Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Read more: Dayton Daily News 31,813

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Read more
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26912 Aug 29, 2013
Surely You Jest Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
From Ms. Peppin's Week 4 Class Outline. These are her comments at the bottom of the page: An add-on to Lesson 4 article on Socialism & Education.
This is another eye-opener for why our schools cannot be reformed in their current state. They need to be completely
dismantled and rebuilt. Our educational system IS working to perform what it was designed to perform, as stated below Ė
creating students who will follow a new social order, NOT THINK FOR THEMSELVES USING ABSOLUTE TRUTH AS
THEIR BASIS. School levies perpetuate the below-stated outcomes. This is not an indictment against individual teachers,
but rather against what they are REQUIRED to teach. Itís in the curriculum. Sometimes it is subtle, and even the best
teachers will not be able to overcome the basic foundational elements that are being put forth in the curriculum.
Blessings, Ricki :)
1/26/2012 http://www.arky.org/Constitution/IOTC/Educati...
"Completely dismantled and rebuilt" is the summary of the Constitutional Nutritionist on education? I'd say she has more of an agenda than the Constitution and nutrition. Ok...now you go Doug...relate this back to Malone...
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
On a purely voluntary basis, interested ADULTS who wished to learn more about our Constitution did so.

Why do you feel the need to tell less than the truth?

Ms. Peppin is a private citizen who is not employed by our school system, has no sway nor control over our educational system in Springboro, and only wished to utilize space to teach her class.

Mr. Malone had control over our children's curriculum for 13 years, why did Mr. Malone choose to dumb down our curriculum?

Mr. Malone was an employee of the Springboro School District who had a duty to do the best he could with the available resources to promote the education of our district's children. Mr Malone chose to go the opposite direction and dumb down our curriculum.
not a Bigelow drinker

Girard, OH

#26913 Aug 29, 2013
Surely You Jest Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
From Ms. Peppin's Week 4 Class Outline. These are her comments at the bottom of the page: An add-on to Lesson 4 article on Socialism & Education.
This is another eye-opener for why our schools cannot be reformed in their current state. They need to be completely
dismantled and rebuilt. Our educational system IS working to perform what it was designed to perform, as stated below Ė
creating students who will follow a new social order, NOT THINK FOR THEMSELVES USING ABSOLUTE TRUTH AS
THEIR BASIS. School levies perpetuate the below-stated outcomes. This is not an indictment against individual teachers,
but rather against what they are REQUIRED to teach. Itís in the curriculum. Sometimes it is subtle, and even the best
teachers will not be able to overcome the basic foundational elements that are being put forth in the curriculum.
Blessings, Ricki :)
1/26/2012 http://www.arky.org/Constitution/IOTC/Educati...
"Completely dismantled and rebuilt" is the summary of the Constitutional Nutritionist on education? I'd say she has more of an agenda than the Constitution and nutrition. Ok...now you go Doug...relate this back to Malone...
In this 21st century global economy, America's public schoolchildren continued to be slaughtered academically by many of their international peers. For much of this damage we can blame the steady rise of liberalism within education during the last two generations. Changes toward common sense thinking and behavior need to happen and for the sake of this nation's physical security, they need to start happening very soon.

Peppin is absolutely correct. In general, America's public school students are not taught to think for themselves. From K-12 like a millions of little lambs they are instructed to "follow" whatever is printed in their textbooks. Then after they graduate from high school and college, we wonder why many of them are struggle in the work force. Students today graduate from high school knowing how to do one thing well and that's how to pass an exam. So frickin' what? The fact of the matter is, we as parents taken as a whole are FAILING to prepare our children for the real world in the ways it matters to their futures the most.

"Completely dismantled and rebuilt" is about disassembling / discarding the current insufficient public school curriculum, then working to rebuild their minds, hearts and souls with a type of spirit and common sense held by our fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers and beyond. "Dismantle and Rebuild" is important to protect our freedoms,(or rather) to help protect what is REMAINING of our Constitutional freedoms.
Reject Forced Unionism

Piqua, OH

#26914 Aug 29, 2013
SAY NO TO CRAZY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...don't have a union job. Nope...don't have strong union ties. Just trying to keep the crazy out of the curriculum.
..... let's keep the crazy out of the curriculum in our children's classroom with a union teacher indoctrinating each child with insanely popular unionism.

The OEA members are some of the worst people we will ever have to deal with as to radical social behavior; because to the OEA radicals they are at war with the taxpayers.
They have the destruction of America in their minds and they are terrible people because their ideology makes them corrosive. They openly use children to execute their maniacal plans for social progressive changes at the expense of society, and this defines their essence. Wars are won by taking away from the other side the will to continue fighting. The OEA attacks them directly hoping to rob them of their will to stand opposed to the unionís progressive agenda.
Creepy Creepy Stalker

Xenia, OH

#26915 Aug 29, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
On a purely voluntary basis, interested ADULTS who wished to learn more about our Constitution did so.
Why do you feel the need to tell less than the truth?
Ms. Peppin is a private citizen who is not employed by our school system, has no sway nor control over our educational system in Springboro, and only wished to utilize space to teach her class.
Mr. Malone had control over our children's curriculum for 13 years, why did Mr. Malone choose to dumb down our curriculum?
Mr. Malone was an employee of the Springboro School District who had a duty to do the best he could with the available resources to promote the education of our district's children. Mr Malone chose to go the opposite direction and dumb down our curriculum.
After reading thorugh these posts, it seems that a certain someone (whose favorite tool is cut-n-paste) is WAY to pre-occupied with a former principal!

I think we have a stalker on our hands...
You Betcha

Piqua, OH

#26916 Aug 29, 2013
Creepy Creepy Stalker wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading thorugh these posts, it seems that a certain someone (whose favorite tool is cut-n-paste) is WAY to pre-occupied with a former principal!
I think we have a stalker on our hands...
Watch dogs for the taxpayers school tax dollars never sleep (unlike that insanely popular has been a high school principal for the PAST 13 years.... who has earned the privilege of nodding off from time to time; Wake Up, Mr. Malone, the time has come for you
to GO HOME and sleep it off on your time....)
You Betcha

Piqua, OH

#26917 Aug 29, 2013
Reject Forced Unionism wrote:
Children are better off with a parent who has limited knowledge about the world, but a lot of love to give them than a teacher with a doctorate who makes too much money and is instructing children to vote for progressive causes ruining the mind of young people for the first 15 years of their life, till they wake up at age 35 and realize that all the leftist causes they believe in were the creations of their public schools. They spend the rest of their lives unlearning all the garbage they learned in K-12 education. It would save them a great deal of headache later to not learn those things at all and let a computer at home teach them the basics like math, English, science, then letting The History Channel teach them everything else. That would be much more effective than even the best public schools paid for with stolen property tax money.
Wouldn't it be better for the human spirit and for the soul of this nation to encourage people to accept more responsibility to care for each other rather than leaving those tasks to paid bureaucrats?-Ronald Reagan
truth to power

Girard, OH

#26918 Aug 29, 2013
STEPPING STONE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, her end game was to send out flares via national news stories, such as creationism, pseudo-history, charter schools, etc. to get the attention of "like-minded" people to garner future support for after the Springboro BOE. That was her strategy, along with using the BOE position to start the OSBLC, get into bed with AFP, "campaign" across Ohio under the guise of her presentations, and then good-bye to Springboro! Boro was just a stepping stone...just wait and watch...the supporters were duped.
partisan wrote:
<quoted text>
Duped ? 4 years of no levy tax increases ?...dupe way...works for me...no tax increase is no tax increase any way you spin it !
HELL YEAH!! Dupe me all night long baby!!
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#26919 Aug 29, 2013
I really want to know if anyone has sent $30 to Ricki Pepin to get her magical Biblical cure for 80% of all diseases.
Personally, if I had a magic diet that would cure 80% of all diseases, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from giving it away for free, all of the time.
truth to power

Girard, OH

#26920 Aug 29, 2013
SAY NO TO CRAZY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...don't have a union job. Nope...don't have strong union ties. Just trying to keep the crazy out of the curriculum.
Are you a parent of a Springboro student? This evening take a moment to page through your child's history or social studies textbook. You'll see where exactly where liberals have already placed "crazy" in our childrens curriculum.

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."

- George Orwell
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26921 Aug 29, 2013
Speaking of coughing something up, lets ask Mr Malone to cough up some answers about why he took taxpayer money to dumb down our high school curriculum.

Page 10

From the 2012 report by the Warren County Educational Service Center.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS...

"SHS still offers general level classes (Algebra 1A and 1B, physical science, US HIstory, and World History) Thus, not all students experience a college preparatory curriculum. Documents provided to the TAV Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Work (HSTW) philosophy, SHS believes that offering low level courses is in the best interest of students. THIS BELIEF, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED BY RESEARCH OR DATA."

Dumbing down the curriculum is apparently not in the best interest of the student.

Nothing substantiates this belief in either research or data.

Yet, that was the path Mr. Malone chose for your children.

These are not my conclusions, but the conclusions of professional educators from the Warren County Educational Service Center hired by the school district to audit our program of studies before this board ever came to be.
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#26922 Aug 29, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a parent of a Springboro student? This evening take a moment to page through your child's history or social studies textbook. You'll see where exactly where liberals have already placed "crazy" in our childrens curriculum.
"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
- George Orwell
- Please provide an example. Otherwise, you just sound like another paranoid person brainwashed by your favorite radio and television hosts.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26923 Aug 29, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
- Please provide an example. Otherwise, you just sound like another paranoid person brainwashed by your favorite radio and television hosts.
Come on motorvoter, tell us what Ron Malone thinks about the reports from The High School That Works audits conducted by his professional education peers.

The community is wanting to know why dumbing down the curriculum at the high schools was a better choice than increasing its rigor.

Why would Mr. Malone choose lower level courses for our children over higher level courses?
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#26924 Aug 29, 2013
I'll take that as a no - that you did not, in fact, send $30 to Ricki Pepin because she claims to be able to cure 80% of all diseases with her magical Biblical diet.

That being established, isn't a bit weird that she makes such grand claims? For cash?

Use your brain, Doug.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#26925 Aug 29, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on motorvoter, tell us what Ron Malone thinks about the reports from The High School That Works audits conducted by his professional education peers.
The community is wanting to know why dumbing down the curriculum at the high schools was a better choice than increasing its rigor.
Why would Mr. Malone choose lower level courses for our children over higher level courses?
I'll tell you what I think. Malone shouldn't be shouldering the blame according to your own source.

Why stick all this on Malone? Where is your outcry for the accountability of the middle school principals? From the High School That Works Site:

"Too many students leave the middle grades unprepared to succeed in rigorous high school studies and unable to take advantage of all that high school can offer. By ninth grade, many struggling students have fallen behind and are on a path to become high school dropouts."

Wouldn't that suggest that some of the blame falls on the middle school principals since by the time Malone gets a hold of them they are on a "path to become high school dropouts?"

And it is the school board the approves the curriculum isn't it?
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

#26926 Aug 29, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
I'll take that as a no - that you did not, in fact, send $30 to Ricki Pepin because she claims to be able to cure 80% of all diseases with her magical Biblical diet.
That being established, isn't a bit weird that she makes such grand claims? For cash?
Use your brain, Doug.
Not at all a bit weird that she makes such grand claims; since she is not employed, at taxpayers expense, as a professional educator
in our Springboro Schools.

What is not only weird, by questionable by taxpayers, is that grand claim made by a SHS student during the March 2012 re-instate Ron Malone protest, that...as a high school student, she "could not thrive in her education without her daily smile and have a nice day from the Principal Ron. Not only weird, questionable, but just crazy creepy.
Concerned parent

Youngstown, OH

#26927 Aug 29, 2013
Doug - Where can we find the entire document from the Warren County Educational Service Center?
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#26928 Aug 29, 2013
Apparently, the people that Kelly Kohls, David Petroni and Jim Rigano want to teach your children about the Founding Fathers, in addition to promoting pseudo-history and Southern separatism, believe (or at least push) the theory that 911 was an inside job - yep that Bush and Cheney and other members of a secret cabal wired the Twin Towers with explosives. This is just the silliest conspiracy theory, and simply disgusting

visibility911.libsyn.com/2006/06

archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...

If Ricki Pepin was trained by the Institute on the Constitution to teach American history (which seems to involve simply having purchased some materials), it appears that her own education would have included material supporting the view that a secret cabal of Americans destroyed the Twin Towers:

fauxcapitalist.com/2012/06/11/purchased-an-in...

To those who are attending her classes - please inquire regarding her opinion as to this disgusting pseudo-science, pseudo-history explanation for a very painful event in American history.

And do Kohls, Petroni and Rigano believe that 911 was an inside job, and do they wish to teach this to children?
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#26929 Aug 29, 2013
Waste Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all a bit weird that she makes such grand claims; since she is not employed, at taxpayers expense, as a professional educator
in our Springboro Schools.
Right, but didn't the Board want to have the Institute on the Constitution teach and proselytize on school grounds? The Board obviously needs to be kept in check, and people need to be reminded of the false claims and lies that the Board wants to push on children.
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

#26930 Aug 29, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what I think. Malone shouldn't be shouldering the blame according to your own source.
Why stick all this on Malone? Where is your outcry for the accountability of the middle school principals? From the High School That Works Site:
"Too many students leave the middle grades unprepared to succeed in rigorous high school studies and unable to take advantage of all that high school can offer. By ninth grade, many struggling students have fallen behind and are on a path to become high school dropouts."
Wouldn't that suggest that some of the blame falls on the middle school principals since by the time Malone gets a hold of them they are on a "path to become high school dropouts?"
And it is the school board the approves the curriculum isn't it?
Wouldn't it suggest that ALL of the blame falls on Mr. Ron Malone, the has been a high school principal for 13 years, and is now
retired and running for election to take over the BOE to become the YES man for the SEA? Where is the Responsibility in that agenda to our children's future education?
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26931 Aug 29, 2013
Mr. Malone was responsible for dumbing down the curriculum at his high school that he managed for the school district for 13 years.

Mr. Malone alone is responsible for neglecting the curriculum and taking it in a direction that NO RESEARCH or DATA SUPPORTED.

Those are not my words but the words of Mr. Malone's professional education peers at the Warren County Educational Service Center (WCESC).

As is noted in the High School That Work's audit from 2010, Mr. Malone as leader of the high school did little in regards to coordinating courses between the junior high and the high school.

Page 13

The High Schools That Works audit by the Warren County Educational Services Center

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HT...

"The 2010 HSTW Teacher Survey data support the need for greater emphasis on academic transitions. In 2010, only 49 percent of teachers reported meeting with teachers from feeder junior high schools about expectations, content knowledge, and performance standards for students entering the high school at least annually. This is 21 percent below the HSTW goal of 70 percent. Although interviews indicated that high school teachers meet with middle school teachers annually, such meetings typically only involve a small number of teachers. "

Mr. Malone failed to provide the leadership necessary to have teachers from the high school meet with the counterparts from the junior high to ensure adequate preparation and collaboration between each group so that students matriculated with everything they needed to succeed at the next level.

This key point was noted in the 2010 High Schools That Work audit and was reiterated verbatim in the 2012 High Schools That Work audit. Obviously two years rolled by with little to nothing done to rectify the problems of the past.

As the unequivocal leader of the teachers and principals, it was incumbent upon Mr. Malone to look out for the best interests of his students, families, and staff. Mr. Malone appears to have taken the easy way out and looked after only staff members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Bam 19,839
Can we please have a vacation from masturbation? 5 hr reality 2
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 10 hr Fan of Leon The Man 6
local prostitute caught with senior meals on wh... Sun reality 4
"notice to my public" Sun Fan of Leon The Man 3
I don't read the New Dork Whines. Apr 17 The Hack Checker 1
Do you know Jeanie Estle (Aug '10) Apr 15 recoverdiscover 3
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]