Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31934 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

poundsand

Dayton, OH

#26371 Aug 7, 2013
Reject Forced Unionism wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that big labor's power of forced unionism has crippled America's competitive edge; FORCED countless companies overseas; and polluted our political process for nearly half a century. What is the VALUE of that rotten common core of INDECENCY and total disregard to the dignity of the human spirit?
Just ask Detroit!

the parasite eventually outgrows its host...
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#26372 Aug 7, 2013
Time For Kelly To Go wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick, sick person to think Sonny Thomas has any place in civilized society much less the board of education.
Kelly Kohls and her radical right tea party nutjobs need to find another community to pollute with their nonsense, drama, and lies. Springboro is fed up, and this November, we are kicking her out to the cold, dark curb. The time where our children are ashamed to say they are from Springboro is coming to an end. Soon Panther Pride will abound with the election of Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson.
Finally time for common sense, practical working people to join the ranks of the BOE. Malone has dedicated his life to education and has risen through the ranks to be one of the most respected high school principals in the school's history. Stuckey has educated two generations of our children. Anderson has reached out to countless families in their time of need and has been a staple in this community for decades. All three have something Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni lack - experience in education.
Well, and common sense. Decency. Respect for our community. The interests of our children at heart. Fiscal responsibility. Most importantly, come November, overwhelming community support.
The era of board presidents that can't keep their personal finances in check is over. Our community expects more from our leadership. The days of using an elected position to promote radical views all over the state are over. The days of Springboro schools being in the headlines, not for "Excellent with Distinction", but for strike threats, controversial religious issues, politically motivated and illegal hiring decisions, booster scandals, guns in our elementary schools, and the like are over.
Kelly Kohls, we've had enough. Put in your petition if you so please. Choose to abstain if you so please. At any rate, I can say with confidence that you will be defeated on November 5, 2013.
Neighbors, it is time to restore the Panther Pride this community is so well known for. As your kids head back to school, rest assured that by the time the leaves start to fall they will have a school board that respects them, respects their teachers and staff, and understands that our children deserve better here in Springboro.
So, you ask, what has Kelly Kohls done that is so wrong? I suggest you visit this page and just scroll down:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/news/local/c...
There are hundreds of great things that happen in this community every day, but what are we known for? For Kelly Kohls' self-centered idiocy. It's time for that to end!
KELLY KOHLS MUST GO!!
Well quite obviously your biggest mistake is paying hard earned money for a subscription to the Dayton Daily News.

"Our children are ashamed to say they're from Springboro"
Without a doubt this is the most creative but distorted piece of local liberal propaganda I've read in a while.
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#26373 Aug 7, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is she won’t run again and never intended to, but she has had you losing sleep over it for years…lol. My hope is she’ll be taking her fantastic success here in our district and moving it on the state level….I wish her the best of luck.
P minus 27.
You're correct.
Dr. Kelly Kohls is not running.
Kohls will be shifting her efforts toward education reform at the state level especially thru OSBLC. However at the same time Kohls has no plans to leave district politics.
If a future board should revert to policies amounting to anything less than placing our Children's needs First, you can bet Dr. Kelly Kohls will be front and center at board meetings to fight for what's best for our children.
Heart Burn

Atlanta, GA

#26374 Aug 7, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Well quite obviously your biggest mistake is paying hard earned money for a subscription to the Dayton Daily News.
"Our children are ashamed to say they're from Springboro"
Without a doubt this is the most creative but distorted piece of local liberal propaganda I've read in a while.
I know...really? I literally laughed out loud when I read that. This person must have never been to a home football game where the place is standing room only, packed with kids wearing Boro gear, faces painted blue and white, cheering etc. Or a home basketball game where you can't hardly get into the gym beacuse of the kids and their "Panther Pride" screaming from the rafters and out into the parking lot.

But hey if she makes herself feel better by spewing crap that has no basis in fact and repeating it so often that she begins to believe it as she sits at home stewing in her own juices about Kelly Kohls who are we to argue? The sad things is she prolly has kids and "indoctrinates" them with her petty delusions of granduer, and they prolly get to stay home instead of taking part in the Friday nites under the lights filled with kids taht are proud to be from Springboro and are proud to show their Panther Pride daily.
Rabid

Cleveland, OH

#26375 Aug 7, 2013
You all need rabies shots...Big Red is gonna lose...your posts are meaner and crazier each day. The Republicans, democrats, current 18 yo students and alums are taking care of this election. The first of three to fall...calm down, you are losing the 10 votes you have!!
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#26376 Aug 7, 2013
Rabid wrote:
You all need rabies shots...Big Red is gonna lose...your posts are meaner and crazier each day. The Republicans, democrats, current 18 yo students and alums are taking care of this election. The first of three to fall...calm down, you are losing the 10 votes you have!!
I'm thinking one of the bars across from Lexis Nexis is serving up a number of cocktails with lunch.
Brain Drain Alert

Cincinnati, OH

#26377 Aug 7, 2013
Rabid wrote:
tee hee hee.....18 yo students...??

Oops! Ron's Kids "on the prowl again" all buzzed up with sugary smiles from that sweet old insanely popular "has been a high school principal!" Grab that flag of Excellence Illusion off that school building wall and join the union forces to beat down those rabid rebels! Glory, Glory! Them dry old bones of old man malone done gonna rise again! Yo!
Lurker

Englewood, OH

#26378 Aug 7, 2013
So, Dr Malone got three standing ovations at graduation when introduced. The board got deafening silence.
Inquiring minds

Springfield, OH

#26379 Aug 7, 2013
Who is Kolton Vaughn?
Yo Students

Cincinnati, OH

#26380 Aug 7, 2013
Brain Drain Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
tee hee hee.....18 yo students...??
Oops! Ron's Kids "on the prowl again" all buzzed up with sugary smiles from that sweet old insanely popular "has been a high school principal!" Grab that flag of Excellence Illusion off that school building wall and join the union forces to beat down those rabid rebels! Glory, Glory! Them dry old bones of old man malone done gonna rise again! Yo!
Yo students done puffed up old man malone at dey graduation; proving that old man malone is a BIG man in the tunnel vision of little yo students; but keep in mind that the broader vision of all school district voters don't praise and worship the tired old man the way Yo students do.
Yo Students

Cincinnati, OH

#26381 Aug 7, 2013
Lurker wrote:
So, Dr Malone got three standing ovations at graduation when introduced. The board got deafening silence.
Yo Students didn't realize that those three standing ovations were for celebration of "a deal is a deal" and finally our has been principal is gone!

For SURE - the board members and their supporters will not be ignored at the polls in November.
Worth Repeating

Cincinnati, OH

#26382 Aug 7, 2013
Reject Forced Unionism wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to the taxpayers? There are only about 400 of you union activists for SURE and NFSS that are screaming for responsible spenders "cleansing" in your SEA Educational Cult (and we all suspect that about 350 of those 400 scum bags are non-professional union members employed in our Springboro Schools.)
Do You Know How Many of the SEA members, who are calling for hostile takeover of our local school government, AGAINST the will of the people, actually live in our voting district?
Did you know that Ohioans can no longer afford the high labor costs of Unionism collective bargaining; and that it is the practice of forced unionism that needs to get out of OUR town?
Did You Know that we the people strongly believe that NO ONE should be FORCED to pay tribute to a Union in order to get or keep a job?
Did you know that ONE of 427 Ohio homes are in FORECLOSURE
-according to recent WDTN TV News?-
Did you know that big labor's power of forced unionism has crippled America's competitive edge; FORCED countless companies overseas; and polluted our political process for nearly half a century. What is the VALUE of that rotten common core of INDECENCY and total disregard to the dignity of the human spirit?
No More Malone Applause Applause of costly Maney Acts at the expense of our children's quality education! Just say NO to Malone-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb-B elanger chidr-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb-Be langer=-
Listen Up

Cincinnati, OH

#26383 Aug 7, 2013
Lurker wrote:
Life Is Good... in Springboro (including throughout our K-12 public schools) but life doesn't begin and end inside the doors of our pubic schools with a union teacher in every classroom. And there is VALUE in investing our money in life's essentials (including schooling our children); but schooling our children is not the only investment VALUE of our money and time that is educational.

"Our leaders must remember that education doesn't begin with some isolated bureaucrat in Washington. It doesn't even begin with state or local officials. Education begins in the home."
-Ronald Reagan
Really

Dayton, OH

#26384 Aug 7, 2013
Listen Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Life Is Good... in Springboro (including throughout our K-12 public schools) but life doesn't begin and end inside the doors of our pubic schools with a union teacher in every classroom. And there is VALUE in investing our money in life's essentials (including schooling our children); but schooling our children is not the only investment VALUE of our money and time that is educational.
"Our leaders must remember that education doesn't begin with some isolated bureaucrat in Washington. It doesn't even begin with state or local officials. Education begins in the home."
-Ronald Reagan
"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan

"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed." - Ronald Reagan

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

"bawitdabadabangadangdigg ydiggydiggysaidtheboogysaidupj umptheboogy" - Kid Rock

Really.....
Heart Burn

Atlanta, GA

#26385 Aug 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed." - Ronald Reagan
"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan
"bawitdabadabangadangdigg ydiggydiggysaidtheboogysaidupj umptheboogy" - Kid Rock
Really.....
Still deflecting...well done.

"You ain't never met a mother $*&@*% quite like me." - Kid Rock

See at Riverbend on the 28th?
Tell It Like It Is

Cincinnati, OH

#26386 Aug 7, 2013
Lurker wrote:
Dr. Malone is an embarrassment to our Springboro schools and community. People in this school district should ask themselves if this non-professional influence of poor citizenship is worth the investment of our school tax dollars. Parents should have more freedom in school choice; other than indoctrination of praise and worship of the false gods of knowledge of the Springboro Education Association.

Government Schooling happens in the public school classroom, with a union teacher for every child, but our children's education is not limited to what they learn within the doors of our tax-payer funded school facilities.

Schooling is not a family activity, but education can be. Many lessons about life can be learned during family activities. Our children's education includes what is learned from people, places, and circumstances.

"Wouldn't it be better for the human spirit and for the soul of this nation to encourage people to accept more responsibility to care for each other rather than leaving those tasks to paid bureaucrats?" - Ronald Reagan
Yo Students

Cincinnati, OH

#26387 Aug 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.....
Yo Students be jamming with old man malone down in the boro, where ignorance is bliss! Yo man is insanely popular! But will taxpayers continue to pick up the bill for old man malone and the stink that he adds to our excellent schools of distinction?
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#26388 Aug 7, 2013
Time For Kelly To Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon Panther Pride will abound with the election of Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson. Anderson has reached out to countless families in their time of need and has been a staple in this community for decades.
What did you post? Scott Anderson has been a STAPLE in this community for decades?

You're not incorrect.

In 2008 in order to differentiate his BOE campaign from that of longterm Baker-ite Ira Thomsen, Scott Anderson STAPLED himself directly onto the coattails of then fellow newcomer Dr. Kelly Kohls.

We all know the REST of this story.

Anderson wins a BOE seat by running as a reformist them almost immediately turns an 180 degree about face and begins kissing the collective heiney of the SEA. Andersons last BOE tenure comes crashing to the ground after the Malone media cluster fudge. Anderson didn't hesitate to throw what constituents he had left under the bus. Anderson's cowardice by shedding his board seat left Don Miller hanging like a loose shingle flailing in the wind. This community needs Scott Anderson back on the Springboro Board of Education every bit as much as much as it needs an F5 tornado.

Heart Burn

Atlanta, GA

#26389 Aug 7, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you post? Scott Anderson has been a STAPLE in this community for decades?
You're not incorrect.
In 2008 in order to differentiate his BOE campaign from that of longterm Baker-ite Ira Thomsen, Scott Anderson STAPLED himself directly onto the coattails of then fellow newcomer Dr. Kelly Kohls.
We all know the REST of this story.
Anderson wins a BOE seat by running as a reformist them almost immediately turns an 180 degree about face and begins kissing the collective heiney of the SEA. Andersons last BOE tenure comes crashing to the ground after the Malone media cluster fudge. Anderson didn't hesitate to throw what constituents he had left under the bus. Anderson's cowardice by shedding his board seat left Don Miller hanging like a loose shingle flailing in the wind. This community needs Scott Anderson back on the Springboro Board of Education every bit as much as much as it needs an F5 tornado.
Pssst....Charles Anderson, the funeral director, not Scott Anderson is running in November. ;-D
Time For Kelly To Go

Englewood, OH

#26390 Aug 7, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
P minus 27.
You're correct.
Dr. Kelly Kohls is not running.
Good riddance!! Don't let the door hit that big behind on the way out!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana Governor Mike Dunce for veep? 14 min John Kerry 6
Save Mother Earth! 15 min John Kerry 9
Is Winnie "Special" 7 hr Curious 1
News Grand jury clears police in Wal-Mart shooting (Sep '14) Thu Walmart shopper 9
News Ohio police to consider charges in Xenia woman'... (Apr '10) Jul 20 Adultery Destroys 6
Raise for City Employees Jul 20 No Raise 2
what year did Xenia go bad? (May '10) Jun '16 Ordell Robbie 12

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages