4 Men Arrested With More Than 6 Tons ...

4 Men Arrested With More Than 6 Tons Of Marijuana In Wyoming

There are 39 comments on the WXMI-TV Grand Rapids story from Oct 23, 2011, titled 4 Men Arrested With More Than 6 Tons Of Marijuana In Wyoming. In it, WXMI-TV Grand Rapids reports that:

Four men have been arrested after being caught with more than six tons of marijuana worth more than $12 million in Wyoming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXMI-TV Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Who

Stockton, CA

#1 Oct 23, 2011
It was probably just "medicinal", maybe they had glaucoma.

I'm sure none of it was destined for the street or anything, besides what could it hurt if they sold some to kids, pot's "harmless", isn't that right potheads?

Pot doesn't do anything anyway, how can it help anybody if it doesn't do anything is beyond me, but it's like mother's milk, ask any pothead, he'll tell you if they can remember anyway.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#2 Oct 23, 2011
Yea, those poor "medical" marijuana customers aren't going to get their daily dose of weed. The poor tie-dye donning hippy burnouts and teenagers with chronic back pain are sure going to be suffering...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 24, 2011
Who wrote:
It was probably just "medicinal", maybe they had glaucoma.
I'm sure none of it was destined for the street or anything, besides what could it hurt if they sold some to kids, pot's "harmless", isn't that right potheads?
Pot doesn't do anything anyway, how can it help anybody if it doesn't do anything is beyond me, but it's like mother's milk, ask any pothead, he'll tell you if they can remember anyway.
Yes, you probably are relieved. Whilst our law enforcement is wasting time chasing those really "bad guys" the real epidemic of the stealing and sales of prescription drugs can go unchecked. Since those "good drugs" have become the drug of choice for kids, they will be able to continue enjoying themselves behind your blind ignorant back.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Oct 24, 2011
Can we say, "Mexican Drug Cartel"?
Who

Stockton, CA

#5 Oct 24, 2011
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you probably are relieved. Whilst our law enforcement is wasting time chasing those really "bad guys" the real epidemic of the stealing and sales of prescription drugs can go unchecked. Since those "good drugs" have become the drug of choice for kids, they will be able to continue enjoying themselves behind your blind ignorant back.
Then it's a good thing I couldn't care less about anyone else but those in my own family.
snomad

Allendale, MI

#6 Oct 24, 2011
If there wasn't a strong demand for it (making the illegal business lucrative), this would be old news... not unlike truckloads of rum being busted back in prohibition days. Personally, I do not partake, but I believe the "war on drugs" could be better fought if weed were legal and treated the same as alcohol leaving more time, energy & money to combat "dangerous drugs" per se'. Calling a person who smokes a joint on the weekend a "pothead" sounds somewhat like calling a person who drinks a few beers while watching a football game an "alcoholic". This being the case, I would venture our nation has a lot more alcoholics than potheads, thus many more issues (crime, health concerns and family disturbances) that can be directly attributed to alcohol. Personally, I would rather be aware of those around me (friends, family and neighbors) who smoke weed vs. them feeling a need to hide their recreational use and in essence, forcing them to be closet tokers, segmented from “normal” society. Maybe that occasional "paranoia" some tokers speak of would disappear if there were no reason to be paranoid? JMHO
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Oct 24, 2011
say what wrote:
Can we say, "Mexican Drug Cartel"?
Exactly! Thanks to our ridiculous drug laws.

The cartels LOVE the U.S. drug laws. They know if pot was legalized here, or at least de-criminalized, it would take a huge chunk out of their profits and diminish their power.
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Oct 24, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's a good thing I couldn't care less about anyone else but those in my own family.
And that's what makes you a republican.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#9 Oct 24, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind...your statements appear as conflicting as your obvious mis-information regarding mj.
From your first post...
Quote: "besides what could it hurt if they sold some to kids"
Sounds like you care albeight your concerns are duely noted they are mis-placed.

Quote: "Pot doesn't do anything anyway"
How do you know?? What are you basing your opinion on?

Why do you even have or state an opinion if you don't care anyway?
Who

Stockton, CA

#10 Oct 24, 2011
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's what makes you a republican.
I know. Isn't it great?

At least I'm not a phony like liberals.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#11 Oct 24, 2011
snomad wrote:
If there wasn't a strong demand for it (making the illegal business lucrative), this would be old news... not unlike truckloads of rum being busted back in prohibition days. Personally, I do not partake, but I believe the "war on drugs" could be better fought if weed were legal and treated the same as alcohol leaving more time, energy & money to combat "dangerous drugs" per se'. Calling a person who smokes a joint on the weekend a "pothead" sounds somewhat like calling a person who drinks a few beers while watching a football game an "alcoholic". This being the case, I would venture our nation has a lot more alcoholics than potheads, thus many more issues (crime, health concerns and family disturbances) that can be directly attributed to alcohol. Personally, I would rather be aware of those around me (friends, family and neighbors) who smoke weed vs. them feeling a need to hide their recreational use and in essence, forcing them to be closet tokers, segmented from “normal” society. Maybe that occasional "paranoia" some tokers speak of would disappear if there were no reason to be paranoid? JMHO
Bingo!!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 24, 2011
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Thanks to our ridiculous drug laws.
The cartels LOVE the U.S. drug laws. They know if pot was legalized here, or at least de-criminalized, it would take a huge chunk out of their profits and diminish their power.
So, you would rather only obey the laws you agree with? Got it, thanks. And to turn the tables on you, THAT is what makes you a liberal.
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Oct 24, 2011
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>So, you would rather only obey the laws you agree with? Got it, thanks. And to turn the tables on you, THAT is what makes you a liberal.
Whatever One With Sand In Vagina.

It's every American's civic duty to question the laws they don't agree with, especially ones that have such an imbalance when it comes to the punishment fitting the crime. I believe the American drug war and specifically the prohibition of marijuana is a human rights disaster. Stripping away freedoms and treating pot users the same as rapists and murderers and because of Federal Mandatory Minimum Sentencing, in some cases being treated WORSE and getting LONGER sentences than murderers and rapists.

If you don't see the injustices within our current drug laws then so be it Sand filled VJ. I do and yes I will continue to question our lawmakers and their mindset until things begin to change.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#14 Oct 24, 2011
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's every American's civic duty to question the laws they don't agree with, especially ones that have such an imbalance when it comes to the punishment fitting the crime. I believe the American drug war and specifically the prohibition of marijuana is a human rights disaster. Stripping away freedoms and treating pot users the same as rapists and murderers and because of Federal Mandatory Minimum Sentencing, in some cases being treated WORSE and getting LONGER sentences than murderers and rapists.
If you don't see the injustices within our current drug laws then so be it Sand filled VJ. I do and yes I will continue to question our lawmakers and their mindset until things begin to change.
Then instead of whining like a bitch on a public forum, do everything you can to get the laws changed.

MJ is still considered an illegal substance, that is federal law, no matter how much you whine, bitch, or carry on.
ohohObama

United States

#15 Oct 24, 2011
but yet kids or adults getting that "incense" from gas stations, or heck lets make a meth lab, how about anti depressants, no big deal, make sure you get your family whole grain DNA altered food now, yippee.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 24, 2011
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't recognize a civic duty if it walked up and slapped you into the middle of next week, Stevie Foul Mouth. Now, can we be done with the juvenile name calling? The point, which you always seem to miss, is that you consistently cry foul on the laws you disagree with and encourage people to disobey those laws. Life isn't fair, when will you libs ever understand that? Probably never would be the right answer on that one, Bob. In any case, it's the law and the punishment is there because of the law. Don't like it? Try doing something constructive instead of name calling and throwing 2 year old temper tantrums about it. As for the injustices, there are injustices everywhere Stevie, but you only cry and whine about the ones that interfere with your enjoyment, not the ones that are injustices for ALL of society.
Pablo

United States

#17 Oct 25, 2011
America's failed "war on drugs" has been great for the Mexican drug cartels. It exports money out of the U.S. while creating millions of jobs for Mexicans and other foreigners. Great job U.S.!!!
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Oct 25, 2011
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then instead of whining like a bitch on a public forum, do everything you can to get the laws changed.
How do you know I don't neecer?

You don't. Thanks for butting in with your two cents.
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#19 Oct 25, 2011
The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't recognize a civic duty if it walked up and slapped you into the middle of next week, Stevie Foul Mouth. Now, can we be done with the juvenile name calling? The point, which you always seem to miss, is that you consistently cry foul on the laws you disagree with and encourage people to disobey those laws. Life isn't fair, when will you libs ever understand that? Probably never would be the right answer on that one, Bob. In any case, it's the law and the punishment is there because of the law. Don't like it? Try doing something constructive instead of name calling and throwing 2 year old temper tantrums about it. As for the injustices, there are injustices everywhere Stevie, but you only cry and whine about the ones that interfere with your enjoyment, not the ones that are injustices for ALL of society.
Life isn't fair? Seriously? Well if life isn't fair then why did our founders come over from England? Why didn't minorities just accept being treated like second class citizens and stay at the back of the bus? Why did women work so hard to get the right to vote?

In the United States we don't just accept that life isn't fair. When citizens are being repressed by unjust laws it's OUR DUTY to speak up. Do you know where people accept the fact that life isn't fair? Places like North Korea, China and Cuba.

Tides are changing and there will come a day when we are forced to revisit our drug laws and put them in their proper context.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high...

The largest percentage of people who are against legalization are 65 and older (69% of them). They are dying off and being replaced by those who have their facts straight. It's just a matter of time.
Another Middle Classer

East Lansing, MI

#20 Oct 25, 2011
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Life isn't fair? Seriously? Well if life isn't fair then why did our founders come over from England? Why didn't minorities just accept being treated like second class citizens and stay at the back of the bus? Why did women work so hard to get the right to vote?
In the United States we don't just accept that life isn't fair. When citizens are being repressed by unjust laws it's OUR DUTY to speak up. Do you know where people accept the fact that life isn't fair? Places like North Korea, China and Cuba.
Tides are changing and there will come a day when we are forced to revisit our drug laws and put them in their proper context.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high...
The largest percentage of people who are against legalization are 65 and older (69% of them). They are dying off and being replaced by those who have their facts straight. It's just a matter of time.
Changing the laws are going to be a tough road as so many attorneys make their money off our potheads, and so many politicians are attorneys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyoming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr WMNewsFan 3,064
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Oct 15 Marlene K 56
Mexican people think they own everything. Tru... Oct 15 Marlene K 7
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Oct 15 Marlene K 100
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Oct 8 Whoremonger 5
Enroll Now - If Anyone Would Like To Help! Oct 8 Guest 2
News 1 dead in York Creek Apt shooting (Sep '08) Oct 8 Guest 359

Wyoming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wyoming Mortgages