Are Indiana's Marijuana Laws too Harsh?
Law Abiding Citizen

United States

#2289 Oct 1, 2009
The Joker wrote:
<quoted text>This is clearly a response from a pro-weed individual. But let's set some facts straight first. Unless you're carrying over 30 grams or dealing, almost all charges involving marijuana are misdemeanors and Indiana will let you bond out of jail with usually 1 year probation, the same as a DUI. Every weeder I've ever had contact with had good jobs so your argument is weak at best. Your contention that no one has ever died from smoking marijuana is also suspect as 35% of people brought to emergency rooms have detectable levels of pot in their blood. Now while that doesn't mean they were high when they got hurt or died, it is a factor that can't be overlooked. You are correct when you say that money on arrests could be better spent: research indicates that if marijuana were legal, each state in the Union could see a 200 million dollar savings in law enforcement. But is marijuana "more safe" than cigarettes? If you consider that the "resin" from pot is actually tar, ask yourself when the last time you saw that dripping off a cigarette. ANd since most people smoke weed unfiltered, research has also shown that the amount of tar and carcinogens are equal to 4 cigarettes. Is marijuana worse than alcohol? Not if it's used responsibly but then again, neither is alcohol. While there are pluses and minuses to this issue, get your "facts" straight before you go out waving this banner again, boy.
And you are obviously someone in law enforcement or of some political venue...BOY. So, why don't you do a little research before you make an arrogant idiot out of yourself. Economically speaking...it only makes TOTAL SENSE to legalize marijuana. Marijuana and Hemp have a number of USEFUL uses in our society. It is time to vote this in...and get on with more important things in our society. Government and those who want to CONTROL EVERYTHING just crack me up. These are the very people who have some REAL ISSUES in the closets. Stoners, on the other hand, don't hurt anybody. L-E-G-A-L-I-Z-E I-T. Do it NOW. P.S. I am a moderate conservative, with a conservative voting record. I vote my conscience...and my conscience tells me that keeping pot illegal is absolutely LAUGHABLE.
Boss

Portage, IN

#2290 Oct 15, 2009
Bottom line they can regulate marijuana and how it is sold and what not, states do it now. Second it should be legal. Wasting tax money on weed is so stupid. Really all we're dealing with is a repeat of history from the prohabition. Just like that people made there own drinks, but once you could just buy it it was pointless to make your own when you can get it right away.
veritas

Converse, TX

#2291 Oct 23, 2009
Subvertir wrote:
Man, I read the first few pages of this. That AnnaLynn chick is hilarious - some classic trollage. I particularly love how she's talking about addiction when she's made 5000 posts to this site in two years. LOL. That's, what, 5 a day?
A shining example of restraint and self-discipline! This sort of hilarity is pretty much the status quo when it comes to "criminal" justice. By and large, the system is ran by silly women.
You get caught with a bag of weed, and then you're on probation, and some holier-than-thou passive aggressive 300lb whale of a woman tries to pretend that you're a malfunctional human being because you like to get blazed and play video games.
I mean, to all you haters out there - have you ever really played Bioshock while stoned? Come on.
too funny!!
Exxy

Indianapolis, IN

#2292 Nov 10, 2009
You know, I've seen several people in this thread claim that marijuana is "bad" because it is illegal. I feel I should point out that Christianity was illegal at one point as well. Was it "bad" as well?
wayne

Wayne, NJ

#2293 Nov 15, 2009
You don't seem to know much about christianity.
Exxy wrote:
You know, I've seen several people in this thread claim that marijuana is "bad" because it is illegal. I feel I should point out that Christianity was illegal at one point as well. Was it "bad" as well?
wayne

Wayne, NJ

#2294 Nov 15, 2009
http://republicbroadcasting.org/...

Wouldn't it be great if we would replace these mostly non violent human beings with the murderous wretches in the pharmaceutical industry. Just think how safe our kids would be.
protocol18

Converse, TX

#2296 Nov 17, 2009
wayne wrote:
http://republicbroadcasting.or g/?p=5179
Wouldn't it be great if we would replace these mostly non violent human beings with the murderous wretches in the pharmaceutical industry. Just think how safe our kids would be.
That would be great,but what are going to get is more smoking nazis like anna lynn,just as they have allowed in the UK.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/arti...
Tie_dye_Dave

United States

#2297 Dec 16, 2009
As long as our politicians are making money on the war on freedom (drugs,) Marijuana will not be legalized.
Oooook

Indianapolis, IN

#2298 Dec 16, 2009
Full legalization on the ballot in CA, should be interesting to see where it goes!
perkybagel

Cleveland, TN

#2299 Jan 4, 2010
marijuana is illegal because the govt profits off of it being illegal.
Bianca

Boise, ID

#2300 Jan 4, 2010
perkybagel wrote:
marijuana is illegal because the govt profits off of it being illegal.
Very true, but why is it when the jails get over crowded they always let the violent offenders like rapists and murderers out? I would rather face a pot smoker any day!
Bianca

Boise, ID

#2301 Jan 4, 2010
Tie_dye_Dave wrote:
As long as our politicians are making money on the war on freedom (drugs,) Marijuana will not be legalized.
It is legal in Colorado now. They offer it at restaurants!
kev

Carmel, IN

#2303 Jan 26, 2010
the only one's gaining from keeping pot illegal are the outlaws.

it's a multi billion dollar industry with no signs of slowing, yet we ignore the opportunity for tax revenue based on religious beliefs, outdate information, or personal prejudice.

People are smoking. It will never change. So the question remains; do we want our money going to the outlaws or to our government?

yes, Indiana is tough on pot laws, but we're in the bible belt...i wouldn't expect any less from the myopic "christians". After all if your belief isn't theirs, you're wrong. how very "christian".

the "bad becuase it's illegal" defense is hilarious. with this logic, we would still have slave owners, women couldn't vote, and alcohol would not be sold. Hoosiers are hilarious!!
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2306 Feb 10, 2010
AnnaLynn wrote:
lol..."responsible pot-smoker"...that never gets old...
Responsbible speeder, responsible con-artist...
Knowing the penalties for smoking pot and doing it anyway (and in such a manner as to get caught) is not what a "wise" person would do.
It's easy to avoid the penalties for smoking pot. Just don't.
Smoking pot is like smoking cigarettes. You CAN do it responsibly, most of the time when people "get caught" it's because some nosey person who thinks they most stop "crime" calls the police and rats them out or in the case of living in an apartment, someone smells the smoke. AND it has been proven in other countries that having pot become legal actually DECREASES crime. So maybe it would be WISE to make smoking pot Legal.
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2307 Feb 10, 2010
wayne wrote:
You don't seem to know much about christianity. <quoted text>
I'm taking a college level history class. OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE IT WAS ILLEGAL! Back in Rome when everyone was PAGAN it was illegal to be a christian which is why they were PERSECUTED. Why don't you read the tale of Perpetua and Felicity before you speak.
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2308 Feb 10, 2010
1MADBUYER wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the laws just as they are....if you keep breaking the law, the more harsh it should be....maybe let up on the time spent in jail, just fine the peoples azzes off to where they can;t afford that c_h_i_t
Yeah dumbass and you'll be PAYING for it. How about we use are tax dollars to get real criminals off the street say...MURDERS OR RAPIST, you know....people who actually HURT other people.
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2309 Feb 10, 2010
edd wrote:
Anna, look up and smell the chemtrails. On heavy days you should stay indoors. <quoted text>
wow i could have sworn people had evolved and gained a mind of their own instead of letting the government think for them...guess i was mistaken.
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2310 Feb 11, 2010
AnnaLynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was just me--until I talked to the rest of the family (in my cousin's case) and others (in the case of "friends" who quit).
Oh, they CLAIM there's no effects from quitting--because it's not addictive--but just watch them when they go cold turkey for a while.
Of course, there's always the possibility that pot doesn't make you maladjusted, being maladjusted inclines you to smoke pot.
you do know pot is less addictive than CAFFEINE. And my sister quit pot after she had been doing it for years (she has a great job by the way, and she's a functioning member of society) with no withdrawls.
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2311 Feb 11, 2010
AnnaLynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just observant. See, since pot is illegal, potsmokers are taking a risk drinkers don't and going out of their way to do so. This indicates a thrill-seeker's mentality (much like that which lead Bill Clinton to having sex in the Oval Office). Such people are seldom moderate or responsible about anything.
Wow this is the most IGNORANT thing i have ever heard. Bill Clinton had unemployment down to it's lowest level in thirty something years! he also left office with MONEY IN THE BANK. i'm sure there are tons of presidents who didn't get caught doing exactly what he did. thrill-seeker mentality? what a load of shit. you are making HUGE generalizations, why don't you try backing them up? or maybe you can't? why don't you go to a college campus and observe them WITHOUT bias, b/c what i've learned it's the evidence that contradicts your beliefs that formulate the best conclusions. You want a fact? I'll give you a REAL fact. Coffee has about the same amount of chemicals (about 800) in it that pot does, 60 of those chemicals have been tested and 16 of those 60 have been proven to cause cancer in RODENTS, yet coffee is legal...
Salazar

Franklin, IN

#2312 Feb 11, 2010
AnnaLynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you can.
Murder is immoral, and we legislate against that. Theft is immoral, and we legislate against that. Child abuse, spouse abuse, etc.--all legislated against.
We've been legislating morality since the beginning of recorded history.
People like to say you can't legislate morality when they're supporting something that has traditionally been considered immoral and legislated against on those grounds, but it's not true.
Actually smoking pot around the WORLD is considered a sacred thing, not "immoral" at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynnedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a good lawyer for free advise 2 hr ejej 6
News Marsh plans to close stores 8 hr idiot 1
PresidentTrump is his own worst enemy 16 hr Did Flynn cut a deal 6
best places to get a hook up 21 hr I c dumb ppl 3
so we stick with the ACA Fri TrumpedOffTrumpcare 2
Black Thugs Fri whome 3
Can this country stand to have a president unde... Mar 23 Before the Deluge 5

Wynnedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance