Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31879 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Question Everything

Piqua, OH

#26975 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ever write a post without using the "M" word? I guess you don't have a problem with the "S" or the "A".
However you should be well aware that it was the BOE (three members in particular) wanting to put the constitutional classes into the schools (remember that?) The reason they were offering the classes was so the public could be better educated on their content, as if you couldn't find out about the tie to the League of the South without sitting through the class.
Again I just see you wasting your time asking questions you will never get an answer to and even if you did it wouldn't change the minds of most here.
Can you ever write a post without trying to discredit and distort the winning agenda of our current BOE; and without trying to personally attack the BOE with your false accusations and lies?
Aren't your posts of "destructive politics" proving that YOU are the one who isn't doing YOUR homework? Have you considered that the reason could be that you are spending your time bullying the school board; with no time to do your homework studying the issues and learning the truth about the good work being accomplished by our BOE? Do you have one reason WHY we should change directions and follow the "M" word of former SHS princial Ron?
Heart Burn

United States

#26976 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes money to help gifted students, the BOE couldn't get a levy passed and now we get the "D" and you blame it on Malone?

LMBO...Couldn't get a levy passed? I believe this current BOE has proved, very well I might add, that the all those levys were
never needed. The money was there. In case you missed it....Every employee just got raises, all bussing has been restored, P2P was lowered. Every single reason the levy moms preached to use that we "needed" a levy in the first place, this BOE has proved to be false. The money was there, still is. Why were the programs never implemented? When the current BOE even suggested looking at improving our gifted student programs the nattering naybobs screamed from the highest mountains..."NO CHARTER SCHOOLS." Although these programs would have helped our gifted students the SEA wanted nothing to do with non union options. Way to stand for the kids. Mr Malone was quite aware of the programs he could have helped institute...he chose not to.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You all have it out for him. Not "citing" references is frowned upon in higher education.
And yet you have not been able to refute a single item he has presented...even when attributed. You have not been able to provide a single cited item that adds to your opinion. Why is that? Why do you ignore the sourced information he provides, only to deflect to an off in the weeds excuse of a single itme that was not attributed? Higher education may frown on unattributed citations, but through personal experiance they frown even more on poor logic, reasoning, and the inability to make a solid argument that backs ones opinion.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want everyone here to know that all the credit he is given (and you give alot of it) is stuff that can be simply found through google.
And I for one thank him for sharing his information. Perhaps you could share some cited information that helps make your opinion relevent to the discussion. I would be happy to debate your sourced, sited, attributed facts that support your opinion if you could provide some.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally if people are that concerned with the state of the board then why are they not running themselves, or supporting/naming candidates who are running they can get behind?
You're fooling yourself if you believe that. Try providing a positive reason to vote for your candidate, or any other candidate. I see plenty of cited reasons not to vote for more of the old status quo of the union first mentality. But if you think no one is supporting other candidates, you are sadly mistaken. I for one like this current BOE. They have done a great job when the big picture is in focus.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
(I'm supposing your personal attacks on me are ok?, as well as Doug assuming that someone who he talks down to is female?)
I'm sorry, but you are going to have to provide a few, one at least, cited examples of when I have ever attacked you on a personal basis. Thanks
Heart Burn

United States

#26977 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't for get to correct Doug on his use of the English language:
"And perhaps you would care to espouse more loudly on what ontological lectures and debate entailed. Or maybe syllogistic disputations and on what subjects the entailed?"
Isn't a comma missing?
Still off in the weeds, deflecting away from the real discussion. I guess it is easier to ignore the truth than try to address it.

I won't argue grammer and simple typos on a blog site/sight/cite. ;-D My reqason to point out your obvious misuse of the word site was to suggest those that live in glass houses....
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26978 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my attacks have been about how I have a better beard than he, or he is too skinny, or I have more hair on my head, etc, etc, etc,
My questions and presentations have drawn upon the record Mr. Malone established as principal and leader of not only the high school, but of the district. Every other school in this district is a feeder program for the high school. Just like the major leagues in baseball, the leader of the major league club must ensure the growth and development of the players of tomorrow if the major league club is to be competitive tomorrow. The high school is no different, yet without support from the principal of the high school, individual initiatives that lack the full authority of the principal are likely to fall short.
Thus was the case noted by the audit of the Warren County Educational Services Center for the High Schools That Work program. According to a survey of the teachers at the high school they reported less collaboration between schools than should have been. This too was not a one time occurrence but also was reported in previous audits.
Page 13
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HT...
Reporting what Mr. Malone's professional peers say in audits of the program of studies at the high school is not a personal attack, but more aptly a report of Mr. Malone's record at hand and how it applies to each and every child in the district.
I get that, you just act as if Malone is the end-all. What power does the H.S. principal have over the Intermediate school principal? Doesn't the school board hold any responsibility in this? What about the assistant principal? For that matter, where have you been the past couple of years? Did you ever bring this to Malone's attention while he was at the H.S.?

It just occurs to me that there are so many people here pointing out the problems and never offering any solutions. Some people are people of action and don't have time to be on every blog on the internet because they are actually DOING something about it, others (not necessarily you) just gripe.
Heart Burn

United States

#26979 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I also see that HeartBurn got the point of site and cite, but it still didn't slow her down.
And you have one as well.
HER? tsk tsk. Didn't you just make a comment about assumptions and personal attacks? LMBO. Pot...meet kettle
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26980 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Still off in the weeds, deflecting away from the real discussion. I guess it is easier to ignore the truth than try to address it.
I won't argue grammer and simple typos on a blog site/sight/cite. ;-D My reqason to point out your obvious misuse of the word site was to suggest those that live in glass houses....
Good point (reqason) back at ya.
Got Respect

Piqua, OH

#26981 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And the resonable explanation for voting in people to the BOE that don't have kids in the schools system? What about putting someone on the board that couldn't even take care of their personal finances, let alone the districts?
Dr. Malone only has explaining to do to those who don't support him. He is not solely responsible for the entire district. Where was the BOE in guiding the curriculum? If Dr. Malone is so dangerous then why isn't Kelly running again?
Face it, you're simply scared of his popularity. The board tried to remove him and could not. Not all voters need reasons for every little thing. In the end that is what will matter. All elections are popularity contests, otherwise an "actor" or a "community organizer" would have never become mayor or even president.
The fact is his reason is only important to the 10+ people on this site that keep asking for it. It seems as if most people here just like to gripe and need a target. In the meantime Doug will keep copy and pasting, people will use the word hypocrite and most will keep griping about things that haven't even happened yet.
Unless, they see the writing on the wall.....
I disagree with your false accusation that "the board tried to remove him and could not." It is a matter of personnel records, that Mr. Malone's boss (at that time, Mr. Lolli) offered Mr. Malone a big job promotion in district offices allowing Mr. Malone to apply his 40 plus years of professional educational expertise
to the benefit of all our building principals and all our students.(In the private sector, it is unheard of for an "older employee" to be offered this kind of promotional honor!)
BUT, according to the DDN, it was the president of the SEA, Mr. Maney, who quickly notified the local news that the SEA staff of union employees were not happy with Mr. Malone's promotion.
During the time of Mr. Lolli's employment as schools superintendent, he allowed his employee Mr. Malone, to shirk his professional educator's responsibility to our students in preference to SEA first interest for Mr. Maney. Then when Mr. Lolli left employment in Springboro Schools, Mr. Malone re-applied for the great job in district offices; obviously trying to avoid taking responsibility for his ineptness as high school principal for the past years of his employment, as a retired-rehired double dipper.
Heart Burn

United States

#26982 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, I don't see you defending Dr. Malone when he has personal attacks from Doug, or yourself for that matter. Didn't know you were the moral compass around here.
Moral compass? Nope not at all. I am simply pointing oiut the obvious flaws in your posts. If you can show me a single persaonl attack Mr Wiedemann has thrown at Mr Malone on these pages I will be sure to address it. However, from what I have seen...or is it scene...He posts factual links and informed opinions leaving the petty stuff to others. Again, however, if you would share a few examples of all of these persaonl attacks you speak of, I'd sure like to see them. thanks.
Heart Burn

United States

#26983 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point (reqason) back at ya.
Uhhhh I/eye for/fore/four one/won think you/ewe might/mite have/half missed/mist the point.
Heart Burn

United States

#26984 Aug 30, 2013
Dang forgot "pointe" ;-D
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26985 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my attacks have been about how I have a better beard than he, or he is too skinny, or I have more hair on my head, etc, etc, etc,
My questions and presentations have drawn upon the record Mr. Malone established as principal and leader of not only the high school, but of the district. Every other school in this district is a feeder program for the high school. Just like the major leagues in baseball, the leader of the major league club must ensure the growth and development of the players of tomorrow if the major league club is to be competitive tomorrow. The high school is no different, yet without support from the principal of the high school, individual initiatives that lack the full authority of the principal are likely to fall short.
Thus was the case noted by the audit of the Warren County Educational Services Center for the High Schools That Work program. According to a survey of the teachers at the high school they reported less collaboration between schools than should have been. This too was not a one time occurrence but also was reported in previous audits.
Page 13
Reporting what Mr. Malone's professional peers say in audits of the program of studies at the high school is not a personal attack, but more aptly a report of Mr. Malone's record at hand and how it applies to each and every child in the district.
Lookin at the HSTW site I found this:

"2006 High School Gold Award Winning Sites
Deer Park High School
Little Miami High School
Springboro High School
Talawanda High School
Waynesville High School
Winton Woods High School

2006 High School Top 100 Awards
Bethel Tate High School
Carlisle High School
Deer Park High School
Franklin High School
Greene County Career Center
Little Miami High School
Live Oaks Career Development Center
Miami Valley Career Technology Center
Mount Healthy High School
Paint Valley High School
Portsmouth High School
Reading Senior High School
Springboro High School
Springfield-Clark County Career Center
Talawanda High School
Tri-County North High School
Waynesville High School
Williamsburg HighSchool
Wilmington High School
Winton Woods High School"

Does Malone not get any credit for that?

They have 2007 which we didn't make the list, but I can't find anything after that.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26986 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
Dang forgot "pointe" ;-D
No I didn't. You did.
Excellence w Distinction

Xenia, OH

#26987 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Page 13
If Dr. Malone is responsible for everything is Springboro schools, the we should be thanking him for our many Excellence with Distinction merits!
Thank you Dr. Malone!!!
Heart Burn

United States

#26988 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. You did.
LOL...Did you really just hit me with a "No I didn't. You did"? Well nannannabooboo back at ya. C'mon, don't make me yell "Mom, Do your own homework is touching me!"

And yet still no examples of personal attacks. Higher education requires sources, you are correct, but they also require the ability to stay on topic, answers to direct questions with well thought out. reasoned logical informed opinions and facts for the opinion to be considered. You are failing quite epically here in those regards.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26989 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Did you really just hit me with a "No I didn't. You did"? Well nannannabooboo back at ya. C'mon, don't make me yell "Mom, Do your own homework is touching me!"
And yet still no examples of personal attacks. Higher education requires sources, you are correct, but they also require the ability to stay on topic, answers to direct questions with well thought out. reasoned logical informed opinions and facts for the opinion to be considered. You are failing quite epically here in those regards.
And you're right there with me. "Takes one to know one."
Heart Burn

United States

#26990 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're right there with me. "Takes one to know one."
More non-responsive off topic deflection. Well played.

Since: Dec 08

Girard, OH

#26991 Aug 30, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't really addressed the constitutionality - I was just noting the scope of the stupidity of the teachings of the Institute (911 was an inside job, etc.).
As to constitutionality, of course it's unconstitutional to invite a religious organization (which they are) to come to the school and use the school's property to push their sect and doctrine on children - and adults for that matter.
Why do you think Kohls backed down, btw? Clearly she didn't have too much faith in the constitutionality of pushing religion on school grounds.
Sorry, you are wrong. During school hours, outside religious organizations and clubs must not meet at public schools. After school hours, such groups may meet at a public school only if the school permits other outside clubs and organizations to meet at the same time and does not endorse the club's religious activity. It's settled law. This is settled constitutional law.

The course offered was not being offered during school hours nor to our children (at least forcefully). The only way our children could have attended is if they signed up for the course.

I suppose that among the reasons Kohls gave up is the complete lack of understanding of the law...just as you have shown here.
SAY NO TO CRAZY

Maineville, OH

#26992 Aug 30, 2013
Question Everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ever write a post without trying to discredit and distort the winning agenda of our current BOE; and without trying to personally attack the BOE with your false accusations and lies?
Aren't your posts of "destructive politics" proving that YOU are the one who isn't doing YOUR homework? Have you considered that the reason could be that you are spending your time bullying the school board; with no time to do your homework studying the issues and learning the truth about the good work being accomplished by our BOE? Do you have one reason WHY we should change directions and follow the "M" word of former SHS princial Ron?
Actually, I have a few reasons why we should change directions: creationism, League of the South, Liberty Institute, Glenn Beck, and David Barton... Where is STRENGTHENING the curriculum in all of the ideas brought up by the current board that I listed?
If you like failure

Lebanon, OH

#26993 Aug 30, 2013
Excellence w Distinction wrote:
<quoted text>
If Dr. Malone is responsible for everything is Springboro schools, the we should be thanking him for our many Excellence with Distinction merits!
Thank you Dr. Malone!!!
Doesn't proficient equal failure to normal people. Only a school employee would have the nerve to celebrate a child scoring 48% on a test. If this were a barnyard, and it like it came out of the wrong end of a horse, and it smelled like it came out of the wrong end of the horse, and if you stepped in it and it felt like it came out of the wrong end of the horse, then it probably is the same stuff as your argument.
SAY NO TO CRAZY

Maineville, OH

#26994 Aug 30, 2013
Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you are wrong. During school hours, outside religious organizations and clubs must not meet at public schools. After school hours, such groups may meet at a public school only if the school permits other outside clubs and organizations to meet at the same time and does not endorse the club's religious activity. It's settled law. This is settled constitutional law.
The course offered was not being offered during school hours nor to our children (at least forcefully). The only way our children could have attended is if they signed up for the course.
I suppose that among the reasons Kohls gave up is the complete lack of understanding of the law...just as you have shown here.
The BOE did endorse it, personally sent out emails announcing it, and gave the Superintendents office number to sign up and send the money for the classes. That's more than just allowing an outside group to use the facility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
7-26-15 Updated sincere form letter 20 hr The Old Cold Warrior 3
Trump was a draft dodger 20 hr The Old Cold Warrior 8
Donate to Disadvantaged American Victims! Jul 25 Disadvantaged Victim 1
Jerry Springer goofed with the truth Jul 24 The Hack Checker 5
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Jul 24 Leon Harrison 28
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) Jul 24 Some random guy 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages