SEARS at Salem Mall to finally close.

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Library Lover

Englewood, OH

#1 Oct 15, 2013
The Old Cold Warrior

West Alexandria, OH

#2 Oct 19, 2013
10-19-13: I bought three shirts at SEARS today. I will check out my shoes boots and see if I need some more at this old Salem Mall store. Nice prices on appliances and TVs. Mom and I have enough Elder-Beerman and SEARS stuff. I walked around and looked at the mall side of this 1966 store, where there are only a few old brown floor tiles in front of the former entrance that was sealed and closed. Trying to remember how and where things used to be, trying to see them as I used to see. Despite my imagination and wishes, I could not see myself washing Thrift Drug dishes. Can't go to the Walden Books store anymore. No need poutin' about missing the food court and fountain, tossing in pennies, before going to J.C. Penneys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did white liberals let the Salem Mall die? 9 hr The Duke of Hazard 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Oh well 20,085
Dayton's Best Pizza? Really!? (Nov '14) Mon Mama larosa 14
Va girl Mon Blu sky 1
We hope Republicans are not serious! Aug 2 The Old Cold Warrior 2
sexting Aug 2 Sma 6
Anyone know John Vlahos? Aug 1 Sos 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages