Churches ready to celebrate Watch Nig...

Churches ready to celebrate Watch Night | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 23 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 31, 2010, titled Churches ready to celebrate Watch Night | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Members of the Mass Choir practice for the Watch Night service at New Covenant Believers' Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keith

Greensboro, NC

#3 Dec 31, 2010
The Emancipation Proclamation freed no slaves technically in the South when initially made. In fact, it was an empty proclamation to stirr up rebellion amongst slaves in the South while the Union was getting its but spanked by scrappy Southerners. I wish these churches and the media would not blindly follow generalizations about history and perpetrate this simplistic generalization.
two of clubs

Blacklick, OH

#5 Dec 31, 2010
Keith wrote:
The Emancipation Proclamation freed no slaves technically in the South when initially made. In fact, it was an empty proclamation to stirr up rebellion amongst slaves in the South while the Union was getting its but spanked by scrappy Southerners. I wish these churches and the media would not blindly follow generalizations about history and perpetrate this simplistic generalization.
Insignificant nit-picking. So little American history is taught now that in a few years your "historical gem" will be greeted with glazed looks and yawns. Let these people have their day and let old dogs lie undisturbed.

“Cultural Futurist”

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 31, 2010
Stevie Wonder said it best: Very superstitious, Nothing More To Say...
Antiquarian Bent

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 31, 2010
two of clubs wrote:
<quoted text>
Insignificant nit-picking. So little American history is taught now that in a few years your "historical gem" will be greeted with glazed looks and yawns. Let these people have their day and let old dogs lie undisturbed.
Some more history ... Afro-Ams. in Ohio celebrated Haitian Emancipation (Jan. 1);
BWI Emancipation Day (British West Indies) on August 1st; Emancipation Day (Sept. 22nd).

Juneteenth moved North at a later date, almost like Kwanza and Cinco de mayo ...

Cheers - Enjoy the celebrations and a happy new year 2011.
Missy

AOL

#12 Dec 31, 2010
What a beautiful story about the power of faith and the importance of giving thanks for our blessings.
JPE

United States

#13 Dec 31, 2010
two of clubs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad to see that truth is now considered nitpicking. For the real story of the War, not the one that the government wants you to believe, read "The Real Lincoln" by Thomas DiLorenzo. For a taste see:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenz...
two of clubs

Blacklick, OH

#14 Dec 31, 2010
Antiquarian Bent wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more history ... Afro-Ams. in Ohio celebrated Haitian Emancipation (Jan. 1);
BWI Emancipation Day (British West Indies) on August 1st; Emancipation Day (Sept. 22nd).
Juneteenth moved North at a later date, almost like Kwanza and Cinco de mayo ...
Cheers - Enjoy the celebrations and a happy new year 2011.
Thanks and right back at you and the members of the New Covenant Believers' Church.
Black lion

Columbus, OH

#16 Dec 31, 2010
The liberals have revised the history books used in our schools to further their agenda. Many young people today are not taught American history and government in school. It is sad how little of our history they have ever heard and much of what they have been taught omits important facts to spin reality.
two of clubs

Blacklick, OH

#17 Dec 31, 2010
JPE wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad to see that truth is now considered nitpicking. For the real story of the War, not the one that the government wants you to believe, read "The Real Lincoln" by Thomas DiLorenzo. For a taste see:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenz...
The truth is it is a minor quibbling point. The Emancipation Proclamation changed nothing in the South outside Union-held territory and little in the North. It was only with the advance of Union troops into the Confederacy that Lincoln's executive order could be carried out, backed by massed weaponry. It was a political ploy used by Lincoln to keep Europe, especially England, on the sidelines.
Steven Streets

Grove City, OH

#18 Dec 31, 2010
Trust in the living God with all your living heart, but never trust a piece of paper that says "In God We Trust".
Even President Lincolns Treasury Secretary denounced the paper money he had printed to finance the Civil War as unconstitutional once he was on the Supreme Court. That was the venerable Mr Chase of Chase Manhattan fame today.
I write as a Yankee Abolitionist Soldier in defense of Article One, sections 8 and 10. There is no freedom under fiat specie. Our poor are entitled by that law to the right to be paid in honest silver and gold.
Liberate yourselves with knowledge.
Steven Streets

Grove City, OH

#19 Dec 31, 2010
Just to show you how Republican lawyers really work at politics, read the fine print on the Emancipation Proclamation. It doesn't free any of the slaves whose owners supported Mr Lincolns campaign in West Virginia etc. Get ready for 4 years ahead of such hypocritical maneuvering in the Ohio Statehouse.
Pro Libertas
HSOK

Delaware, OH

#20 Dec 31, 2010
People would you dam please put this issue to rest , you actually act as if you were living back in those days and so to speak you point the finger to this generation > bury it once and for all >>>> EXCUSES >EXCUSES >EXCUSES
will never died as long as we have people with Vengeance

Example > look at the Israelis , Palestinian conflict >>> In this modern time > this has being going on since the beginning of time > now there's something to complain about >>> GET OVER IT ALREADY !
two of clubs

Blacklick, OH

#21 Dec 31, 2010
HSOK wrote:
People would you dam please put this issue to rest , you actually act as if you were living back in those days and so to speak you point the finger to this generation > bury it once and for all >>>> EXCUSES >EXCUSES >EXCUSES
will never died as long as we have people with Vengeance
Example > look at the Israelis , Palestinian conflict >>> In this modern time > this has being going on since the beginning of time > now there's something to complain about >>> GET OVER IT ALREADY !
Do you have any idea what you are saying? Do you mean Israeli - Arab conflict? Palestinians didn't exist until 1947. Before that it described an area, not a people.
HSOK

Delaware, OH

#22 Dec 31, 2010
two of clubs ,Reynoldsburg,Ohio COMMENTS>>>>> >

Hey 2 of clubs I know exactly what I'm talking about I have for years been working with these people trying to get something resolved . Now while your trying to correct me on something that I am highly educated in > Do you know the difference in a Israeli > Israeli Arab > and A Palestinian that is a Arab ? Education is your KEY source (period)
Try USDOS and learn before you try to correct me .
two of clubs

Blacklick, OH

#23 Dec 31, 2010
HSOK wrote:
two of clubs ,Reynoldsburg,Ohio COMMENTS>>>>> >
Hey 2 of clubs I know exactly what I'm talking about I have for years been working with these people trying to get something resolved . Now while your trying to correct me on something that I am highly educated in > Do you know the difference in a Israeli > Israeli Arab > and A Palestinian that is a Arab ? Education is your KEY source (period)
Try USDOS and learn before you try to correct me .
The first two are citizens of Israel and are free to move about the country. The Palestinian is an unwanted living in one of the reservations and has their movement severely restricted because they cannot be trusted to behave civilly. The first two don't call for the destruction of Israel. The Palestinians would destroy themselves trying to bring Israel to ruin.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#24 Dec 31, 2010
How do you say "Happy New Year" and "I dare you to name your father" and "Step Back,Muthafukka" and "Damn! I'm shot,an' not in mah bullet proof head." in Yoruba or Tutsi?
K Roley

Middlefield, CT

#25 Dec 31, 2010
Damn, when are you people going to get over this slavery crap? you'd think that you were freed last month. Move on or cry somewhere else, like in Yemen or the Sudan or Mexico. Shut the hell up and do something productive and grow up. there aint been no slaves for 150 years and anyone that owned you is dead.
every troll here but you

Blacklick, OH

#26 Dec 31, 2010
K Roley wrote:
Damn, when are you people going to get over this slavery crap? you'd think that you were freed last month. Move on or cry somewhere else, like in Yemen or the Sudan or Mexico. Shut the hell up and do something productive and grow up. there aint been no slaves for 150 years and anyone that owned you is dead.
Do you still celebrate July 4th, Independence Day? When are you going to give up that "Give me Liberty or give me Death" crap? There hasn't been a British presence in America for 196 years.
HSOK

Delaware, OH

#27 Dec 31, 2010
two of club , reynoldsburg,ohio Comments

Yes the Israeli & Israeli Arab > are both citizens of Israel , do not know where your getting your information from but in no way shape or form is a Israeli Arab aloud to move freely in Israel they go through check points and are treated as if they are a Palestinian they go through the same turmoil as a Palestinian > Arab .And as you put it the (first 2)
do not call for the destruction of Israel nor does the Palestinian if they did not have all taken from them at gun point they should be treated with their equal right to the land as well , and don't kid your self a Israeli Arab if given the chance would take a Israel out the same as a Pal. Arab .And about the Palestinian taking it to ruins I think both the races are destroying Israel The Israelis > quote Jews < they call their selves are of substantial greed for all the land and for the Palestinian > if you were one > what would you do if you were treated as a animal with your whole family in a cage with guns tanks missiles pointed at you 24/7 not aloud as people do in the USA when you own land it is taken from you like you take candy from a baby , your home that you taken your life savings or your parents savings and built for you and your family and a long comes a Israeli tank and destroys it while you stand with no law enforcement to help you because the Israeli is the law , I am not taking either side because they both are wrong the land country belongs to the both of them but somebody appears to be greed stricken , Well to make a long story short I will end because I feel deeply you are a JEW and you believe as they the (Israelis) you want it all , I have been doing this work for 33 years go jump off a cliff because prejudice is one thing that is not tolerated in the USA . I bet all you do on a daily basic is kiss A** > you are the perfect example of a Bias individual , people as you are so ignorant because you believe you are the exception but your NOT !

You have a Happy New Year !

I have a hot date that does not include the likes of you !
paul

United States

#29 Jan 1, 2011
Did any of you thank God that you were brought to America ? That you were
removed from a Nation that still practices Slavery ?
Has any of you pointed the finger of BLAME on the ones who sold your forfathers to the USA ? Have any of you sent letters of complaint to your
Mother Nation for Selling you ?
Have you heard of any other group that complains of being sold into Slavery
except the ones sold into the USA ?
Can you imagine the Jews complaining about being brought out of Eg.
Remember the Promise Land had to be developed , it wasn't Bula Land to
begin with.
Try giving T H A N K S .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr ToldYA 32,002
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Dave spano 21,017
Tonja Devers is a bitch Tue BadtoBone 2
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) Tue Truthful 141
dennis schroll Jul 23 old friend 2
shannon cope (Mar '15) Jul 21 Kitty Grabs Back 4
whos dealin drugs Jul 19 The truth 3

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages