First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DBag

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jul 11, 2012
Nitty Gritty wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that stupid? Nobody is being forced to work for Walmart. You need to get your head out of your ass before you post.
I think you need to get your Nitty Gritty together. Never have I ever said anyone has to work for Wal_Mart. I think maybe it is your head that has been inserted up your rectal orfice. Wal-Mart does employ people that would not otherwise be employed. It is their choice to work or not work. I personally admire them for their efforts. On many occasions I have worked two and three minimum wage jobs to make ends meet. I may very well be stupid but I make it on my own and without any help or advice from the likes of you(Sachmo). Perhaps you should take some time off and accompany me to make a deposit. That is if you don't work and have enough spare time. I think you may be a welfare drain on Society.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22 Jul 11, 2012
Radio Shacks are closing all over because you can order everything they sold online, have it shipped to you, and save quite a bit of money. It's not the fault of Walmart or any other chain, it's the way we shop now. If you owned a business twenty or thirty years ago and needed electronic equipment,telephones,computers or parts, you had to go to Radio Shack because they were the only supplier in your area. Now it takes only a minute to search Google for a supplier, find what you need at a reasonable price and get it ordered. Best Buy and other large retailers are suffering as well, because fewer people are actually going into a store to purchase laptops, cell phones, or other electronic devices. It is simple economics.

Even those who do IT work or repair computers will tell you that their business is slacking off, due to it being cheaper to buy a new machine than fix an old one. My husband and I just purchased new cell phones, and we did all our research online, found the best plan, and with just a little time deciding what we wanted he and I had new phones delivered to our door in two days. We called and activated them ourselves, so why would we actually NEED a store? If we ever need chargers or repairs, we'll do it online and it will be much cheaper than going to any store.

I think it's funny that people complain about 'having' to work at Walmart. If you don't want to have to work a minimum wage job, get an education and find a career, not just some job. If a high school kid has the skills to do the same job you're doing at age 30, 40, 50, then it's your failure, not the company's.
Wythevillian

Stuart, VA

#23 Jul 12, 2012
I don't know whether or not this has anything to do with Radio Shack closing but when Old Navy went out of business it was known at that time that the store in Wytheville was one of the most profitable in the region. Apparently the person or company leasing the space went up on the rent so the store pulled out. If the same company was leasing Radio Shack, it stands to reason they could have pulled out for the same reason...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reporting 1 hr gunsmoke 22
Pedophile Prosecution. Wed Danial 20
Debbie Buchanan (Aug '13) Tue Anonymous 14
Traffic Light needed Aug 22 wtf WC 1
Who are Wythevilles drug dealers Aug 21 Poochie 9
Wytheville County Court Houe has gone paperless Aug 21 Delbert 5
Topix moderator Aug 21 Danial 4

Wytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance