Leon Harrison’s “shame”

Leon Harrison’s “shame”

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Leon Harrison

Longmeadow, MA

#1 Jun 30, 2013
— 19 April 2013 — by Leon Harrison

Dear Editor,

There are very few times that I feel the impulse to publicly express my views. Late yesterday, I learned of the Boston Marathon bombing in the United States.

The irony I felt, in that moment, was indescribable. I was deeply ashamed of the perpetrators that would engage in disgraceful acts of violence and terror. Those few people that know me best, know that shame is not a word that would best describe me. But yesterday, I felt an irrational impulse to walk the streets of Belize City, covered in “sack and ash.”

Violence and terror was abhorred by the Mahatma Gandhi. This is not the Ghandhian way! In a time of war, with the world at the brink of nuclear destruction, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi gave the world a way out of madness.

Gandhi professed that violence in the mind (by our thoughts) would lead to violence of the word (slander, insults, and hate), which would inevitably lead to the exchange of fists and bullets and bombs.“An eye for and eye, leaves the whole world blind!”

Gandhi’s life example was so simple, so clear, so emphatic, that Mahatma was more Christ-like (in value) than many Christians in his time. In Belize, we do not appreciate the value of inner peace and its

Personally, I do not know any Bostonians, nor do I have any particular favor or preference for Americans. But I know, that the United States has the potential to be equally as fanatical in their pursuit of justice. They will close their borders and will frustrate legitimate migrants, like myself, who aspire for an opportunity for further education.

My prayer is very simple. Open your eyes. The principle of non-violence is about the promotion of peace. Look at the Hindus that line Albert Street, King Street and Orange Street, in downtown Belize City.

Ask their grandparents where they came from: they will tell you of the bloodbath that led to the independence of India and the shame of Pakistan, because their leaders could not agree on the spiritual direction of the country. Ask them about Lampore and Punjabi, ask them about Mahatma. I cannot express how deeply the beloved Gandhi has helped shaped my reality.

How easily we forget the struggle of our forefathers, living and dead. Independence in Belize is about equality, born from the workers unions’ struggle, but forged by the mettle of the civil rights movement in the United States. How easily we forget about the injustice of prejudice, racism and slavery!

Yours in shame!
Leon Harrison
Fan of Leon The Man

Hicksville, OH

#2 Jun 30, 2013
Okay, I shall try and type real slow: Your Leon Harrison is not our local Dayton, Ohio, Leon Harrison. Our Leon Harrison did not write this letter/column that you have posted. Please, give us some picture links to your Leon Harrison because he obviously is not ours.
Christopher Toledo

Longmeadow, MA

#3 Jun 30, 2013
Fan of Leon The Man wrote:
Okay, I shall try and type real slow: Your Leon Harrison is not our local Dayton, Ohio, Leon Harrison. Our Leon Harrison did not write this letter/column that you have posted. Please, give us some picture links to your Leon Harrison because he obviously is not ours.
Who cares? You know how to google yourself don't you Leon?
Noel Nosirrah

Oxford, OH

#5 Jul 1, 2013
Leon Harrison is honest, besides being a brighter writer, not ashamed of accepting blame or enduring the pains of fleeting fame that come with his accomplishments, writing and famous name. So, if he wrote something and it was printed, he would proudly take the credit...but not for that bullshit above...despite the misplaced love.
Calizum BBBJ Harrison

Newington, CT

#7 Jul 1, 2013
Noel Nosirrah wrote:
Leon Harrison is honest, besides being a brighter writer, not ashamed of accepting blame or enduring the pains of fleeting fame that come with his accomplishments, writing and famous name. So, if he wrote something and it was printed, he would proudly take the credit...but not for that bullshit above...despite the misplaced love.
Cousin Leon honest? Ya right. Crazy + Stupid = Leon Harrison

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dayton-oh is filled with evidence of his crimes.
Kathleen Hanna

East Hartford, CT

#8 Jul 27, 2013
Calizum BBBJ Harrison wrote:
<quoted text>
Cousin Leon honest? Ya right. Crazy + Stupid = Leon Harrison
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dayton-oh is filled with evidence of his crimes.
Leon Harrison belongs in prison.
masterofconcrete pourers

Fairborn, OH

#9 Jul 27, 2013
Who is Kathleen Hanna?
Joe Wurzelbacher

Hamden, CT

#10 Jul 28, 2013
She is the woman that declared Leon Harrison's nickname would be Ejaculatory Anhedonia for this point forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr tellinitlikeitis 20,935
Winnie Peacock (Aug '16) 9 hr Winnies Date 8
News Alleged gang members go before federal judge (Aug '08) Sun Janet 94
We compassionate constitutional conservatives... Sun Latina Lover 1
GOP is full of gas! Mar 24 Dindunuffin 1
Remember Pearl Harbor! Mar 24 The Old Cold Warrior 1
Hey, you so-called conservative Pentagon pimps! Mar 23 Dindunuffin 2

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages