A final toast to the Doolittle Raiders

A final toast to the Doolittle Raiders

There are 2 comments on the World Magazine story from Sep 17, 2013, titled A final toast to the Doolittle Raiders. In it, World Magazine reports that:

The four remaining Doolittle Tokyo Raiders of World War II will hold a final toast to their fallen comrades during an invitation-only ceremony Nov. 9 at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

Sky King

Oxford, OH

#1 Sep 17, 2013
When I was a boy, I read that "Landmark" book, the classic "Thirty Seconds over Tokyo", written by Lt. Ted Lawson [played by Van Johnson in the movie]. I read it three times and have watched the movie, in bits and pieces, how many times? Sgt. Thatcher, one of the remaining four Doolittle survivors, was in Ted Lawson's B-25 "Ruptured Duck" crew that crash landed on a Chinese coastal beach, in the rain after dark.

Dayton, OH

#2 Sep 18, 2013
That was a amazing feat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
t-r-u-m-p... 4 hr Booger Johnson 3
Trump Buys China Steel 14 hr Buck 3
The Cult of Trumpism 14 hr AmericanWoman 1
Trump Loves TicTacs 18 hr AmericanWoman 1
Lets fact check Leon the cracker 20 hr Not a Fan of Leon... 5
clinton by 13! lmfao! 20 hr Not a Fan of Leon... 3
USA to Trump: "You're Fired." 22 hr AmericanWoman 4

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance