Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,266

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Mind Is Made Up

Englewood, OH

#25898 Jul 19, 2013
I am voting for Ron Malone and David Bowman in November. Already signed both their petitions. I've had enough of Kelly Kohls.
the rest of the story

Girard, OH

#25899 Jul 19, 2013
Brain Drain Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey all you Springboro Professional Educators.... here's a testimonial of the highly over-priced "educational product" of our
excellent with distinction Springboro schools! What a joke is Mr. Malone's influence on his special kids of unionism indoctrination!
Taxpayers Need to Get a Great Big Sign and Post PRICE REDUCED on our Springboro Schools Superintendent's office door! Why wait till November?
What is "Excellent with Distinction"?
This is a cruel, manipulative parlor game administrators and teachers play with schoolchildren in order to garner "the most state dollars".

"Hey! Kids! Have perfect attendence, and score really good grades on these tests, and Springboro Schools will retain the state of Ohio status of EXCELLENT WITH DISTINCTION for yet another year!"

(now for the "rest of the story" that almost no one ever gets to hear)
"Uh, kids?... Never mind the state of Ohio keeps lowering the bar of expectations!"
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25900 Jul 19, 2013
Mind Is Made Up wrote:
I am voting for Ron Malone and David Bowman in November. Already signed both their petitions. I've had enough of Kelly Kohls.
Good for you.

What particular part of their platform do you admire the most?
Twp resident

Girard, OH

#25901 Jul 19, 2013
Mind Is Made Up wrote:
Without a doubt David Bowman should have been a right hand guy in Obama's administration.
Bowman is a man who writes and speaks SO eloquently, but communicates next to nothing that is of practical use.
Dollars and Sense

Piqua, OH

#25902 Jul 19, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
If only an equitable intelligence system would rid us of the small but very notorious contingent of township residents such as yourself that are sub-par in terms of common sense...
And would that "equitable intelligence system" be the threesome of Malone/Stuckey/Bowman to cleanse the non-union notorious contingent of township residents, who recently had the common sense to just say No Way in May to the Malone/Bowman/Maney promotion of a CCFD 93% fire levy increase, making Township residents the highest taxed of all?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25903 Jul 19, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt David Bowman should have been a right hand guy in Obama's administration.
Bowman is a man who writes and speaks SO eloquently, but communicates next to nothing that is of practical use.
No doubt the world would certainly be a much better place without conservatives.....
Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Piqua, OH

#25904 Jul 19, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Bowman waves his victim project banner high loudly proclaiming the teachers union creed: "There is nothing sweeter than to be sympathized with!" Nobody but Bowman done knows them sacrifices that been made by them union teachers in every classroom.
Tee Hee Hee

Piqua, OH

#25905 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt the world would certainly be a much better place without conservatives.....
Without conservatives, who would you liberal free-loading union scumbags politically persecute and badge and bum and emotionally
blackmail for more money to pay public school teachers to dumb down and lower the bar on your rich kids education?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25906 Jul 19, 2013
Tee Hee Hee wrote:
<quoted text>
Without conservatives, who would you liberal free-loading union scumbags politically persecute and badge and bum and emotionally
blackmail for more money to pay public school teachers to dumb down and lower the bar on your rich kids education?
No doubt we would have a society where people pay their fair share and support those services they consume, rather than thinking that everything is free or at least subsidized by the liberals who are too compassionate to let your stupidity negatively affect the education all of the children in our community, including your own, receive from the school system.
Tee Hee Hee

Piqua, OH

#25907 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt we would have a society where people pay their fair share and support those services they consume, rather than thinking that everything is free or at least subsidized by the liberals who are too compassionate to let your stupidity negatively affect the education all of the children in our community, including your own, receive from the school system.
..ooops! looks like somebody flunked out of Principal Ron
Kindness project... Tee Hee Hee

heard that's hard to do since the Principal Ron lowered the bar for unity of all!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25908 Jul 20, 2013
Mind Is Made Up wrote:
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
What particular part of their platform do you admire the most?
Having trouble coming up with anything coherent?
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

#25909 Jul 20, 2013
Springboro voters need only to look at Ron Malone's interview in the Springboro Life magazine, School Chief Talks District, Education, to educate ourselves on school board candidate, Ron Malone's Failing Platform.
Former DDN editor, Jill Kelley, is now editor of this public cult-like indoctrination of the Springboro Education Association, and asks Mr. Malone the questions needed to prompt Mr. Malone to demonize the school board members as "trying to push him out of his job" just the way Mr. Malone demonized the school board members last March 2012 with false accusations of "trying to push him out of his job." Mr. Malone joined with his wife to falsely accuse board members in phone calls to community members, urging support for his protest against the board in his efforts to reverse the 2011 election and re-instate a pro-union BOE majority.
Since Mr. Malone failed in his March 2012 attempted take-over of our political system of free elections and the orderly transfer of government power, our high school kids and Boro Alumni have been influenced by Mr. Malone’s for political power to be turned over to the Springboro Education Association, and now we have young people proudly boasting all over town that come November, this union mob will rise again at the polls and throw out of elected office Springboro Parents who serve our schools and community on the Board of Education.

(In a recent issue of the Springboro Sun, our school superintendent speaks out to “we the people” with his statement: As for the district’s teachers, they have not received a base increase in salary in five years, according to Petrey. Springboro’s teachers have the lowest starting salary in Warren County, he said. People should ask if that is what they want for their school district, he said.)

As the campaigns for school board election and school renewal levy take center stage, now that the SEA has been granted all their demands as state-mandated by our old outdated 1983 collective bargaining laws. We the people must respect authority of the law and now submit to the oppressive unionism of the SEA contract that rules over us for Two years. But Inquiring Minds are now, asking ourselves if Education for our children’s future that’s all about more power and money invested in the Teachers Union is what we want for our school district?

(Continuing Mr. Malone’s interview in the Springboro Life, editor Jill Kelley asks the former high school principal/teachers union community activist, several questions including “What do you think of the school board’s direction?”
Mr. Malone answer includes….. The major concern I have with decisions being made out there is that the major emphasis seems to be on the physical part of education. There needs to be a re-emphasis on the value of the educator.)

Stay Alert Voters! We the people should ask if re-instating the Baker-Dettwiller good old boys policy of union solidarity education for our children’s future is what we want for our school district? Do not be deceived! That’s what our kids will be getting with Ron Malone’s failed policies….. if he is elected as our next bully in chief school board representative.
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

#25910 Jul 20, 2013
Stand Up For Kids and Send a Request to Ron Malone to Please Stand Down from your "false god of education" bully pulpit and for our children first, please withdraw your name as school board candidate.
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

#25911 Jul 20, 2013
Mr. Malone admits in his own words, in the Springboro Life interview, his recognition that his 40 years of education expertise has done the job he was called to do; but now he must pass the banner to those of the 21st century educators...
Mr. Malone has earned, and well deserves, his celebration of success and expertise, and his generous retirement. But he has no leadership expertise as a candidate for school board; and Mr. Malone does not deserve the honorary title of "our next BOE representative"...just because he is "insanely popular" in the community.
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

#25912 Jul 20, 2013
Jill Kelley asks Mr. Malone in Springboro Life interview:

Will this be yur last year at Springboro?

and the schoo chief says:

Yes. My contract is up this year, and the school board offered the same early incentive buyout they had a couple of years ago. I kind oflike the idea of going out while the hgh school is still performing at a high level; kind of like going out on top.

The district is going through a lot of internal changes, and changes at the state. I've always felt that the key to a perosn's effectiveness is how they fit within an organizational philosophy.

This changes over time. I'm not sure the fit is as good now as when I came to Springboro in 2000. My strengths and the board's expectations of my position do not match as well as I would like.
-Ron Malone
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25913 Jul 20, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
(In a recent issue of the Springboro Sun, our school superintendent speaks out to “we the people” with his statement: As for the district’s teachers, they have not received a base increase in salary in five years, according to Petrey. Springboro’s teachers have the lowest starting salary in Warren County, he said. People should ask if that is what they want for their school district, he said.)
While Mr. Petrey's statement is factually accurate in a narrow sense, the teachers in the district were afforded vehicles by which to increase their earnings. The utilization of the educational attainment program remains the sole opportunity to invest in yourself and see the rewards. In the private sector many invest in themselves for hopes of a better tomorrow. There is, however, no guarantee that your investment will be rewarded by your current or future employers. In education the investment is codified in state law, if you make the investments you will get the rewards.

The program is entirely self directed by the teachers themselves. Whether or not they choose to participate is exclusively that teachers individual decision.

The effect of the index for educators is to build automatic step increases, or increments, into the single salary schedule. Thus, for a set number of years step increases are received annually. Typically, about half of the teachers in a school district are eligible for annual step increases.

The size of step increases may be either uniform throughout the salary schedule or variable depending upon experience and academic training. Often times the size of the increment grows as experience and academic training levels increase. For instance, the state minimum salary schedule provides for 3.8 percent step increases for teachers with a bachelor’s and 4.8 percent step increases for teachers at the master’s level.

As mentioned, the state minimum salary schedule establishes automatic annual step increases of 4.8 percent for teachers with a master’s degree for the first 11 years of experience. In practice, step increases are typically higher. Eighty-three percent of salary schedules reflect step increases that are greater than 4.8 percent. On average, teachers with a master’s receive annual step increases of 5.35 percent.

Following the structure of the state minimum salary schedule, virtually all teacher salary schedules provide for annual step increases for each of the first eleven years of experience.

Annual step increases beyond eleven years are determined locally.

Please note that these people were chosen randomly because they had 5 or 6 names in a row that had been here from 2008-2012

Beimly Teresa Teacher - 3rd $64,028 in 2008 $68,680 in 2012
Bell Nancy Teacher - Intervention $43,809 in 2008 $54,091 in 2012
Bellar Leslie Teacher - PE/Health $40,329 in 2008 $51839 in 2012
Benedict Sarah Teacher - Music $43,809 in 2008 $49,744 in 2012
Benjamin Thomas Teacher - Social Studies $63,769 in 2008 $66,235 in 2012
Bennett Christine Teacher -2nd $39,482 in 2008 $49,744 in 2012

Salaries increased
Beimly 6.7%
Bell 19%
Bellar 21.8%
Benedict 12%
Benjamin 3.7%
Bennet 20.6%

Jenkins Lura Teacher - 3rd $61,955 in 2008 $66,238 in 2012
Johanson Debbie Teacher - Intervention $47,698 in 2008 $56,028 in 2012
Johnson Jennifer Guidance Counselor $50,961 in 2008 $72,720 in 2012
Jordan Stephanie Teacher - English $47,438 in 2008 $54,126 in 2012
Jung Sarah Teacher - 6th $58,325 in 2008 $62574 in 2012

Increase in Income 2008-2012
Jenkins 6.5%
Johanson 14.9%
Johnson 30%
Jordan 12.6%
Jung 6.7%

Prater Jeremy Teacher - 3rd $39,489 in 2008 $47,301 in 2012
Pritchard Amy Teacher - 4th $34,217 in 2008 $36567 in 2012
Profitt Kelley Teacher - 4th $68,435 in 2008 $71,039 in 2012
Puckett Julia Teacher - Lang.Arts $61,955 in 2008 $67,200 in 2012
Rabe Rebecca Teacher - 3rd $57,548 in 2008 $63010 in 2012

Prater 16.6%
Pritchard 6.4%
Profitt 3.6%
Puckett 7.8%
Rabe 8.7%
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25914 Jul 20, 2013
Stuckey David Teacher - Social Studies $71,780 in 2008 $72,497 in 2012
Stumpfl Amy Guidance Counselor $60,140 in 2008 $64,261 in 2012
Swanson Jeremy Teacher - Math $39,489 in 2008 $49,744 in 2012
Swope Todd Teacher - PE/Health $73,965 in 2008 $78,719 in 2012
Termuhlen Douglas Teacher - PE/Health $64,115in 2008 $66,501 in 2012

Stuckey 1%
Stumpf 6.5%
Swanson 20.7%
Swope 6%
Termuhlen 3.6%

Winter Sheryl Teacher - Social Studies $49,252 in 2008 in $55242 in 2012
Wise Michael Teacher - Science $57,548 in 2008 $59,780.in 2012
Wolfe Dennise Teacher - Spec.Ed/L $66,991 in 2008 $72,696 in 2012
Wray Molly Teacher - Health $70,336 in 2008 $72,959 in 2012
Wylie Christina Teacher - Vocal Music $68,435 in 2008 $71039 in 2012

Winter 10.9%
Wise 3.8%
Wolfe 7.9%
Wray 3.6%
Wylie 3.7%
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

#25915 Jul 20, 2013
This changes over time. I'm not sure the fit is as good now as when I came to Springboro in 2000. My strengths and the board's expectations of my position do not match as well as I would like.
-Ron Malone

It's the price all professonals pay for long-term success in our chosen career field. Our time and our youthful skills set for the future does have an expiration date as the years pass and our very own world, built by our own professional skills, changes to the point that our expertise no longer fits as well as it did in the beginning. Inquiring minds are now asking if Mr. Malone is not trying to "change the board to "FIT" Malones' expectations, from children first best interest with our projected Renewal Levy, to teachers union best interest with our projected renewal levy.
Did You Know

Piqua, OH

#25916 Jul 20, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
Jill Kelley asks Mr. Malone in Springboro Life interview:
Will this be yur last year at Springboro?
and the schoo chief says:
Yes. My contract is up this year, and the school board offered the same early incentive buyout they had a couple of years ago. I kind oflike the idea of going out while the hgh school is still performing at a high level; kind of like going out on top.
The district is going through a lot of internal changes, and changes at the state. I've always felt that the key to a perosn's effectiveness is how they fit within an organizational philosophy.
-Ron Malone
Did You Know -- That Forced Unionism is a good "Fit" for the members of the Springboro Education Associaton;

However, all Springboro parents know that Forced Unionism has no place on our children first Board of Education.

The SEA President has the skill set and expertise of collective bargaining, fighting for endless pay increases for teachers;
The BOE President has the skill set and experise of fighting for our children first.

The challenge of the BOE/SEA is to work together, but just as a coin has two sides, each side of equal value, one does not try "emphasizing" greater value of one over the other.

During the past months of negotiations; Springboro voters have seen the hostility of the SEA/union activists War of Words and disrespectful behavior against us, as the SEA has tried "taking out" the equal value of one side of the coin -- The BOE President elected by our community-wide voters.

For S-U-R-E, this extreme political activism, led by Springboro parent David Bowman's INTENT to politically and personally, publicly embarrass, humiliate, and persecute Springboro parent, Kelly Kohls, reflects badly on our schools professional educators and our community members.
This inability of our wealthy Springboro parents (who tirelessly, publicly bullied board members, all in the name of their love of pay increases for teachers) to associate their words and actions to the emotional harm caused to others, is absolutely sickening and repulsive. What hypocrities are these parents for S-U-R-E!
Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#25917 Jul 20, 2013
Did you know that good stewardship means exercising self-discipline and control over refusing to give in to getting everything we can afford?

It's true that a heart-healthy diet is a steak that is merely the size of a deck of cards; but isn't it our basic human nature to consume more of the good things we enjoy than is actually healthy, often leading to over-indulgence and even addiction to self-gratification of appetite?

Last Tuesday, our Springboro Board of Education met in Special Session to give unanimous approval of revisions to the collective bargaining agreement with the Springboro Education Association; giving our teachers the pay increases
that they wanted; but our S-U-R-E parents are now out in the community rallying against the board for allowing taxpayers opportunity to vote on the upcoming November School Renewal Levy, with no new taxes! Now our S-U-R-E parents, including David Bowman, are making their "demands" on the board members to increase the school levy taxes on all Springboro famiies!
This latest grab of SEA greed for even more than they need in taxes is more proof that over-indulgence in wealth leads further into their "tax and spend" addiction and lust for money and power; fighting against Springboro taxpayers to control both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min tranpsosition 31,022
Ranked on of the most influential bands ever, T... 1 hr Gene Autrey 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr WARRIOR 19,210
This is your lucky Monday! 20 hr masterofconcretep... 4
Charter school complaints prompt wider probe Wed Fan of Leon The Man 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Tue hitchiker 7
Community Keeps Calm Despite Questions About Wa... Tue Fan of Leon The Man 1
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••