First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Mar 17, 2012
Who here thinks Wynne needs a movie store?
wynne

Forrest City, AR

#2 Mar 18, 2012
who can compete with the $1.20 movies at walmart???

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2012
We need a movie store despiratly.

United States

#4 Mar 19, 2012
Movie stores are no longer a profitable business venture. Look at Blockbuster and Movie Gallery just to name two that were once big and powerful. Both companies are completely out of business. Companies like Net Flix are the way of the future...for now at least. The world is ever changing and what works today will not necessarily work tomorrow.
coinstarr

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Mar 21, 2012
wynne wrote:
who can compete with the $1.20 movies at walmart???
Those prices at the Redbox machines are hard to beat for a movie rental for those who still rent the physical disc instead of streaming a movie rental. They are fast and convenient too.
coinstarr

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Mar 21, 2012
guest wrote:
Who here thinks Wynne needs a movie store?
Well you do have a movie star in Wynne. It's WalMart. But who wants to buy a $20.00 movie off the shelf every time they want to watch a movie? I couldn't imagine how much more money i would have spent over my lifetime if for every movie i had rented i had bought that movie for $20.00 on average instead.
rose

Malvern, AR

#7 Apr 16, 2012
Well 1.20 sounds good but that is just for one day. I think movie gallery was 97 cents a days and you payed for 5 days.
Why

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2012
Why do you need a movie store when you have payperview and on-demand?

United States

#9 Apr 23, 2012
We need a movie store so we can walk around and choose from hundreds and our kids can watch old movies we grew up on. A movie store is part of being American bring it back please.
Jessica s

Lubbock, TX

#10 Apr 24, 2012
Hays has a small selection, and the gas station by mc'ds does too. I don't like paying 5.50 at hays for 2, 2 night rentals though. Old or new :/. You can't hardly compete with redbox.
Ole Red

Ida, LA

#11 Apr 24, 2012
Why don't they just make a Redbox that we can walk in to?

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Sep 22, 2012
rose wrote:
Well 1.20 sounds good but that is just for one day. I think movie gallery was 97 cents a days and you payed for 5 days.
But that's just it. You payed for 5 days which was $4.85 regardless even if you kept the movie for just one or two nights. At Redbox you only pay for the time you actually keep the movie. Keep it one night for $1.20 or two nights for $2.40.
A lot of people stream movies from places like Netflix but streaming movies eats away at a lot of that monthly internet usage that most internet service providers are putting on allowance these days.

United States

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Movie rental stores are a thing of the past. That's not opinion but economic reality. When major chains went belly up that was a pretty strong indicator. The way people watch movies today has changed so drastically that even experts have trouble predicting the next techno-breakthrough that's going to change the current trends. The computer age has changed the way people rent movies and other programs and no company is going to invest in high-overhead physical stores when you have Redboxes and online viewing in addition to cable and satelite options. We are really lucky to have a movie theater and I hope that is one thing that will never change but who knows.
Gallery Girl

Little Rock, AR

#14 Sep 24, 2012
Yes, Redbox has movies cheap, but not a very good or large selection.I also usually forget to bring the movies back the very next day & get those extra charges anyway:( Also, you have a wait time on most new releases of about 2 weeks after they actually come out for sale to rent them unless they were a flop at the box office. Netflix is what I do now, yet there is also a waiting list for the new movies & streaming is only for limited titles. Just because something is the "new wave of the future" doesn't mean it's always best!

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Gallery Girl wrote:
Yes, Redbox has movies cheap, but not a very good or large selection.I also usually forget to bring the movies back the very next day & get those extra charges anyway:( Also, you have a wait time on most new releases of about 2 weeks after they actually come out for sale to rent them unless they were a flop at the box office. Netflix is what I do now, yet there is also a waiting list for the new movies & streaming is only for limited titles. Just because something is the "new wave of the future" doesn't mean it's always best!
Having to be put on a waiting list at Netflix makes it no better than Redbox or Hastings then who both usually come out with their movies to rent at the same time. I would rather wait 2 weeks to rent a movie rather than spent $15.00 to $20.00 to buy the movie just to have the movie 2 weeks earlier. I could not imagine spending $20.00 for every movie that i want to watch instead of renting it just to watch it two weeks earlier.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Sep 24, 2012
Gallery Girl wrote:
Netflix is what I do now, yet there is also a waiting list for the new movies & streaming is only for limited titles.
Netflix CEO has said he plans on getting totally away from DVDs by eventually terminating the company's dvd by mail service which will leave just the streaming service.

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Sep 24, 2012
Gallery Girl wrote:
Just because something is the "new wave of the future" doesn't mean it's always best!
The company that owns Redbox also owns different services and is soon starting up many different kind of services that includes streaming their Redbox titles.
Gallery Girl

Little Rock, AR

#18 Sep 25, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Having to be put on a waiting list at Netflix makes it no better than Redbox or Hastings then who both usually come out with their movies to rent at the same time. I would rather wait 2 weeks to rent a movie rather than spent $15.00 to $20.00 to buy the movie just to have the movie 2 weeks earlier. I could not imagine spending $20.00 for every movie that i want to watch instead of renting it just to watch it two weeks earlier.
I would rather wait too. That was my point. Streaming is great if they would allow more titles. I rent the dvd's from Netflix because they do not stream many of the titles I wish to watch.Hopefully they would expand the title list then. Making streaming mandatory only makes movie watchers get home internet which is no longer unlimited. Also what about the people who live in the country who do not have HSI available? Seems like a $$ making scheme to me that has holes all in it.

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Sep 25, 2012
Gallery Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather wait too. That was my point. Streaming is great if they would allow more titles. I rent the dvd's from Netflix because they do not stream many of the titles I wish to watch.Hopefully they would expand the title list then. Making streaming mandatory only makes movie watchers get home internet which is no longer unlimited. Also what about the people who live in the country who do not have HSI available? Seems like a $$ making scheme to me that has holes all in it.
Redbox Instant will have more streaming titles so it has been rumored and will be able to be viewed via Verizon's Fios.. I think that Redbox Instant will only be available to Verizon customers though.
The company that owns Redbox, Coinstar, has so much limitless potential with it's different ventures that the legendary short seller and private equity firm owner Jim Chanos is rumored to be holding and creating a short position in the company with the help of his connections in hopes of running the share price of the company down via stock manipulation so he can get his hands on it through an acquisition at a lower share price.

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2012
Whether something is the "best" isn't really the point. The new way media is marketed is the future and it will be antiquated in a couple of new years and replaced by the next trend. Sadly, movie rental stores are soon to be memories. It's all about the most profitable way to operate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cross county sheriff's office 6 min Dumber 24
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Freedom isnt free 32,712
4 Word Game (Jun '11) 6 hr luci 16,726
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 6 hr luci 18,886
Word Game (Oct '10) 6 hr luci 1,564
Christmas parade 12 hr Beth 5
Another failure for wynne 12 hr Lou 7

Wynne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance