Why is PBS tax exempt

Why is PBS tax exempt

Posted in the Xenia Forum

lawsuit

Hamilton, OH

#1 Jul 23, 2011
Let Soros, the unions or Democrat donors fund them.
They are just a organ of the Democrats.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/krauthammer-t...
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#2 Jul 23, 2011
lawsuit wrote:
Let Soros, the unions or Democrat donors fund them.
They are just a organ of the Democrats.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/krauthammer-t...
Exemption Requirements - Section 501(c)(3) Organizations

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

NOTE: They should, if they are a 501c have their status revoked as well as the NAACP and others. I include all religious organizations if they violate the requirements.

“Many are cold, Few are frozen”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 23, 2011
They should not be supported by taxpayers.

Perhaps they had a place and an arguement for their status before we had 500 plus channels, but no longer.

PBS and NPR are both Democratic Tools and like Media Matters should be able to pay their own way.
Marv

Hamilton, OH

#7 Jul 28, 2011

Perhaps they had a place and an arguement for their status before we had 500 plus channels, but no longer.

PBS and NPR are both Democratic Tools and like Media Matters should be able to pay their own way.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx
I agree.
P Oed

Terry, MS

#8 May 13, 2014
he are now running commercials like every other over the air station.

The only reason they are none profit is they pocket all the money, so as to not make a profit.

Underwriters, and sponsors are just a scam way of saying advertisers.

It is no longer operating as it was intended.

Constant solicitation for funds is a major irritation.

Management is politically chosen, not for ability or qualifications, but politics.

It is an unfair practice to be tax exempt when other stations are taxed.

Much of the programming is robotically served up by computer.

They should not be funded in any way by the government or given any preferences.

They are a commercial network posing as a public service.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
RumpleShartSkin

Cincinnati, OH

#9 May 13, 2014
John Henry Holliday wrote:
BUT WE THE TAXPAYERS SUPPORT YOU!
Ever try working for a living? Or do you make enough when you "borrow" those cameras?
SilentKnight

Dayton, OH

#10 May 13, 2014
Whoever this Dennis Gannon person is, I just want to let you know that I have reported the violation of LAW to the Admins of this page.

Of all of those "charges" listed as "felony1 - 3", not a single one of them were felonies. And, even though the ignorant person that posted it has every right to post public information, he DID overstep the Law, when he slandered your name by calling you a "felon", and by misrepresenting your court cases (Only 1 of which was an actual Misdemeanor conviction) as Felonies.

You are in a position to sue for damages for the slandering of your name and to seek monetary damages for the damage done to your reputation by this cowardice, and unlawful act.

I recommend that you seek out a good attorney to file a Civil Lawsuit against this idiot.

And, as someone who does their own research before passing judgment based on some idiot suffering from "bag of hammers" Syndrome, I hope I helped you out and you get some payback for this.
The Old Cold Warrior

Lewisburg, OH

#11 May 13, 2014
Ken Burns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: LKQ Pick Your Part - Dayton 5 hr jblanton 1
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) 22 hr Kent Grind 40
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Wed Leon Harrison 29
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
7-26-15 Updated sincere form letter Jul 28 The Old Cold Warrior 3
Trump was a draft dodger Jul 28 The Old Cold Warrior 8
Donate to Disadvantaged American Victims! Jul 25 Disadvantaged Victim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages