Posted in the Xenia Forum

Hap E Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Nov 19, 2010
That msg. for Chief
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#2 Nov 19, 2010
I noticed like a good union shop if you have a card the groceries cost less but if you don't sign up for a card the groceries cost you more.
The Old Cold Warrior

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2010
I stay sober and go to Kroger, and cannot bitch or pout, since they let me hang out; but they lack suitably sexy free sweets for me to take home and or eat, lacking young good-looking bitches who will willingly share their bodies and riches.
Hap E Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2010
Conservative wrote:
I noticed like a good union shop if you have a card the groceries cost less but if you don't sign up for a card the groceries cost you more.
Even without the card, the prices are still better than place like Dot's, Groceryland, and Stop n Save(aka Shop and Rob).

Uh, there's a plank in your eye, Meijer is union and doesn't have a card.

YOU LOSE
Hap E Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 19, 2010
The Old Cold Warrior wrote:
I stay sober and go to Kroger, and cannot bitch or pout, since they let me hang out; but they lack suitably sexy free sweets for me to take home and or eat, lacking young good-looking bitches who will willingly share their bodies and riches.
I dunno Leon, you just don't hang out at the right ones :D
Mariah

AOL

#6 Nov 19, 2010
Hap E Holiday wrote:
<quoted text>
Even without the card, the prices are still better than place like Dot's, Groceryland, and Stop n Save(aka Shop and Rob).
Uh, there's a plank in your eye, Meijer is union and doesn't have a card.
YOU LOSE
I have two cats. Very spoiled cats. They like a particular kind of cat food. It is Fancy Feast, small cans. These cans cost 75 cents each at Kroger and 47 cents each at Meijer. Why is there such a big difference in price? That is a 28 cent difference per can. Both are Union stores. Maybe Kroger thinks I won't notice that 4 cans for 3$= 75 pr. can.
Wise Shopper

Huntington, IN

#8 Nov 19, 2010
The one good thing about Meijer is you don't have to have ! a "card." Makes things alittle easier.
Hap E Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Nov 19, 2010
Wise Shopper wrote:
The one good thing about Meijer is you don't have to have ! a "card." Makes things alittle easier.
yep!
Conservative American

AOL

#10 Nov 20, 2010
If items are on sale and a good price I buy them at Kroger. Buy store brands when possible!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 20, 2010
The only difference between store brand & name brand products is the higher price on name brands.
Obama2012

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Nov 22, 2010
ping
Obama2012

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Nov 24, 2010
Wow, the UNION KROGER has been beating the non union Walmart on grocery prices lately.

What's up with that?
Obama2012

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Nov 24, 2010
When I meant Unionized Kroger, I didn't mean the Kroger in Union/Englewood either, for clarification(I know Leon will talk about the sweets to eat at the store too :D)
FELONSRGOODNEIGH BORS

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Dec 1, 2010
I have to say this, UNIONIZED OR NOT, MEIJER IS A DAMN JOKE.

The prices never match what's in the register. This is a problem at many of their locations, and I know of people that won't shop there ever again.

When you try to get the right price, management acts like you owe them something, or you are running a scam.

OH THERE'S A SCAM ALRIGHT, IT'S CALLED MEIJER. They can't get it right
evil conservative

Marysville, OH

#18 Dec 1, 2010
What I don't like about Meijer's is this:

They send out their flyer with everything (groceries) that is on sale....when you go there to get the good deal, that shelf is empty...
but, the higher priced item is sitting there all stocked and ready to be put in the grocery cart.

Walmart, their grocery section is downright frightening.....who knows how long the meat or the frozen stuff sat around before going into the freezers.
I don't trust anything about their food section.

Kroger's is in the business, for the most part, to hawk groceries and if you are careful you can get a good deal there.
FELONSRGOODNEIGH BORS

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Dec 8, 2010
ping
Willie

Fairborn, OH

#21 Aug 3, 2013
More of Leon's rotting jottings!
Willie

Fairborn, OH

#22 Aug 8, 2013
Meijer sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) 5 hr Darling girl 59
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Fitus T Bluster 21,058
Leon harrison has been banned from fb 6 hr Bite the Sack 8
Adult movie theaters (Sep '12) Thu Kitty katt 10
Former swimming pool at Old River NCR park (Jul '10) May 23 Gary Gueltig 7
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) May 21 Truth to Power 31,985
Who is Tyler isaac May 20 Original 1

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages