Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

Laws For Paws is fundraising to bring in a No-Kill for Wythe County. I am the founder and President of the organization. So far, we have our articles of incorporation. We will be filing for the 501(c)3 tax exempt status in the next two to three weeks. Please help us reach our goal, so the County can go No-Kill. Our next event is at Tractor Supply in Wythville on April 28th from 10am to 2pm. Find us on Facebook at Http://www.facebook.com/LawsForPaws
1Ranger

Galax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Good luck lady for your efforts. We have a big problem in our town also but generally from owners not spaying.
Veronica W

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Thank you 1Ranger. The spay/neuter problem is here as well. People just refuse to do it. "Oh what if we want puppies one day" is what I keep hearing. A lot of people are stepping forward to spay/neuter now, so it is helping. We just have to deal with the stubborn ones.:)

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

A person that takes on the responsibility of owning a pet should be required to have their pets spayed or neutered. Otherwise they should be fined for not doing so. Of course I think humans should also be neutered for bringing more welfare kids into this world.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Wise Wolverine wrote:
A person that takes on the responsibility of owning a pet should be required to have their pets spayed or neutered. Otherwise they should be fined for not doing so. Of course I think humans should also be neutered for bringing more welfare kids into this world.
Sounds like a winner.
Veronica W

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Wolverine, there is a spay/neuter ordinance being worked on to present for approval. I think a lot of pet owners will go crazy at first, but in the long run will be very benificial. I wish we didn't have to enforce this, but so many people are irresponsible with pet ownership. The ordinance is not through us or any other organization.
Animal Advocate

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Thanks for stepping up and helping the voiceless. Hopefully this no kill shelter will be up and running in the next few years. Being a pet owner, of several rescues and a few I bought, I think a spay/neuter ordinance would be awesome for Wythe Co. Just getting everyone on board will be the issue.
Veronica W

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

It will greatly help us accomplish our No-Kill goal by reducing the amount of population. Thank you for your support! I have a rescue cat from the HS, and a rescue pup from the local pound.
THE JUDGE

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Wise Wolverine wrote:
Of course I think humans should also be neutered for bringing more welfare kids into this world.
AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, THEN I SUPPORT WHOLESALE PUBLIC EXECUTIONS.

SERIOUSLY, I HOPE THE SHELTER GETS OFF THE GROUND. THIS KILLING OF INNOCENT KITTIES HAS GOT TO STOP.

THE JUDGE HAS SPOKEN.

Since: May 12

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Thank you Judge! We are all working very hard towards the goal of bringing in this shelter. We just recently got the trap/neuter/release program approved by the town, so we're looking forward to starting that. The next event is May 26th @ Family Dollar from 10am to 2pm. Thank you for everyones support! We couldn't do this without you!
THE JUDGE

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Veronica W wrote:
Thank you Judge! We are all working very hard towards the goal of bringing in this shelter. We just recently got the trap/neuter/release program approved by the town, so we're looking forward to starting that. The next event is May 26th @ Family Dollar from 10am to 2pm. Thank you for everyones support! We couldn't do this without you!
YOU'RE WELCOME.

NOW STOP REPLYING AND KNOCKING MY NAME OFF THE THREAD. I'VE GOT A GOOD STRING GOING.

THE JUDGE HAS SPOKEN.
jilliann

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

yes please let me know what I can do to help this needs to stop!!!I don't know why they are so heartless I don't know why they are a high kill shelter no precious baby deserves that
jilliann

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

take mike thomas down!!!!take the no kill shelter down!!!!!
Veronica W

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

The Wythe County Humane Society is working very hard on the Mike Thomas situation. Why on earth would you not want a No-Kill shelter?
jilliann

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

QUOTEtake the high kill shelter down I meant sorry for the mistake no more high kill shelters!!!!!take mike thomas down!!!!
jilliann

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

no more high kill shelters!!!!I meant to say I'm so so sorry it was just a mis type I was typing really fast believe me I want all high kill shelters eliminated!!!!these precious babies deserve much better than that!!!
jilliann

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

please let me know what I can do to help
Veronica W

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Our Facebook page is listed above (if you have Facebook). All information and what we need help with is on there.
jilliann

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

ok thank you so much
Veronica W

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

No thank you Jilliann :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wythe County to host concussion workshop for fo... 1 hr lefty 2
wondering Wed someone 3
Sofia Corsano (Nov '10) Wed Shesnice 38
Lesbian Gay Pride stickers Tue Your Mom 4
nerds on motorcycles Tue Big Willy 9
colman thomas drinking underage Tue Your Mom 8
Fund the airport Tue Your Mom 3

Search the Wytheville Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Wythe County was issued at August 22 at 3:35PM EDT