Rogers Plaza eyes 'big changes'

Rogers Plaza eyes 'big changes'

There are 9 comments on the Ann Arbor News story from Feb 11, 2006, titled Rogers Plaza eyes 'big changes'. In it, Ann Arbor News reports that:

WYOMING -- They've heard it before, but Wyoming officials hope Rogers Plaza's new owners make good on plans to return West Michigan's first mall to its former glory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor News.

Pat S

Deerfield, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2006
This mall is a must keep for the seniors of wyo. which I am one. Rivertown Crossings is to big and way noisy.
Karen

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2007
I am a person that used to shop at Rogers plaza, at Montgomery Wards all the time and truley miss that store, and I am not the only one I am sure.... Theres nothing there for the average person anymore. Please give us back the fun we used to have going to Rogers Plaza....
Mike

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2007
I remember when I lived in Wyoming just off of Burlingame and 28th street. We always used to got to Montgomery Wards. I used to love to go their and look at all the Star Wars toys. That place has a rich history for us when we were kids.
We moved to Hudsonville and still live out here. I'll drive down 28th street and look around and remember all the good times.
But with all the recent gang problems do you really think this is a good idea? I wish it was 20-30 years ago. Wyoming was the place to be.
GARY REIN

Holland, MI

#4 Mar 20, 2008
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ALL THE BUSINSSES THAT WAS IN THE ORIGINAL ROGERS PLAZA 1960 TO 1978
Bob

Loganville, GA

#5 Jul 9, 2008
Lived in Wyoming back in the 60's and visited there often with parents,got my first bicycle at Montgomery Ward, also there was S.S.Kresges and I remember a cafeteria.Took my boys back there in the mid 90's and all the stores had changed don't even remember Montgomery Wards being there, If anyone is interested you can go to ebay and type in wyoming mi, or rogers plaza and find old post cards. Memories......
mike

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Mar 19, 2009
honestly i`m still amazed that rogers plaza is still around i mean people don`t shop there anymore especially when you have malls like woodland and rivertown crossings to go to in fact most of wyoming is pretty crappy where shopping is concerned
Issues

Wyoming, MI

#7 Mar 21, 2009
mike wrote:
honestly i`m still amazed that rogers plaza is still around i mean people don`t shop there anymore especially when you have malls like woodland and rivertown crossings to go to in fact most of wyoming is pretty crappy where shopping is concerned
Rogers Plaza the mall is a bust but it does have strong anchors. It seems medium size stores do fine, the smaller indoor stores crash it just does not get the right traffic. I like Rogers Plaza better than Rivertown for its walk way and play area.\

I would be willing to gamble that an indoor market concept, where small time vendors lease a small space like the old bread factory down 28th Street they would actually do well filling some of those holes.
Donna

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 May 21, 2012
I totally agree, I loved shopping at Rogers Plaza all throughout my kidhood. I am sorry to see the state that it is in now. I wish I could find old photos of the way it used to be. If anyone can direct me to interior photos I would be most appreciative.
I still remember the little bakery that was next to Fannie farmers. My Mom and Dad would buy me a sugar cookie each time we went there. And little chocolate cigarettes from Fannie Farmer in a little blue red or white plastic case. haha they don't make those anymore. I miss Wards too, I worked at the snack bar cafeteria when I turned 18 in 81. All gone now. So sad.
Donna

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 May 21, 2012
By the way, I live in Wyoming, not Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is still trying to say we are a part of them. We are not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyoming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Thu Roger 1,101
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu Bronco 2,686
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Aug 23 Gville Jim 40,226
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Aug 22 HillJack 1
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Wyoming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance