No tornado Sirens??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wynne Citizen

Wynne, AR

#1 Apr 26, 2011
Why were there no torado sirens in Wynne during the bad storms the last several days during all of these storms???
Storm Chaser

Gregory, AR

#2 Apr 26, 2011
Wynne Citizen wrote:
Why were there no torado sirens in Wynne during the bad storms the last several days during all of these storms???
Because there were no funnel clouds in that area!
guest

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2011
From my understanding Sirens are down and according to scanner last night they seen a tornado.
guest

Homestead, FL

#4 Apr 26, 2011
tornado sirens are for tornadoes not for storms- hence the name TORNADO sirens
Storm Chaser

Gregory, AR

#5 Apr 26, 2011
guest wrote:
From my understanding Sirens are down and according to scanner last night they seen a tornado.
No..And No..
Whitey

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2011
For all you intelligent forecasters posting, STRAIGHT LINE WINDS WILL KILL YOU JUST AS DEAD AS TORNADIC WINDS!
Storm Chaser

Gregory, AR

#7 Apr 26, 2011
Inexperienced storm watchers..Tracking through Stone County.
Storm Chaser

Gregory, AR

#8 Apr 26, 2011
Cya, stay safe and keep your eye on KAIT 8 until storms pass tonight,use common scence .DO NOT DEPEND ON SIRENS!
Storm Chaser

Gregory, AR

#9 Apr 26, 2011
Whitey wrote:
For all you intelligent forecasters posting, STRAIGHT LINE WINDS WILL KILL YOU JUST AS DEAD AS TORNADIC WINDS!
We are aware of this whitney, that is why straight line winds are in the forecast,Thanks for being aware..
Guest

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2011
Storm Chaser wrote:
Cya, stay safe and keep your eye on KAIT 8 until storms pass tonight,use common scence .DO NOT DEPEND ON SIRENS!
KAIT-8 always breaks into digital stuttering or freezing ... can't watch it, so we always turn to the LR or Memphis stations ... not sure why we can't get KAIT here on Hamilton, but invariably we cannot
just sayin

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
KAIT-8 always breaks into digital stuttering or freezing ... can't watch it, so we always turn to the LR or Memphis stations ... not sure why we can't get KAIT here on Hamilton, but invariably we cannot
It's our cable company. Other local towns with different cable co. aren't having the problem.
just sayin

United States

#12 Apr 26, 2011
We were under a tornado WARNING the sirens should have gone off...they used to during a tornado warning.
guest

United States

#13 Apr 26, 2011
And I have a police scanner I know what I heard and I am calling bs for Storm Chaser. They said they seen a tornado.
person

State University, AR

#14 Apr 26, 2011
Tornado warnings include entire counties even if it is not the entire county involved. If there is a tornado in Cherry Valley, all of Cross County goes under a tornado warning. HOWEVER, if there is a tornado in Cherry Valley and it is moving in the right direction (Northeast) it is NOT a threat to Wynne. Therefore, Wynne sirens have no need to go off
Jon Reed

Elko, NV

#15 Apr 26, 2011
Person is correct. We spotted one, however it was never a threat to Wynne for it touched down to the Northwest of Wynne and moved Northeast.
Ladytrump

Forrest City, AR

#16 Apr 27, 2011
I also heard the police scanner say a tornado was in the Wynne vacinity. What are they going to do? Wait until it is in our drive ways before some one decides to warn people who don't have a police scanner or electricity because of a thunder storm . You would think the people in charge of responsible decisions in this City would express more concern for us. What about the strait line winds that tore up part of the co-ops fertilizer building? We could have been warned danger was upon us, couldn't we? Trees were up rooted close to down town but still someone felt the citizens weren't worthy of a warning? I don't care what you say about what I have written here but if I knew where that siren was located it would have been used because I care about people as well as my family.
Whitey

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Apr 27, 2011
PREACH IT Ladytrump. The only thing to add to that would be: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Since: Apr 11

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Apr 27, 2011
The sirens went off in Ozark, Booneville, Pope county etc.. since this mess started. It must be the town not the service that activates the alarm. I recommend getting a weather alert radio with lots of fresh batteries to back it up. The national service alerts you off it giving you the most accurate information and tells you what you need to do. Keep it where ever your safe spot is during severe weather. I like it because it turns itself on to alert you ya don't have to leave it running. Sirens, cable, internet can be disabled by the storm at least with the radio and batteries you have some idea of what is going on.
bull

United States

#19 Apr 27, 2011
I live northwest of wynne and there was NO tornado.

Since: Apr 11

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Apr 27, 2011
I didn't say that their was. Was just posting about the weather service radio as being most reliable way to know what is going o.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free B Rad 59 min Summers Eve 3
Need help with a toy 1 hr gringo 3
Jacob Williams 1 hr Guest 3
Sonic 1 hr Truth 3
Wynne Jr. High Students bringing alcohol and dr... 1 hr Justin Wilson 6
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 41,378
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 2 hr Vagabond 23,443

Wynne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wynne Mortgages