Rusty and Leigh trail
Bravo

United States

#42 May 24, 2011
Katie, I don’t know you personally, but I commend you for your bold display of class. I hope you and your family realizes that ninety-five percent of Wynne disagrees with the decisions that have so hurt your family. The changes were made due to a small group of people who feel that they are entitled to control the town and school (no, wait…it’s the athletic programs, not the school or education that these parents are concerned with). Many headaches, must stress, and great pain have been given to many to appease a few. The price tag that the changes will bring will be enormous. Here’s a prediction: The new coach will come in and have two slightly successful seasons with the maturing and talented class of incoming juniors…and then he will leave. That’s his pattern. If he does choose to settle here, then he will work very hard, but continue to have losing seasons because the talent pool will be slim. He will not change the way he coaches. It’s just that his coaching and hard work will not pay off with the smaller and/or slower players. It won’t be his fault. It won’t be the players fault. That’s just life. Then the same group that worked to crucify the current staff will work to crucify him. Late breaking news, Wynne: Deangelo was a great player. He was awesome, and he brought the program a lot of success. Success that was enjoyed I’m sure. Yet, players like Deangelo come along once in a GREAT WHILE. Parents need to stop expecting their average-joe sons to be first-round NFL picks. There will be eras of success. There will be eras of losing seasons. Such is the world of sports in public schools. Coaches can’t draft players in a public school-they simply inherit them and do the best with what they got. We have really sweet, hardworking kids underneath the incoming junior class…but they don’t measure up to their competition. During a losing season, the town needs to grin and bear it. Support the community, support the school, support the staff, and support the players. Lose with dignity. Just be happy and proud to be a Yellow jacket regardless of the season’s winning percentage. That’s called school spirit. Set the “winning spirit” aside and pick up the school spirit. We’re going to win some. We’re going to lose some. Either way, the cosmic forces of the world will go unchanged and the world will still spin. The coaches and the players have been trying. They’ve been working hard. Doing their best. That’s all we can ask of the new coach. That’s all we should have asked of Shempert. To the family of Shempart: you guys are a class act. Thanks for all you did. Thanks for all you gave. The vast majority of your players loved and respected you. Hold your head high. Ninety-five percent of Wynne has your back. Good luck. God bless.
finally some sense

United States

#43 May 24, 2011
totally agree w bravo

Ida, LA

#44 May 24, 2011
Katie Shempert wrote:
This is Katie Shempert! If I or my family have something to say, then we will post our names. I nor my mom have been running our mouth. We may not agree with what is happening to my dad and the stress it has put on our family, but I would not resort in these childish things I am accused of. My mother has NEVER allowed me to act that way. I was not raised that way. We were raised to respect others. Am I perfect? No. So please let this go and move on. There is something better for my dad.If this is not meant to be then its not. God is in control.
good job Katie!
guest 2

Wynne, AR

#45 May 24, 2011
Very good post Bravo, agree with you all the way. The Shemperts are a classy family. Ray did not deserve this but the school district doesn't have the nerve to stand up to the few whiners and tell them NO!!!
Yessiree

Forrest City, AR

#46 May 24, 2011
Fact of the matter is: A coach was removed because his team didn't win enough to satisfy 'some in our community'. Why not focus on the school instead of school sports? I dare say this approach would bare more fruit than hunting fit the next DeAngelo. First 'they' want to turn our summer league ball fields into 'travel ball' tourny fields. Now it's the football coach. Who's next? Baseball coach, basketball...I'm sure the lynch mob has a plan.
true

United States

#47 May 24, 2011
Lynch mob...that's what they are. It is very low to attack a person's job/reputation. If they are corrupt or evil or harmful to children, that's one thing. But the football staff was none of the above. They are simply guilty of doing their best...and their best wasn't good enough for a certain group...and the attack began.

United States

#48 May 24, 2011
The last few post have said it all. There will not be many DeAngelo's from this school. There are boys who can play and do well, there are those who try and thern there are the parents trying to live their life through their child. Amid all of this there are things being said that will hurt both adults and children. Would you want your child to read this? When all is said and done, it willnot matter what sport you played, what car you drove, what house you lived in, or how much money you made. However, our hearts are made visible by our words and actions.

Ida, LA

#49 May 24, 2011
You people are crazy. plus the duck lodge where the new coach is staying is pete moery's one of the quarterbacks dad, not the trails.

Wynne, AR

#50 May 24, 2011
Leigh has ALWAYS acted like she was better than everybody. She runs the football and baseball program. her child is the absolute BEST! AT EVERYTHING. Just like all those parents that tried their damnedest to get DR PERRY fired, the Trails did that to Shempert too! Watch out Coach Meyers and Coach Mangrum. and Coach Bailey and Coach Kennon, They may be backstabbing you next! The little rich crowd rolls deep!
Just My Take

United States

#51 May 25, 2011
I've read topix on occassion but never posted but have decided to throw in an opinion. What little I've been around Rusty and Lee Trail left me with with the opinion that he's a spoiled child who expects his way or will throw a tantrum. She just came across as a self-absorbed, spoiled little bitch. In short, they are perfect for each other. The other Trail family strike me as different as day and not from Rusty's. They seem to be wonderful people and are an asset to our community. I don't think for one minute that any of the Shempert family had anything to do with starting this post! I do think this little group of self-appointed "decision makers" that meets in private and influences decisions about our sports program should be outted and their names splayed out here along side Rusty Trail's. Our school program is for everybody and no group has the right to secretely meet and scheme to affect their agenda which is about their kids. If people want change, have an open meeting arranged through the school where everybody has a chance to be heard. Shine a bright light on this group of schemers and they'll rut for under the furniture just like cockroaches. This isn't a new practice, just been awhile since the last little group tried it and you have new faces pulling them same old crap. I think the lights on them now and they're not liking it.

Forrest City, AR

#52 May 25, 2011
I am so proud of you Katie! Class act all the way, just like your mom. Nothing negative about anyone, just taking up for your family. My family can't believe the way your dad has been treated, and he will be missed (already is). Thanks, Bravo. What you said hit the mark. I agree that 95% of the town is on the Shempert's side. I just wish there was something the 95% percent could do for them.
FYI

United States

#53 May 25, 2011
You have falsely judged Leigh. She is one of the nicest women in Wynne. She is nothing like what you all are saying. She is the nicest of the Trails.
Wynne Supporter

AOL

#54 May 25, 2011
it is a shame that people post thing on here with out all the info. please know the facts before you post. by the way, the trails did not get shempert fired, his record did. in the real world when you dont do your job you are fired. all the trails have done is support the team and wants what is best for the team. why is that such a crime in this town!!!
WynneGottaLoveIt

Little Rock, AR

#55 May 25, 2011
They will get what is coming to them one day. I promise you this they don't need to be talking about anyone. She is nothing but a loud mouth and he screws anyone he can. Their kids are not as innocent as THEY even think. So, until they start living in a glass house they don't need to worry about anyone.

United States

#56 May 25, 2011
Why are all of you sitting around spreading lies. We should all want our schools and community to work together to make things better. All I have seen since I moved here is bickering and back stabbing. It is just wrong.
Come on

Jonesboro, AR

#57 May 25, 2011
The reason for the coaching change is because the last winning season was in 06 when coach Campbell was the head coach they went 10-3, and no Deangelo wasn't there then, but they were still two games from getting a ring. But after that season he stepped down, coach Shempert took over and that year they went 3-7. Ok that is fine maybe they had a down year. Well over his four year relm they have not had a winning season. Going from top in the conference to one of the worst. Any person who is put in charge of something, is in charge of getting results, and if they don't get positive results then the company has the right to go in a different direction. If you don't put a winning product on the field then you can't expect to be kept around forever. I understand Coach Shempert is a great man, but a coach knows they have to produce to be kept around at any good program. And as far as the parents go, just because a parent goes to practices and tries to get know their kid's coaches who they will be spending a lot of time with doesn't mean they are paying them off. There is always a few that accuse people of this, so this is nothing new anywhere you go. If you think your child is getting unfair treatment, go to practice and see for yourself. I have met this coach before and I assure you that he doesn't do the politics. Don't accuse people of backstabbing, I assure you that no one but the administration has the authority to fire someone. The administration wanted change so a change was made. Support your kids and their teams, and support the decision that was made. What's done is done.

Ida, LA

#58 May 25, 2011
Wynne Supporter wrote:
it is a shame that people post thing on here with out all the info. please know the facts before you post. by the way, the trails did not get shempert fired, his record did. in the real world when you dont do your job you are fired. all the trails have done is support the team and wants what is best for the team. why is that such a crime in this town!!!
his record got him fired? are you kidding? do you hold teachers accountable for failing students? such a double standard. so d williams and a warren's atheletic abilities had nothing to do with their success--it was all campbell? know the facts? they are slowly surfacing and i hope it all comes out before they get the next coach.
Come on

Jonesboro, AR

#59 May 25, 2011
There was plenty of other conference championships, and winning seasons before and after the Deangleo and Warren days. So yes he got fired because he didn't produce a winning team. He obviously didn't have the right scheme or could not motivate the players or something. Because he didn't win as a head coach. And I also believe that teachers who have the majority of students failing their class year after year should be fired also. But the thing is with teaching, some students don't want to do their work and have no care whether they fail or not, it that the teacher's fault. Sports are not required and are an exracurricular activity. They are a priveledge that can be taken away by the head coach at any time. If a player doesn't give effort on the field, then he can cut the player, if a student does not give effort in the classroom you can not cut them from your class.Maybe you should look at Wynne's records before deangelo and warren before you start talking crap. You know the facts before you start mouthing. Wynne has always had a good program, and a pool of athletes, if you can't win at any good program that is worth anything you will be fired. Like it or not!
hmmm

United States

#60 May 25, 2011
Come on wrote:
The reason for the coaching change is because the last winning season was in 06 when coach Campbell was the head coach they went 10-3, and no Deangelo wasn't there then, but they were still two games from getting a ring. But after that season he stepped down, coach Shempert took over and that year they went 3-7. Ok that is fine maybe they had a down year. Well over his four year relm they have not had a winning season. Going from top in the conference to one of the worst. Any person who is put in charge of something, is in charge of getting results, and if they don't get positive results then the company has the right to go in a different direction. If you don't put a winning product on the field then you can't expect to be kept around forever. I understand Coach Shempert is a great man, but a coach knows they have to produce to be kept around at any good program. And as far as the parents go, just because a parent goes to practices and tries to get know their kid's coaches who they will be spending a lot of time with doesn't mean they are paying them off. There is always a few that accuse people of this, so this is nothing new anywhere you go. If you think your child is getting unfair treatment, go to practice and see for yourself. I have met this coach before and I assure you that he doesn't do the politics. Don't accuse people of backstabbing, I assure you that no one but the administration has the authority to fire someone. The administration wanted change so a change was made. Support your kids and their teams, and support the decision that was made. What's done is done.
It takes at least seven to ten(if not more) ABOVE average players (as compared to other 5A teams) to have a successful team. Name that many players on a team on any one of the seasons since Campbell left. There have been two or three pretty good players, but no help.
What's done is done, but that don't mean it was right. I'm not attacking any one person, but the group that did this, THE WAY THEY DID IT, should apologize to Shempert personally.(if you can trash him behind his back...admitt it to his face)
STARR

North Little Rock, AR

#61 May 25, 2011
What Warren and DeAngelo had wasn't coachable. It was a GIFT from GOD. Campbell NEVER ran the ball. So to say it was Campbell, you're DUMB as a BUCKET OF ROCKS. TALENT win games NOT COACHES.Why did D_LO go to the NFL if his atheletic ability had nothing to do with it.Coaches coach what they have and hope its talent. Wynne need to STOP lettig these rich SORRY ASS-WANT-TO-BE-SPORT-SUPERSTAR S PLAY BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS HAVE MONEY.We missed the stTE CHAMPIONSHIP because Rob Lawson sorry ass couldn't kick a field goal. He couldn't throw the ball either. A FATHERBACK. LMAO. Wynne need to get omewhere and it down. Campbell didn't give a damn about those boys grades either.When Wynne STOP letting MONEY rule we probably will land TALENT. FRAME THIS SHIT WYNNE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kane Hess 9 min guest 2
shannon and brent walker 12 min guest 2
wilson st apts 3 hr guest 2
poke in the 4 hr gerald 2
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 4 hr luci 18,050
4 Word Game (Jun '11) 6 hr luci 16,087
Word Game (Oct '10) 7 hr luci 1,055

Wynne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance