Judo Instructor Surrenders, Accused Of Sex With Teen

May 9, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDTN-TV Dayton

Currently, Daniel Doyle, 32, of Spring Valley, is charged only with sexual battery, but in court documents filed by detectives, 2News learned that detectives allege Doyle's victim, a young girl, has been ... via WDTN-TV Dayton

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2011
Don

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2007

This entire thing is bull. I believe that the girl is just looking to get attention and the media will do what they always do and spin it to make Mr. Doyle look like a complete pedophile. Which the truth of the whole matter is that Mr. Doyle is a great person, and he would definitely not do something as horrible as this.
Someone

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

I think the girl is right!!
He should get what is coming to him
someone

Waterville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

i know both the alleged victim an mr doyle both for many years now, as it is hard for me to take any one side. I dont think the victim would make this up but i also dont believe that Daniel would do this either. i have traveled with both around the world for many years , i just cant take one side
concerned

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

What does the girl have to gain by acusing Doyle falsly? You would have to be pretty devious to come with something like this. I am aware of the way Doyle just spoke to his students, i can't imagine how abusiove he may have spoken to them in private, much less whatever else he did!
Anon

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2007

Doyle has always seemed like a good guy to me, but the three or four times I've met him somehow sex and strip clubs always came into the conversation. I don't find this accusation all that shocking, and I believe the girl didn't tell, someone else did for her.
Knows sumthing

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

I agree with anon. He alway's seemed a little to strange. There was no way my daughter would ever have went anywhere with him alone. You just can't seem to trust anyone these dayz!
derick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

I've done judo with dan, I don't really know him. He's still innocent, we don't know. But if convicted ,it jail forever, I have 4 dau ghters
Someone

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

pleaded guilty yesterday.. off to jail!
Truth

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

Well he admitted to doing it so any of you who had doubts just shut up. I knew Daniel and the victim so for any of you to say that you knew him and knew that he couldn't do this obviously didn't know him too well. Shame on those that accused the victim of making this up. You words were hurtful and you'd do well to watch them in the future.
anon

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Before injury ended my relationship with active judo I met both Dan Doyle and his father. I have competed against him and know he has a great talent as a competitor. His father has been involved with the development of the sport and is very dedicated. I last sat and ate, drank beer, and told judo stories with Mr. Doyle and his father many years ago - really before his association with the student. I do not know how the blackness entered his mind to cause him to fail to see the wrong in what he was doing, only I know there is a tragedy been committed. This is no reflection whatsoever on the sport of Judo. Parents should never assume there will never be anything happening - when their young children whose bodies are becoming mature are left alone without instruction. I blame them almost as much as I lay blame on Mr. Doyle - but for other reasons. The result is clear: everyone associated with this has had their lives changed. But, as human beings, life goes on, and this sort of thing - sex between teacher and student - has been in the news often. Parents should therefore be more proactive when rearing their children.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

As for you who say this this man got jail time and he admited to having sex with a 14yr girl 14 while he is 32. he was there to be a mentor and nothing else i hope that this young lady moves on from him and stops talking to him.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

his parents are ashamed of him. how could they love a boy who hurts lil children how would they feel if someone done that to him when he was 14 with a 32YR OLD woman . cut ur ties with him he needs help and to be left in jail forever. it makes me sick that so called mr. doyle he deserve nothing more than his prision id number to be mentioned
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

anon wrote:
Before injury ended my relationship with active judo I met both Dan Doyle and his father. I have competed against him and know he has a great talent as a competitor. His father has been involved with the development of the sport and is very dedicated. I last sat and ate, drank beer, and told judo stories with Mr. Doyle and his father many years ago - really before his association with the student. I do not know how the blackness entered his mind to cause him to fail to see the wrong in what he was doing, only I know there is a tragedy been committed. This is no reflection whatsoever on the sport of Judo. Parents should never assume there will never be anything happening - when their young children whose bodies are becoming mature are left alone without instruction. I blame them almost as much as I lay blame on Mr. Doyle - but for other reasons. The result is clear: everyone associated with this has had their lives changed. But, as human beings, life goes on, and this sort of thing - sex between teacher and student - has been in the news often. Parents should therefore be more proactive when rearing their children.
i sure hope u have no daughters cuz would u still blame them as much as him no she was a child a child under age mr.so called doyle needs his butt beaten while in lock up hopefully he will get what he deserve while in lock up i will fight for him 2 be keep in when his time come and who would want him around ur children u really need to rethink what u posted
a shodan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

i've known the Doyle s for 40 + years and it's sad that there will be a lifetime of pain for both family's . I believe the parents of the girl are partly to blame for letting a young girl going into puberty travel with a young man out of the country. They should have gone with her not only to chaperon but to watch her compete for the U.S.A and support her ! this does not mean that Daniel is blameless a hundred years ago a girl 14 often married a man in his late 20's early 30's it's unfortunate this came to pass May God and time heal the souls of all that this tragedy touched.
Judo Talk

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

I am a parent of a girl that does judo. The cost associated with going it extremely crazy. For example, one night in a cheap hotel is $110 each so that is $220 for two time normally 7 nights that is $1540 now comes the cost for food and airlines. The total cost is about $6000.00 a trip--now look at doing 3 trips as this young lady did that is $18000.00 not including trips in the US and training fees. The National Governing Body should have ensured the safety of the player.
Judo is a sport of rich tradition. I teach and I have taken young ladies on trips. One needs to ensure they have the appropriate chaperone. The parents are not to blame one bit—the only one is Doyle on the National Governing Body. Sponsor an athlete and help them families

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 10 min kikomo666thenumberofthsun 6
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Pops 29,378
Mayor Whaley: Immigrant children a humanitarian... 2 hr Leon Repeat Offender 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Badabing Badabang 18,588
Kettering manufacturer wins $280K on aircraft p... 5 hr Defense Nut 1
Wright Patterson Air Force Base 7 hr The Hack Checker 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 7 hr Overexpost 31,137
•••
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••