Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,295)

Showing posts 25,881 - 25,900 of31,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Time For Kelly To Go

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
There's some of that self righteous name calling rhetoric we've come to expect. However I did read the entire link you provided. I have to ask....AND?
I saw nothing there but more proof of her success in working for the district, the community and the kids.
Maybe you could point out a couple of the items that you hold Kelly specifically responsible for that have had a vast negative impact on the district, community and kids.
I mean...a great education with a great staff for a fraction of what other districts are spending for the same thing. One would think you'd be screaming hurray for us. Property values should be going through the roof eh?
Thanks. Really.
Sorry, forgot the likes of which whom I address here.

Let me break down one, specific issue for you:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/loca...

Kelly Kohls put her own political opinions and preferences ahead of hiring the most qualified teacher who would deliver the best education to our kids. Now how is that a "children first" approach?

How is that anything put an agenda based, partisan political move? Not to mention it is illegal, and now this teaching candidate is suing the district, and with the damning evidence in her favor any lawyer worth the paper their degree is printed on will walk out of court with a big settlement from the schools.

Oh, and guess what - who do you think is going to pay for that big settlement? US! The taxpayers! Paying for Kelly Kohls personal vendetta against a fellow neighbor. Why? Because she has a political agenda and sees no problem advancing it from her bully pulpit.

Oh, and the best part - Kelly wont even pay for it as a taxpayer, because she has a history of declaring bankruptcy and walking away every few years, and because of that she now cannot get credit, so she is forever condemned to be a renter, and therefore she doesn't pay a dime of property taxes!

Pretty sweet deal, I'd say. Until the public gets wind and the concerned taxpayers vote Kelly Kohls out of office on November 5, 2013.
Time For Kelly To Go

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

KOHLS is BANKRUPT wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this author understand that Kohls is NOT accountable?! She was amazingly irresponsible with her personal finances and racked up the debt while living high on the hog. Then when the payments were due? She wasn't accountable. She said "not my fault " she loved the big house the acreage and the vacations but not enough to pay for it. In my home not paying your bills is not considered responsible. Kohls id a hypocrite!
Right on!!! It's time we get more folks in here to counter these Kelly lovers. People need to know what a cheat, fraud, hypocrite, and downright disgusting person lies behind those gobs of makeup. Today will be an interesting day...will she even turn in her petition? Has she heard the will of the people? Is she really listening to the taxpayers as we say PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT OF OUR TOWN KELLY KOHLS!!!??
partisan

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Time For Kelly To Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on!!! It's time we get more folks in here to counter these Kelly lovers. People need to know what a cheat, fraud, hypocrite, and downright disgusting person lies behind those gobs of makeup. Today will be an interesting day...will she even turn in her petition? Has she heard the will of the people? Is she really listening to the taxpayers as we say PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT OF OUR TOWN KELLY KOHLS!!!??
Like you school levy loving Nazis told the rest of us years ago when Kelly wasn't on the board..."you don't like it here, move ! "
Vipers and Hypocrites

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Let me break down one, specific issue for you:
Kelly Kohls put her own political opinions and preferences ahead of hiring the most qualified teacher who would deliver the best education to our kids. Now how is that a "children first" approach?
How is that anything put an agenda based, partisan political move? Not to mention it is illegal, and now this teaching candidate is suing the district, and with the damning evidence in her favor any lawyer worth the paper their degree is printed on will walk out of court with a big settlement from the schools.
Oh, and guess what - who do you think is going to pay for that big settlement? US! The taxpayers! Paying for Kelly Kohls personal vendetta against a fellow neighbor. Why? Because she has a political agenda and sees no problem advancing it from her bully pulpit.
Oh, and the best part - Kelly wont even pay for it as a taxpayer, because she has a history of declaring bankruptcy and walking away every few years, and because of that she now cannot get credit, so she is forever condemned to be a renter, and therefore she doesn't pay a dime of property taxes!
Pretty sweet deal, I'd say. Until the public gets wind and the concerned taxpayers vote Kelly Kohls out of office on November 5, 2013.
What a hypocrite you are and you are ALSO s-t-o-o-p-i-d with your rage and anger against your political opposition. Those of us who pay rent also pay increased rent when the property taxes of rental property increases to the owner from which we rent! There are no free rides in Springboro for anyone EXCEPT the Springboro Education Association false gods of "knowledge" with your emotional blackmailing hostile attacks against Springboro families. Taxpayers never get a break from the old outdated collective bargaining "rights" that legally allow greedy public school teachers to "occupy" classrooms in affluent school districts and demand that educators who teach rich kids have more
VALUE, because the kids have parents who have MORE dollars than public school teachers rightfully earn.
Obviously, our union activists are too dumb to recognize that "Fiscal Responsibility" is a value based IDEAL of individual taxpayers, and Kelly Kohls does not have a "lock box" on fiscal responsibility, whether she is serving her family and community as board representative, or as a Springboro parent who is a Totally Engaged American!
Vipers and Hypocrites

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Based on the standards of the "non-professional" behavior of our Springboro Education Association officers and the SURE group and NFSS union activists, I am sure that to the SEA, Tammy Grisby is the best "FIT" with the union troops! She has marched to the beat of the SEA Tax and Spend failed agenda since the days of Baker/Dettwiller oppressive rule. Like all good little union soldiers who march ONLY to the beat of "drumming up increased pay for union teachers, Springboro resident Tammy Grigsby has done her job well for the SEA and of course, she now expects her payback. But as for as being the best teacher that our school district can hire...? What a Joke!
Tammy Grigsby is just as UNFIT to be in our children's classrooms as Malone-Stuckey-Andeerson is UNFIT to sit in the board room of elected officials in our schools and community.
It is recognized that some have very strong opinions toward teachers and board members that they "personally" think are the bestest! But those union activists have to live with the reality in Springboro that some opposite opinions that are just as strong as the union "forces."
We The People

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm listening....and I am a taxpaying homeowner and voter in this school district...The ONLY ones I hear proclaiming hatred and persecution toward Springboro families (including the Kohls family) are the hostile Springboro Education Association union activists. And WOW! are they ever mean and angry! Where's the "professional" among these SEA union scum bags, that go about our community negatively indoctrinating and threatening to "cleanse" Springboro of all responsible (and very sane) citizens who refuse to bow in praise and worship of the insanely popular false god of knowledge...
who HAS BEEN a high school principal? Get Real!
We The People

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Elections come and go, but to those of us who have invested 50 or 60 years in the work place, so that we could enjoy the fruits of our labor in our own home of choice, WE are not ready to go anywhere, at the command of the Springboro Education Association and their greedy band of Malone/Maney-Acts. We do need to get down to the school board meetings and the policy committee meetings and we need to demand a good neighbor policy be adopted in this school district that explains the "distinction" between education and government schooling of unionism. Unionism is a false religion that has been established by our state laws in 1983; and Unionism --not democracy -- is our form of government in Ohio.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

KOHLS is BANKRUPT wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this author understand that Kohls is NOT accountable?! She was amazingly irresponsible with her personal finances and racked up the debt while living high on the hog. Then when the payments were due? She wasn't accountable. She said "not my fault " she loved the big house the acreage and the vacations but not enough to pay for it. In my home not paying your bills is not considered responsible. Kohls id a hypocrite!
I don't know the specific circumstances surrounding her bankruptcy, but if she is as irresponsible as you claim then how do you reconcile that irresponsibility with, as another poster listed:

-$6mm surplus
- lower P2P fees
- restored services for children
- raises for all the staff
- turned the TV cameras back on
- Zero-based budgets and efficiency plans
- Updated technology and curriculum
- Buses that run and roofs that don’t leak
- Putting children first, not SEA members
Reject Forced Unionism

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Listening to the taxpayers? There are only about 400 of you union activists for SURE and NFSS that are screaming for responsible spenders "cleansing" in your SEA Educational Cult (and we all suspect that about 350 of those 400 scum bags are non-professional union members employed in our Springboro Schools.)

Do You Know How Many of the SEA members, who are calling for hostile takeover of our local school government, AGAINST the will of the people, actually live in our voting district?
Did you know that Ohioans can no longer afford the high labor costs of Unionism collective bargaining; and that it is the practice of forced unionism that needs to get out of OUR town?
Did You Know that we the people strongly believe that NO ONE should be FORCED to pay tribute to a Union in order to get or keep a job?
Did you know that ONE of 427 Ohio homes are in FORECLOSURE
-according to recent WDTN TV News?-
Did you know that big labor's power of forced unionism has crippled America's competitive edge; FORCED countless companies overseas; and polluted our political process for nearly half a century. What is the VALUE of that rotten common core of INDECENCY and total disregard to the dignity of the human spirit?
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You mean a non bitter common sense glass is half full type?
<quoted text>Let me break down one, specific issue for you:
Kelly Kohls put her own political opinions and preferences ahead of hiring the most qualified teacher who would deliver the best education to our kids.

Break it down? Lol. Can you quantify "most qualified”? And what was "political" about her 1 in 5 opinion in this one hiring?
<quoted text>Now how is that a "children first" approach?
It's a labor issue between mgt and the union But I find it odd that a teacher that has been very vocal in her disdain for this BOE, and the direction she believes the district is going, and where she believes the best and brighest are "leaving in droves", is suing to work here. She is teaching in what has been described a higher paying job. But is suing to work where she feels the best and brightest are leaving. So is she not one of the best and brightest? Which way are you going to spin it today? lol
<quoted text>How is that anything put an agenda based, partisan political move?
How are Grigsby's actions anything but an agenda based partisan political move? Backed by the NFSS/SEA/Sure crowd. For the record...how is any of this a "partisan political move"? Are you trying to say Grigsby didn't get the job because she is a democrat? Lol. Do you even understand the buzz words you’ve been told to use?
<quoted text>Not to mention it is illegal,
That will be for the court to decide. IMHO, Kelly and the district will win this hands down. But you'd have to be blind, befuddled and bewildered if you don't think this entire suit is a vindictive agenda driven action by Grigsby and the NFSS/SEA/SURE patrons. Pot meets Kettle.
<quoted text>and now this teaching candidate is suing the district, and with the damning evidence in her favor any lawyer worth the paper their degree is printed on will walk out of court with a big settlement from the schools.
Wanna bet? I'll give ya 10-1 odds. Here is a question for ya. Am I wrong to say that YOU want Grigsby to win and cost the district a big settlement? Are YOU that vindictive and agenda driven? There are so many other issues you could take a stand on that would actually help the district…but YOUR Anti-Kohls agenda has, in certain ways, turned you against the kids, the community and the district…well done!
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Oh, and guess what - who do you think is going to pay for that big settlement? US! The taxpayers! Paying for Kelly Kohls personal vendetta against a fellow neighbor. Why? Because she has a political agenda and sees no problem advancing it from her bully pulpit.
You guys have been using bullying tactics to try and advance YOUR agenda since the day she was elected. Now you are trying to rationalize your bitterness down to one hiring of one teacher that was very vocal in her distain for her bosses. Why do you constantly say that Kohls has an agenda…but never actually define what it is…but don’t see that YOU have an agenda, bitter as it is, that is very visible to the rest of the community?
<quoted text>Oh, and the best part - Kelly wont even pay for it as a taxpayer, because she has a history of declaring bankruptcy and walking away every few years, and because of that she now cannot get credit, so she is forever condemned to be a renter, and therefore she doesn't pay a dime of property taxes!
WOW...YOU are one bitter woman. Perhaps you should check in to attending one of the many local churches in the area. Perhaps Lisa Babb can take you under her wing and show you how to be a more charitable neighbor…lmbo. Oh never mind, wasn’t it her pastor that dressed her down about keeping her politics out of the church? The funny thing is...Your hypocrisy is showing again. Where was your venom when the likes of Colston, Anderson, Ellis, Anderson, and Detwiller were part of this district? ALL of which have had similar circumstances and worse. I bet you were one of the few that stood and applauded like crazy when Colston stood at a BOE meeting screaming at the members, all the while he wasn’t paying his taxes or meeting his monthly mortgage payments. I believe his heatherwood home is sitting empty now. Or did you vote for Ellis when she had listed over $100,000 in outstanding students loans in her bankruptcy? STUDENT LOANS? She wants the education, just doesn’t want to pay for it. Or Detwiller, as our treasurer, was in and out of foreclosure numerous times. Sad times for all these community members….but YOU ignored them to because their situations did not fit YOUR agenda. I’d say get of your hypocritical high horse and take a look at yourself in the mirror. Like what you see? See any agenda driven motives staring back at you? I’d hate to be as bitter as you…pretty dang sad really.
<quoted text>Pretty sweet deal, I'd say. Until the public gets wind and the concerned taxpayers vote Kelly Kohls out of office on November 5, 2013.
My guess is she won’t run again and never intended to, but she has had you losing sleep over it for years…lol. My hope is she’ll be taking her fantastic success here in our district and moving it on the state level….I wish her the best of luck.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Reject Forced Unionism wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that big labor's power of forced unionism has crippled America's competitive edge; FORCED countless companies overseas; and polluted our political process for nearly half a century. What is the VALUE of that rotten common core of INDECENCY and total disregard to the dignity of the human spirit?
Just ask Detroit!

the parasite eventually outgrows its host...
Twp resident

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

<quoted text>
You are a sick, sick person to think Sonny Thomas has any place in civilized society much less the board of education.
Kelly Kohls and her radical right tea party nutjobs need to find another community to pollute with their nonsense, drama, and lies. Springboro is fed up, and this November, we are kicking her out to the cold, dark curb. The time where our children are ashamed to say they are from Springboro is coming to an end. Soon Panther Pride will abound with the election of Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson.
Finally time for common sense, practical working people to join the ranks of the BOE. Malone has dedicated his life to education and has risen through the ranks to be one of the most respected high school principals in the school's history. Stuckey has educated two generations of our children. Anderson has reached out to countless families in their time of need and has been a staple in this community for decades. All three have something Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni lack - experience in education.
Well, and common sense. Decency. Respect for our community. The interests of our children at heart. Fiscal responsibility. Most importantly, come November, overwhelming community support.
The era of board presidents that can't keep their personal finances in check is over. Our community expects more from our leadership. The days of using an elected position to promote radical views all over the state are over. The days of Springboro schools being in the headlines, not for "Excellent with Distinction", but for strike threats, controversial religious issues, politically motivated and illegal hiring decisions, booster scandals, guns in our elementary schools, and the like are over.
Kelly Kohls, we've had enough. Put in your petition if you so please. Choose to abstain if you so please. At any rate, I can say with confidence that you will be defeated on November 5, 2013.
Neighbors, it is time to restore the Panther Pride this community is so well known for. As your kids head back to school, rest assured that by the time the leaves start to fall they will have a school board that respects them, respects their teachers and staff, and understands that our children deserve better here in Springboro.
So, you ask, what has Kelly Kohls done that is so wrong? I suggest you visit this page and just scroll down:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/news/local/c...
There are hundreds of great things that happen in this community every day, but what are we known for? For Kelly Kohls' self-centered idiocy. It's time for that to end!
KELLY KOHLS MUST GO!!
Well quite obviously your biggest mistake is paying hard earned money for a subscription to the Dayton Daily News.

"Our children are ashamed to say they're from Springboro"
Without a doubt this is the most creative but distorted piece of local liberal propaganda I've read in a while.
Twp resident

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is she won’t run again and never intended to, but she has had you losing sleep over it for years…lol. My hope is she’ll be taking her fantastic success here in our district and moving it on the state level….I wish her the best of luck.
P minus 27.
You're correct.
Dr. Kelly Kohls is not running.
Kohls will be shifting her efforts toward education reform at the state level especially thru OSBLC. However at the same time Kohls has no plans to leave district politics.
If a future board should revert to policies amounting to anything less than placing our Children's needs First, you can bet Dr. Kelly Kohls will be front and center at board meetings to fight for what's best for our children.
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Well quite obviously your biggest mistake is paying hard earned money for a subscription to the Dayton Daily News.
"Our children are ashamed to say they're from Springboro"
Without a doubt this is the most creative but distorted piece of local liberal propaganda I've read in a while.
I know...really? I literally laughed out loud when I read that. This person must have never been to a home football game where the place is standing room only, packed with kids wearing Boro gear, faces painted blue and white, cheering etc. Or a home basketball game where you can't hardly get into the gym beacuse of the kids and their "Panther Pride" screaming from the rafters and out into the parking lot.

But hey if she makes herself feel better by spewing crap that has no basis in fact and repeating it so often that she begins to believe it as she sits at home stewing in her own juices about Kelly Kohls who are we to argue? The sad things is she prolly has kids and "indoctrinates" them with her petty delusions of granduer, and they prolly get to stay home instead of taking part in the Friday nites under the lights filled with kids taht are proud to be from Springboro and are proud to show their Panther Pride daily.
Rabid

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

You all need rabies shots...Big Red is gonna lose...your posts are meaner and crazier each day. The Republicans, democrats, current 18 yo students and alums are taking care of this election. The first of three to fall...calm down, you are losing the 10 votes you have!!
Twp resident

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Rabid wrote:
You all need rabies shots...Big Red is gonna lose...your posts are meaner and crazier each day. The Republicans, democrats, current 18 yo students and alums are taking care of this election. The first of three to fall...calm down, you are losing the 10 votes you have!!
I'm thinking one of the bars across from Lexis Nexis is serving up a number of cocktails with lunch.
Brain Drain Alert

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Rabid wrote:
tee hee hee.....18 yo students...??

Oops! Ron's Kids "on the prowl again" all buzzed up with sugary smiles from that sweet old insanely popular "has been a high school principal!" Grab that flag of Excellence Illusion off that school building wall and join the union forces to beat down those rabid rebels! Glory, Glory! Them dry old bones of old man malone done gonna rise again! Yo!
Lurker

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

So, Dr Malone got three standing ovations at graduation when introduced. The board got deafening silence.
Inquiring minds

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Who is Kolton Vaughn?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,881 - 25,900 of31,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) 48 min Janet Harrison 10
Dennis Gannon, repeat felon 49 min Janet Harrison 1
Why can't we post photos any more? 51 min Janet Harrison 2
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 28,468
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 10 hr julian 39
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
poor dogs 17 hr Butterscotch Interior 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE