a Ph.D. in the discipline in which they are teaching or a master's degree and at least 18 credit hours completed at the graduate level in the discipline in which they are teaching.
New dual credit instructors will participate in orientation activities provided by the University, campus and/or academic department. Continuing dual credit instructors must participate in both the same professional development and evaluation activities as those expected of adjunct faculty on the University campuses. In order to assure comparability of the dual credit courses with the corresponding experiences on the college campus, college academic departments will provide instructors of dual credit courses with support services, including a designated on-campus faculty member to serve as a liaison.
Dual credit instructors will be evaluated according to Kent State University's evaluation policies for other part-time/adjunct faculty, with the recommendation for continuation being the responsibility of the campus academic department. Thus, Kent State University will provide on-site supervision and evaluation of the dual credit faculty. The faculty liaisons must make at least one visit to the high school each semester. Student Surveys of Instruction will be administered in the dual credit course within the time frame and with the method (paper or electronic) utilized by the university.
So, dual credit teachers in the high school have to meet the state standards of having at least a Master's Degree in the subject. Many of the new teachers hired in at BA-0 to save money will not be eligible to teach the dual credit classes. Springboro needs to keep the Master's prepared teachers to accomplish this and expand this program.
Are you saying that the only teachers available to teach this class are the ones we just hired? We still have 85% of our original staff, and none of them have Master's Degrees? I don't think so. This looks even easier than I thought to employ, why haven't we been doing this for years?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,501 - 26,520 of30,997
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality speaks 28,424
17-year-old boy indicted for knock-out game 4 hr The Hack Checker 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr PetVax 18,482
poor dogs 5 hr Curious Bob 5
Feather Birdsong (Oct '10) Jul 7 punk ass bitches 6
Family of robbery suspect says he was gullible Jul 5 The Duke of Hazard 6
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••