Use Of 'Bath Salts' On The Rise In Ohio | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 20
A white powder is being sold as "bath salts" at many gas stations and tobacco shops, but poison centers are warning it can be deadly. Full Story
yupyup

London, OH

#1 Jun 17, 2011
who cares. Mind your business.
mad

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 17, 2011
Let them die....who cares...just one less stupid jerk in the world. Stupid is as stupid does..
Seriously

Newark, OH

#3 Jun 18, 2011
mad wrote:
Let them die....who cares...just one less stupid jerk in the world. Stupid is as stupid does..
You might feel differently if it were child that died using this stuff!
zebra5

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 18, 2011
"mad" really has no business to be mad. you probably don't have a child of your own who you have watched go through this ordeal with "legal" designer drugs. I have. It is gut wrenching. Luckily, she is still alive. Making a statement like yours makes you look like the jerk.
As for "yupyup", that's a typical statement from someone who is probably a seller of these and other products, a user, a miss-informed person, or all of the above. If you don't have anything intelligent to offer, then please don't speak.
Just so you know

Wheelersburg, OH

#5 Jun 18, 2011
A co-worker of mine. Well her son in law was doing this stuff. Well let's just say he is longer here. Him and his wife was having an argument. She sent him away to cool of. They come out side at 2 am and he is hanging from the tree. This is really bad stuff. It should be illegal to sell,
pennis gannon

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2011
Too bad Gannon doesn't try it
JakeStidd

Martins Ferry, OH

#7 Jun 18, 2011
On many topics that are similar to this many people do comment with anti-sympathetic comments. Most people do what is right and correct in their daily lives and still there can be great difficulty that is completely out of their hands.

Its completely understandable that there can be no sympathy to those that injure themselves by doing what is wrong.
pennis gannon

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2011
Yep!
Kelley S

Harrison, AR

#9 Jun 18, 2011
And yet I can get arrested for smoking marijuana......Ohio needs to get their priorities straightened out!! I have had 3 back surgeries that have basically rendered me diabled and have to take pain killers just to be able to do things around the house. I smoke when I can get it BUT the fear of being arrested outweighs that. I don't like dealin with shady people so I just have one person I trust that I call on from time to time.......I know it is against the law but it helps me not only with the pain but it helps me emotionally as well. My Wife (who has never smoked) sees the difference it makes. I don't do any other drugs and BARELY drink. I do not want to seek out another "high" as the people doing these salts are obviously doing. I just enjoy things a little more and am less socially awkward when I smoke a little.....I do not get "ripped" as it were just enough to feel better. Ohio should be the next state to adopt Medical Marijuana Laws, afterall even Michigan has done so in recent years. I have even had the discussion with my Doctor who by the way knows I smoke and has no real problem with it. Though he has to advise against it just as he does with smoking cigarettes. I would like to hear 10tv's thoughts on this and would love for them to do a story on this topic. You can contact me through facebook if you want to hear more I'm one of your "likes" as it were.
yupyup

London, OH

#10 Jun 18, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You might feel differently if it were child that died using this stuff!
so what? We're going to legislate how people should treat their own bodies? Let me know how that's worked out for us.

bad things happen, politicians can't make them all go away...but they sure can make them worse!
yupyup

London, OH

#11 Jun 18, 2011
zebra5 wrote:
"mad" really has no business to be mad. you probably don't have a child of your own who you have watched go through this ordeal with "legal" designer drugs. I have. It is gut wrenching. Luckily, she is still alive. Making a statement like yours makes you look like the jerk.
As for "yupyup", that's a typical statement from someone who is probably a seller of these and other products, a user, a miss-informed person, or all of the above. If you don't have anything intelligent to offer, then please don't speak.
you brought your kids into this world and I'm sorry, but this is life. Bad things exist. and Politicans and lawyers can't make all your problems go away. I feel for your situation but you are seriously misguided
Weary

Dayton, OH

#12 Jun 18, 2011
Wanna smoke marijuana? Move to Michigan
yupyup

London, OH

#13 Jun 18, 2011
More laws on top of more laws on top of more laws. this is what's wrong with this state. This is why we're in the top 5 least free states (as reported by mercatus center and a George mason university index) along with California, New Jersey, and New York. Ohio's favorite word is BAN
sensei

Groveport, OH

#14 Jun 18, 2011
Same news like in 2010.

Must be a very boring day for the news channel, except they work on a schedule. Every year same time same s.it?
sampson

Lakeview, OH

#16 Jul 26, 2011
thought i heard on the news tonite that wilmington was banning bath salts but it won't be effective until october. did i hear this correctly? i question bc police were going to merchants that sell the stuff and ask the stores to refrain.
guess there was a marathon station that was going to continue selling the salts until there are illegal. any thoughts? is the community freakin out?
Justme

Barberton, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2011
Weary wrote:
Wanna smoke marijuana? Move to Michigan
Marijuana is safer than drinking. Yet alcohol is legal. If someone is gonna make a poor decision then live and learn. I have done both and made many poor decisions while drinking. Never been in trouble, never fought , never wrecked a car and never went to jail over marijuana. Most of the people against it are people who haven't tried it. Some people can handle there alcohol and some can't. Same thing
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#18 Jul 28, 2011
Bath Salts in one form or another (soaking in sea salt water) have been used for over a thousand years and now people are wanting them banned, made illegal because some dummies discovered you can get high off them.

Bath Salts are not all the same. Different ones contain different chemicals so a broad ban would put thousands out of work.

Maybe finding the chemical that is making people high could be eliminated.

Epson Salt is a Bath Salt, be careful.

Since: Jun 12

Springfield, OH

#20 Jun 15, 2012
Conservative wrote:
Bath Salts in one form or another (soaking in sea salt water) have been used for over a thousand years and now people are wanting them banned, made illegal because some dummies discovered you can get high off them.
Bath Salts are not all the same. Different ones contain different chemicals so a broad ban would put thousands out of work.
Maybe finding the chemical that is making people high could be eliminated.
Epson Salt is a Bath Salt, be careful.
umm they've already tried this they've already taken like two or three chemicals out and that still hadn't helped people are still getting high off of it eating peoples faces off and killing themselves
Dennis and Brenda

United States

#21 Jun 17, 2012
IS that why Leon is such a lunatic?
wow

Middletown, OH

#22 Nov 21, 2013
so are they legal or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Net Nut 29 min The New Cool Warrior 1
anyone know of any local women who posed naked ... 54 min Fact Checker 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Homeboi 19,642
Alabama firm wins $153M Wright-Patt contract, e... 7 hr Leland Schuler 1
Campus-area stabbing victim was trying to prote... 7 hr Lush Dave Drunk 8
The ISIS crisis! The ISIS crisis! 7 hr The New Cool Warrior 3
Oh, That's What Leadership Looks Like 8 hr The New Cool Warrior 2
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:28 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:28PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report12:15 PM
Hawkins Wrote Fake Recommendation to Land an NFL Agent
Bleacher Report 2:00 PM
Should Browns Spend Big on Maclin or Draft WR?