Huber Heights needs money for SCHOOLS!!!!

Posted in the Xenia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Many are cold, Few are frozen”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 8, 2011
By Cornelius Frolik, Staff Writer
1:20 AM Saturday, January 8, 2011
HUBER HEIGHTS — Huber Heights City Schools becomes the latest Miami Valley school district to announce staff layoffs and the elimination of programs to close a projected $5 million deficit this year and $11 million in 2013.

To help close the gap, the district’s board has decided to place a five-year, 1.75 percent income tax levy on the ballot to help offset rising costs and a reduction in state funding. The board will vote on Wednesday whether to place the levy before voters in May or later.

If approved, the levy would generate about $11 million annually, and Huber Heights would join 181 of Ohio’s 613 school districts with income tax levies. About 20 area districts have an income tax levy, including Fairborn, New Lebanon, Troy, Valley View and Xenia.

“None of us want to do this, but this is what the funding situation dictates,” said Superintendent Bill Kirby.“We have to have additional revenue.”

Huber Heights will slash $3.64 million by cutting services and 46 teachers, staff members and administrators.

Location hidden

#2 Jan 8, 2011
I predict that the NEW LEVY will pass.

I have come to believe that folks whine and bitch about property taxes being the primary way schools are funded.....but don't really give a rat's behind.

Sure some are voted down, but for all the wrong reasons.

No one seems to feel that we need a new method of
FUNDING THE SCHOOLS, no seems to care that this is not just my opinion, but also the opinion of the OHIO SUPREME COURT.

So vote 'er in, who cares?

I would like to see the TEACHERS UNION handled the same way Ronald Reagan handled the Air Traffic Controllers.

The hint of a strike or a walkout and the Governor should fire the whole bunch of them. There are enough teachers waiting to get jobs that getting a NON UNION job would be fine with them.

But nothing will be done, because "bitching and moaning" is really all the voters want, not a change.
Liberal

Loveland, OH

#3 Jan 8, 2011
John Henry Holliday wrote:
I predict that the NEW LEVY will pass.
I have come to believe that folks whine and bitch about property taxes being the primary way schools are funded.....but don't really give a rat's behind.
Sure some are voted down, but for all the wrong reasons.
No one seems to feel that we need a new method of
FUNDING THE SCHOOLS, no seems to care that this is not just my opinion, but also the opinion of the OHIO SUPREME COURT.
So vote 'er in, who cares?
I would like to see the TEACHERS UNION handled the same way Ronald Reagan handled the Air Traffic Controllers.
The hint of a strike or a walkout and the Governor should fire the whole bunch of them. There are enough teachers waiting to get jobs that getting a NON UNION job would be fine with them.
But nothing will be done, because "bitching and moaning" is really all the voters want, not a change.
Maybe it's because they don't want their kids to be dropouts and pour concrete for a living?

Location hidden

#5 Jan 8, 2011
You've had the advantage of a GOOD EDUCATION, what are you doing with all that knowledge?

PS: I was never a drop out, nor did I ever pour concrete for a living. It's a good thing someone does concrete work, or many deadbeats would not have shelter.

You must be employed and making good money to look down your nose at those that do manual labor.

What is it you do again?
Toolman

Troy, OH

#6 Jan 10, 2011
Mean while Huber builds 7 new schools.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

#7 Jan 10, 2011
Toolman wrote:
Mean while Huber builds 7 new schools.
Hey dip shirt, has anybody clued you in? School building funds, and OPERATING FUNDS(yeah big words, get your mommy to help you) are 2 different coffers

Location hidden

#8 Jan 10, 2011
Bush Big Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dip shirt, has anybody clued you in? School building funds, and OPERATING FUNDS(yeah big words, get your mommy to help you) are 2 different coffers
The sad thing is this little POPPER doesn't see the connection.

Woah.....don't let him "unfriend" you!

Location hidden

#9 Jan 10, 2011
And notice that with all HIS advantages he doesn't talk much about he's done with all his education.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

#10 Jan 10, 2011
And notice that with all HIS advantages he doesn't talk much about he's done with all his education.
I haven't stolen any cameras
Conservative American

Hamilton, OH

#11 Jan 10, 2011
It irks me that they keep gunning for the homeowners. Houses prices going down but are property taxes going down? H no.
Conservative American

Hamilton, OH

#12 Jan 10, 2011
House prices

Location hidden

#13 Jan 11, 2011
Bush Big Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't stolen any cameras
But what HAVE YOU DONE?
Toolman

Troy, OH

#14 Jan 11, 2011
Harv is an expert when it comes to taxes, he even lives off of ours.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

#15 Jan 11, 2011
Toolman wrote:
Harv is an expert when it comes to taxes, he even lives off of ours.
Dennis Gannon is a felon who cost us many tax dollars when he stole a camera. Right Denny Tool?

Location hidden

#16 Jan 11, 2011
I hear so much about the advantages of his education, at least from him.

But he writes like a 3rd Grader, and behaves like one as well.

I wonder about how much education he really has.

I'm sure most kids in the School System today would not want to wind up like Big Bush, Liberal or Obama2012.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 11, 2011
Where do you live Big Old Bush?

Where do you work?
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

#19 Jan 11, 2011
Where do you live Big Old Bush?
Where do you work?
I sure as hell don't give out that information online, with STALKERS like you prowling around.

Try 819 Wilmington and see if I'm there. You did at least twice before. Moron.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 12, 2011
Oh I guess you could say where you worked.

We all had a pretty good laugh when you called Janell.

Despite what you have in your head, I am at work even as we speak now. It was tough getting out of the Plat, but I have a Job and PAY TAXES and support you.

I have no desire to come back to Dayton and 819 Wilmington is no place I'd want to live.

Never been evicted, in fact I have a great letter from my previous landlord saying what great tenants my wife and I were.

You spout lies all the time, but most folks know that you have a lot of "issues" you have to deal with.

How about this, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?

Now that wouldn't "give too much away".

See darlin', you post my address and I have never received a phone call from anyone but YOU and Alex.

Me?
I sell concrete supplies, tools, additives, sealers, reinforcement fibers, drain tile, backer rod and concrete caulks to give you an idea.

Now see, how hard was that?
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

#21 Jan 12, 2011
Oh I guess you could say where you worked.
We all had a pretty good laugh when you called Janell.
Despite what you have in your head, I am at work even as we speak now. It was tough getting out of the Plat, but I have a Job and PAY TAXES and support you.
I have no desire to come back to Dayton and 819 Wilmington is no place I'd want to live.
Never been evicted, in fact I have a great letter from my previous landlord saying what great tenants my wife and I were.
You spout lies all the time, but most folks know that you have a lot of "issues" you have to deal with.
How about this, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?
Now that wouldn't "give too much away".
See darlin', you post my address and I have never received a phone call from anyone but YOU and Alex.
Me?
I sell concrete supplies, tools, additives, sealers, reinforcement fibers, drain tile, backer rod and concrete caulks to give you an idea.
Now see, how hard was that?
Who said anything about an eviction? Who was evicted? Where were they evicted from? Where's the court records with said information?

Location hidden

#22 Jan 12, 2011
You said it about me knob head.

You still haven't mentioned what you do for a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 35 min xxxrayted 31,104
ING is now Yoya, a brand-new investment and ret... 52 min Leon Harison 3
This is your lucky Monday! 55 min Leon Harison 7
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Slick 19,221
Riverside Police (Sep '11) 10 hr Do Something 22
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 hr Vic 231
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! Fri Library Lover 40
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••