Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,305

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
For Real

Englewood, OH

#25938 Jul 21, 2013
For Sure wrote:
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think Kelly Kohls would have more to do than sit around on Topix defending her name all day. One thought would be to write the checks for her mortgage and her other various bills would be a start. Perhaps that would avoid another foreclosure and bankruptcy default of over $900,000. It would appear that irresponsible spending and lack of personal discipline would not be an example we would want at the helm of our board.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/loca ...
things that are non of your business, you could focus on your own character and try to think of positive things for which YOU can give thanks and praise! Here's how it works! The world isn't especially concerned with the petty things that you are unhappy about, as much as you would like it to be. Most of us "grown-ups" are well aware of this fact. So when you complain about things in Kelly Kohls' life that aren't going your way, you are only annoying those around you, and darkening further your own foul mood. The more you whine and criticize Springboro parent, Kelly Kohls, the smaller and more unpleasant you appear to be.
Take a minute to think on the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson: "People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."
For S-U-R-E I am thankful that come November 5th we will no longer have to worry about our religious fanatic, bankrupt, attention monger Kelly Kohls at the helm of our board of education. For S-U-R-E it is time for the common sense team of Malone and Stuckey, who both have real experience in education, to come in and get the district back on course and back out of the constant headlines.

My opinion of the world and my confession of character are bright, dear neighbors, as I am thrilled at the thought of a candidate running for BOE that Kelly Kohls won't stand a chance against. Soon, soon enough dear neighbors, we shall be liberated of this tea party, anti-family agenda in our school district.

Rejoice!
Brain Drain Alert

Piqua, OH

#25939 Jul 21, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
For S-U-R-E I am thankful that come November 5th we will no longer have to worry about our religious fanatic, bankrupt, attention monger Kelly Kohls at the helm of our board of education. For S-U-R-E it is time for the common sense team of Malone and Stuckey, who both have real experience in education, to come in and get the district back on course and back out of the constant headlines.
My opinion of the world and my confession of character are bright, dear neighbors, as I am thrilled at the thought of a candidate running for BOE that Kelly Kohls won't stand a chance against. Soon, soon enough dear neighbors, we shall be liberated of this tea party, anti-family agenda in our school district.
Rejoice!
Ignorance is Bliss! Enjoy Your Threesome -- Malone/Stuckey/Babb!
For Real

Englewood, OH

#25940 Jul 21, 2013
Brain Drain Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is Bliss! Enjoy Your Threesome -- Malone/Stuckey/Babb!
Is Babb running for sure? I had heard she may be interested, but didn't know if it had been confirmed. I was more thinking Malone, Stuckey, and Grigsby.

Heck...we may only need two. Once Kohls is gone Rigano will simply lay there limp at the head table until someone can figure out how Kohls was able to slide her hand up his back and make him talk like a puppet...
Run Babbsey Run

Piqua, OH

#25941 Jul 21, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Babb running for sure? I had heard she may be interested, but didn't know if it had been confirmed. I was more thinking Malone, Stuckey, and Grigsby.
Heck...we may only need two. Once Kohls is gone Rigano will simply lay there limp at the head table until someone can figure out how Kohls was able to slide her hand up his back and make him talk like a puppet...
Babbsey is off and running for S-U-R-E! but where's the education in that air head? Babbsey's Maney-Acts Performances only consist of three parroted words: Teachers Want More! Teachers Want More!
Teachers Want More!
Point Counterpoint

Girard, OH

#25942 Jul 21, 2013
Point.....NFSS.....7/20/13

Neighbors for Springboro Schools has been quietly monitoring the renewal levy situation for some time and now feels compelled to speak out. Feel free to share this message and let our Board of Education know if you, too, question the sudden and perhaps politically motivated decision to reduce the upcoming renewal levy from $9.2 to $7.9 million, as we have confirmed that there's still time for the Board to move forward with the original levy resolution instead. Why introduce instability in school funding by undercutting a steady and reliable income source and relying on highly unpredictable ones? Why oppose the superintendent, who has publicly stated that the full renewal levy amount is needed? Why place the district at high risk of needing an emergency levy in the near future? Why bring the district to the brink of a teachers' strike by assuming a hard line on salaries and benefits, only to indicate as soon as agreement is reached that there’s flexibility in the budget after all??

Counterpoint....(Part I....Mr. David Petroni....7/16/13

With the first day of school upon us in late August, we enter into the comfortable routines of a new school year. Each year begins with the hope and prayer of a fresh beginning on both sides of the fence, teachers praying for well-behaved students and children fervently praying for “nice” teachers.

The new year also brings with it new employment contracts with our support staff and our teachers. Combine that with the technology plan being assembled and implemented, new buses for our children’s safety, a sustainable facilities maintenance plan, a tax break for our taxpayers, and our district is in an entirely different situation from recent years when wave after wave of levy campaigns sought to raise taxes.

Circumstances may change; however, if we maintain our fiscal conservative spending patterns and husband our resources wisely, no new taxes are projected.

My place at the table is to represent the community—the taxpayer, the landowner, the voter. My fiduciary duty is also to this institution. It is important to remember I represent the voice of those who pay for our local schools. Tonight, we step forward for our teachers and our community. In doing so, we are demonstrating that as our voices come together we can write a single, better, unified story. It is not a story of the past, always disregarding the needs of the district. It is not a story of teachers and staff holding out for more. It is not a story of higher taxes (in fact, just the opposite). This is a story where everyone wins.

Although we occasionally may disagree with the means to an end, the final goal is the same for all involved: a better education for our children.

Through Children First Budgeting, zero based budgets, sound leadership, plans that prioritize educational needs, infrastructure and our staff, it is possible and now proven that we can live within our means. These phrases imply debt or sacrifice, but that is not the case. Not only have we proven that we can live within our means, but now every stakeholder in this district—our students and families, our staff and teachers, and our taxpayers–will benefit from this board’s leadership.

First, our students benefit as we direct funds to textbooks, curriculum, new buses, technology, and we dedicate attention to supports for college and career—STEM, PSEO, AP courses and more.

(cont.)

comments? http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th...
Grapevine

Piqua, OH

#25943 Jul 21, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it that Babb is so Vain that she never has acknowledged that the people rejected her in November 2011! She just added all the union voter to her name and went to the board meeting and started bullying the winning board representatives! How's that for being Proficient in Malony Math?
Winning Agenda

Piqua, OH

#25944 Jul 21, 2013

With the first day of school upon us in late August, we enter into the comfortable routines of a new school year. Each year begins with the hope and prayer of a fresh beginning on both sides of the fence, teachers praying for well-behaved students and children fervently praying for “nice” teachers.

The new year also brings with it new employment contracts with our support staff and our teachers. Combine that with the technology plan being assembled and implemented, new buses for our children’s safety, a sustainable facilities maintenance plan, a tax break for our taxpayers, and our district is in an entirely different situation from recent years when wave after wave of levy campaigns sought to raise taxes.

Circumstances may change; however, if we maintain our fiscal conservative spending patterns and husband our resources wisely, no new taxes are projected.

My place at the table is to represent the community—the taxpayer, the landowner, the voter. My fiduciary duty is also to this institution. It is important to remember I represent the voice of those who pay for our local schools. Tonight, we step forward for our teachers and our community. In doing so, we are demonstrating that as our voices come together we can write a single, better, unified story. It is not a story of the past, always disregarding the needs of the district. It is not a story of teachers and staff holding out for more. It is not a story of higher taxes (in fact, just the opposite). This is a story where everyone wins.

Although we occasionally may disagree with the means to an end, the final goal is the same for all involved: a better education for our children.

Through Children First Budgeting, zero based budgets, sound leadership, plans that prioritize educational needs, infrastructure and our staff, it is possible and now proven that we can live within our means. These phrases imply debt or sacrifice, but that is not the case. Not only have we proven that we can live within our means, but now every stakeholder in this district—our students and families, our staff and teachers, and our taxpayers–will benefit from this board’s leadership.

First, our students benefit as we direct funds to textbooks, curriculum, new buses, technology, and we dedicate attention to supports for college and career—STEM, PSEO, AP courses and more.

(cont.)

comments? http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th ...
________
Substance Over Symbolism - Unity Over Division -
Excellent with Distinction!

Our November 2011 School Board Elections really set the bar high for Springboro Schools students!

Stay Alert Voters! It's November 2013 and we must keep that bar high for our children first!
Point Counterpoint

Girard, OH

#25945 Jul 21, 2013
Point....NFSS....7/20/13
Neighbors for Springboro Schools has been quietly monitoring the renewal levy situation for some time and now feels compelled to speak out. Feel free to share this message and let our Board of Education know if you, too, question the sudden and perhaps politically motivated decision to reduce the upcoming renewal levy from $9.2 to $7.9 million, as we have confirmed that there's still time for the Board to move forward with the original levy resolution instead. Why introduce instability in school funding by undercutting a steady and reliable income source and relying on highly unpredictable ones? Why oppose the superintendent, who has publicly stated that the full renewal levy amount is needed? Why place the district at high risk of needing an emergency levy in the near future? Why bring the district to the brink of a teachers' strike by assuming a hard line on salaries and benefits, only to indicate as soon as agreement is reached that there’s flexibility in the budget after all?

Counterpoint (part II)....Mr. David Petroni....7/16/13

I have stated in that past and it is worth repeating, that it is IMPOSSIBLE to educate a child without skilled teachers and staff and without giving them the tools to be successful. With these new contract agreements, every teacher, every staff member, every employee, every custodian, and every bus driver of the Springboro Community City Schools will be paid more. They will be rewarded for their skills and commitment to our schools and our children.

In any negotiation, especially collective bargaining, each party must at least be willing to move forward knowing neither of us will get everything we want. I am willing to make the commitment to pay our teachers as they requested and they are willing to take reformative steps in their salary schedule and health benefits that respect the values of our entire community.

This agreement with our teachers must be more than a promise that sits on the shelf. The agreement to establish a merit / performance pay committee and diligently work with the health care committee, will dictate actions that demonstrate accountability by both sides. We all must strive with our best intentions to make sustainability the priority—to work within our current revenue rather than insist we need more.

The community can see after just 18 months that Children First Budgeting works. It is transparent and inclusive, and it drives our attention and resources toward investments in facilities, technology and teachers. It is most evident in the new contracts.

But what will be most evident to the taxpayer is lower taxes. Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer – to give back to our community by reducing their tax burden. The renewal levy on the ballot in November will be set at a lower mileage rate TO REDUCE taxes generated by that levy by nearly 15 percent.

This reduction of almost 15 percent is equal to $1,353,800 per year ($6,769,000 over 5 years) that we are giving back to our community. That’s right, every homeowner in the Springboro Community City School District will receive a raise just like our staff! Children First Budgeting makes sense and today everyone wins.

Congratulations to our board, to our central office staff, to our teachers and students, and to our community. ALL SIDE WERE HEARD - AND TE OUTCOME IS FAIR TO ALL SIDES. All have gained ground. And that success can only continue if we act in good faith to work together to put Children First.

comments?
http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th...
We Love Kelly

Piqua, OH

#25946 Jul 21, 2013
Vote For Success wrote:
<quoted text>
We will Remember in November how things used to be "left behind" for our children's classroom education by previously BOE elected officials and former school district administrators.
We have marked our calendar for Tuesday, November 5th and sending a clear message to Springboro parnts and taxpaying homeowners why we all should VOTE FOR SUCCESS and re-elect board representative, Kelly Kohls! Springboro loves our children first! We Love Kelly!
We can see no reason at all why Springboro parents and taxpaying homeowners should not vote for Kelly Kohls and Our Children First success in on November 5, 2013! What's Not To Love!
Why would anyone who cares about our children's education join the Vote for Revenge campaign of the OEA/SEA, whose only agenda is their strong opposition to our school district's new leadership and financial philosophy of "children first budgeting!"
We will Remember in November that The time has come to Support Our Success of Our Fiscally Responsible Springboro Schools Board of Education representatives. Under the leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls, our board prioritizes our Kids in every decision.
Before Dr. Kohls got on this school board, this school district projected a $30 million deficit.
Now, this school district projects a $5 million surplus, AFTER replacing many things taken from the children during the levy campaigns.
This school board has now added many curriculum and safety measures for the children of our district.(And all of this without new money out of taxpayers pockets). What Changed?
Simply put, our children first budgeting school board representatives have become much more efficient! This board is now holding people accountable and the school board and school district leaders are making ALL decisions using what is good for education and our children as our priority!
Why would any Springboro parent not say Thank You to our board representatives for putting "our children's 21st century education" FIRST?
Kids First Academic Investments -
The past five-year budget forecast did not include textbooks. This year, this school board purchased $400,000 in new textbooks for the K-5 levels, and we the board has budgeted $2 million over the next 4 years for future textbooks. Under the leadership of fiscally responsible board president, Dr. Kohls, this board has now budgeted for more materials and supplies to the classroom, more special education, and gifted services.
Our children first budgeting plan IS working!
Why would any taxpayer not support our success by voting YES for November School Renewal Levy and Vote YES for FOUR more years of successful leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls!
Thank You, Dr. Kohls, for helping our schools and community be a WAY BETTER place to live, learn, work, and Play Sports!
G-O P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!
Four More Years! Four More Years! Four More Year!
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25947 Jul 21, 2013
We Love Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Four More Years! Four More Years! Four More Year!
No doubt Kelly Kohls has about as good a chance at four more years as she does at losing 40 pounds...
Question Policy

Springboro, OH

#25948 Jul 21, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt Kelly Kohls has about as good a chance at four more years as she does at losing 40 pounds...
Childish!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25949 Jul 21, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt about it, when you have no favorable arguments for your position attach the opposition in the vilest manner possible.

Misogyny has no place in this community and offers nothing of substance that will ever aid our children.
Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#25950 Jul 21, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
"As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might." (Marian Anderson)

When we try to keep others down, we also keep ourselves down; we become meaner and smaller than our best selves. Often, others see our meanness for what it is, and we lose out on opportunities we might otherwise have had.
Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#25951 Jul 21, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejoice!
"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."
(Audrey Hepburn)

No matter how low you go, For Real, there will always be a place at the table for you in the board room! As good neighbors, we will continue in the same direction, doing what's right for our school children and community, liberating ourselves of this greed for money and power, and focusing on what's best for our children first. We all are blessed by our great freedom of choice, and
For Real, if you choose to be bad as can be, that doesn't take away from Kelly, nor me, to keep right on being as good as we can be.
Straight to the Point

Piqua, OH

#25952 Jul 21, 2013
Point Counterpoint wrote:
Point.....NFSS.....7/20/13
Neighbors for Springboro Schools has been quietly monitoring the renewal levy situation for some time and now feels compelled to speak out. Feel free to share this message and let our Board of Education know if you, too, question the sudden and perhaps politically motivated decision to reduce the upcoming renewal levy from $9.2 to $7.9 million, as we have confirmed that there's still time for the Board to move forward with the original levy resolution instead. Why introduce instability in school funding by undercutting a steady and reliable income source and relying on highly unpredictable ones? Why oppose the superintendent, who has publicly stated that the full renewal levy amount is needed? Why place the district at high risk of needing an emergency levy in the near future? Why bring the district to the brink of a teachers' strike by assuming a hard line on salaries and benefits, only to indicate as soon as agreement is reached that there’s flexibility in the budget after all??
(cont.)
comments? http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th...
I'm just not seeing a thing that needs to be questioned, but lots to be celebrated. So in my efforts to preserve Unity with the NFSS, I'll just say to the Board "Thanks for the great pay increases for teachers and the tax reduction on the levy!
We Love Kelly

Piqua, OH

#25953 Jul 21, 2013
Vote For Success wrote:
<quoted text>
We will Remember in November how things used to be "left behind" for our children's classroom education by previously BOE elected officials and former school district administrators.
We have marked our calendar for Tuesday, November 5th and sending a clear message to Springboro parnts and taxpaying homeowners why we all should VOTE FOR SUCCESS and re-elect board representative, Kelly Kohls! Springboro loves our children first! We Love Kelly!
We can see no reason at all why Springboro parents and taxpaying homeowners should not vote for Kelly Kohls and Our Children First success in on November 5, 2013! What's Not To Love!
Why would anyone who cares about our children's education join the Vote for Revenge campaign of the OEA/SEA, whose only agenda is their strong opposition to our school district's new leadership and financial philosophy of "children first budgeting!"
We will Remember in November that The time has come to Support Our Success of Our Fiscally Responsible Springboro Schools Board of Education representatives. Under the leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls, our board prioritizes our Kids in every decision.
Before Dr. Kohls got on this school board, this school district projected a $30 million deficit.
Now, this school district projects a $5 million surplus, AFTER replacing many things taken from the children during the levy campaigns.
This school board has now added many curriculum and safety measures for the children of our district.(And all of this without new money out of taxpayers pockets). What Changed?
Simply put, our children first budgeting school board representatives have become much more efficient! This board is now holding people accountable and the school board and school district leaders are making ALL decisions using what is good for education and our children as our priority!
Why would any Springboro parent not say Thank You to our board representatives for putting "our children's 21st century education" FIRST?
Kids First Academic Investments -
The past five-year budget forecast did not include textbooks. This year, this school board purchased $400,000 in new textbooks for the K-5 levels, and we the board has budgeted $2 million over the next 4 years for future textbooks. Under the leadership of fiscally responsible board president, Dr. Kohls, this board has now budgeted for more materials and supplies to the classroom, more special education, and gifted services.
Our children first budgeting plan IS working!
Why would any taxpayer not support our success by voting YES for November School Renewal Levy and Vote YES for FOUR more years of successful leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls!
Thank You, Dr. Kohls, for helping our schools and community be a WAY BETTER place to live, learn, work, and Play Sports!
G-O P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!

Four More Years!Four More Years!Four More Years!
Healthy Choice

Englewood, OH

#25954 Jul 22, 2013
Healthy Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."
(Audrey Hepburn)
No matter how low you go, For Real, there will always be a place at the table for you in the board room! As good neighbors, we will continue in the same direction, doing what's right for our school children and community, liberating ourselves of this greed for money and power, and focusing on what's best for our children first. We all are blessed by our great freedom of choice, and
For Real, if you choose to be bad as can be, that doesn't take away from Kelly, nor me, to keep right on being as good as we can be.
How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what comes naturally. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what comes naturally. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well there's a principle of nature (principle of nature) That almost every creature knows. Called survival of the fittest (survival of the fittest) And check it this is how it goes. The animal that eats gotta scratch and fight and claw and bite and punch. And the animal that doesn't, well the animal that doesn't winds up someone else's lu-lu-lu-lu-lunch (munch, munch, munch, munch, munch) I'm just sayin'. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what comes naturally. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? There's a principle in business (principle in business) That everybody knows is sound. It says the people with the money (people with the money)[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/how-bad-can-i-be-l... ] Make this ever-loving world go 'round So I'm biggering my company, I'm biggering my factory, I'm biggering my corporate sign. Everybody out there, take care of yours and me? I'll take care. of. Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.(shake that bottom line) Let me hear you say 'smogulous smoke'(smogulous smoke) Schloppity schlop (schloppity schlop) Complain all you want, it's never ever, ever, ever gonna stop. Come on how bad can I possibly be? How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just building an economy. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? Just look at me pettin' this puppy. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? A portion of proceeds goes to charity. How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Let's see.(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) All the customers are buying.(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) And the money's multiplying.(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) And the PR people are lying.(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) And the lawyers are denying.(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) Who cares if a few trees are dying?(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?) This is all so gratifying. How bad. How bad can this possibly be!?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25955 Jul 22, 2013
We Love Kelly wrote:
Vote For Success wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason, no reason at all to elect a person to office who will use their influence to stifle the first amendment rights of our neighbors, directing staff not to hire a qualified candidate because their political views differed:

Lawsuit: Teacher wasn't hired because of political feud
Former leader says school board president ordered him not to hire teacher

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warr...

No reason, no reason at all to elect a person to a position that is responsible for oversight of millions of dollars of our tax money when they allow corruption, embezzlement, and fraud to occur under their watch:

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/warren/spr...

No reason, no reason at all to elect a person to watch over the responsible spending of our money when they walked away from $908,110 in personal debt through bankruptcy, and then took their family of 7 on an all expenses paid vacation at an all-inclusive resort out of the country:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/loca...

No reason, no reason at all to elect a person that will allow and encourage their tea party friends to make extremely insensitive, racially charged remarks as they wave a confederate flag in our school board meeting, once again putting Springboro in the headlines and making a mockery of our district:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

No reason, no reason at all to elect a person that uses her position as a board of education member to further her interests as a tea party member and to promote her extreme version of politics within our local community and school district:

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/w...

The citizens, parents, and community of Springboro have had enough of Kelly Kohls antics, and come November 5th we shall show her the door!! This community deserves better!!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25956 Jul 22, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason, no reason at all to elect a person to office who will use their influence to stifle the first amendment rights of our neighbors, directing staff not to hire a qualified candidate because their political views differed:
Lawsuit: Teacher wasn't hired because of political feud
Former leader says school board president ordered him not to hire teacher
Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warr...
Ding Dong, Ding Dong

Anyone care to read the depositions from Mr. Lolli, Mr. Long, et. al?

Clearly stated within the confines of those statements, that were sworn under oath, the administrators we could "ill afford to lose" chose to deny Ms. Grigsby a job and then colluded with each other to make it happen.

Ms. Kohls may not have championed Ms. Grigsby, but she certainly had no control over the interview process nor the selection process. Ms. Kohls remained but one vote out of five on the board that ratifies the selections.

The guilty parties by their own admission, Mr. Lolli, Mr. Long, Mr. Renshaw, and Ms. Warner.

Whose name is conspicuously absent from the professional mugging?

Mr. Malone, the principal of the building Ms. Grigsby was attempting to enter.

People above Mr. Malone are involved, people below Mr. Malone are involved.

Where is Mr. Malone with his vaunted experience and educational credentials in the hiring of the best qualified math teacher?
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25957 Jul 22, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>

No reason, no reason at all to elect a person to a position that is responsible for oversight of millions of dollars of our tax money when they allow corruption, embezzlement, and fraud to occur under their watch:
http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/warren/spr...
Wow is this a stretch and a blatant attempt to recast history.

As a single member on the board of education your influence is limited to what you can persuade others is important.

One out of five never carries the day.

Until the arrival of Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano, there was neither the will nor the desire to get to the bottom of the pay to participate scam.

With the Budget and Finance Committee the taxpayers for the first time had the opportunity to delve into the murky waters of athletic funding in this community. What was uncovered through the diligent and persistent efforts of Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano was the massive fraud that had been ongoing for nearly two decades.

As part of the formula for deciding how much pay to participate was going to be for each athlete, an accurate accounting of the amount of monies raised by the Boosters to support our athletic programs needed to be derived.

After five months of consistent prodding by the Budget and Finance Committee in pursuing an accounting from the group, and five months of delay and excuses on why they could or would not deliver those numbers, Mr. Harves would not have surrendered the books and himself to the police.

The larger question is where was Mr. Malone during the past 12 years he was associated with the high school as principal. Mr. Malone attended every game or event that he could. Mr. Malone enjoyed good relations with all of the players involved in the programs raising money for our children. Mr. Malone could not help but notice that our concession stands did quite well at football games, and fund raisers like casino night brought in great bundles of cash. How did Mr. Malone not notice the take was light?

Working in the concession stands as a volunteer the first time I noted that the funds were handled in a haphazard manner. No one counted them, they just stuffed them into a brown paper bag and handed them off to a principal and assistant principal. When I queried them the second time they came through about where the money was going, they replied "The Boosters." Who are the Boosters I asked, they replied they did not know any names but that was to whom they gave the money. No money, from my observation, was ever counted or recorded, it was just scooped up and sent off into the night.

For 12 years that he was principal Mr. Malone observed this program and all of its shortcomings.

School Policy 6330 states

E. Advisors, coaches, or sponsors shall be selected at the direction of the Superintendent or designee and their duties shall consist of preparing the annual budget and purpose clause of their activity group; supervising the activities of their group, including preparation of fund raising potentials and maintaining group financial oversight; and such other duties as assigned by the principal or Superintendent.

F. All school sponsored athletic fund raising activities shall have proper approval by the Athletic Director, and Superintendent/Designee.

Revised 3/14/06

Who was the Athletic Director's boss at the High School? The Principal.

Who was charged with supervising the activities of these groups at the High School? The Principal

Who was the man who did not protect the students, the parents, and the taxpayers from massive fraud for during his tenure as principal?

Mr. Malone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Kfluff 19,393
How liberal ladies can save lives: 4 hr Burg Babe 4
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Thu jjsparks 8
dennis gannon (Apr '14) Thu masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) Thu masterofconcretep... 18
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) Oct 23 The Duke of Hazard 41
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) Oct 22 Tina 21
Xenia Dating
Find my Match

Xenia Jobs

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]