School board will discuss hazing inci...

School board will discuss hazing incident possibly involving noose

There are 72 comments on the WMC-TV Memphis story from Oct 3, 2012, titled School board will discuss hazing incident possibly involving noose. In it, WMC-TV Memphis reports that:

Today, a hazing incident possibly involving a noose will go before a school board in Wynne, Arkansas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC-TV Memphis.

“Pray,Love,Peace and compassion”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#47 Oct 5, 2012
X arkansas student wrote:
When a person is emotionally hurt or embarrassed the will hide it and cover up the truth. One question everyone is missing is how did the guys learn how to tie a noose. See what we do not understand is that a lot of whites pass on racist behavior and they then think its the norm, but this things are racist and hurtfull to black. Just the sight of a noose is hurtful and scary to plack people. So think about that when u say no harm. Living out side the state of arkansas I just shake my head at the racism that goes on there. My black people there need to pursue these racist behavior and shine as much light on it as they can and get these people who are doing it punished to the fullest and then they will learn
Any color, creed, or religion would be "hurt" by the site of s noose! STOP making this a race issue. Let me ask you this IF this supposed "hazing, lynching, hanging" (whatever you want to call it) had been done to noone other than white students would YOU (in general) be outraged then? No, the media, the world and the drama whoremongers would NOT care then. Stop with this stupid mess. Yes it was stupid, Yes it was dangerous, NO it was not a race.
friend

United States

#48 Oct 5, 2012
auntee wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you the smart one.First of all I am related to Mickey .The story he tells is he was scared for his life. He never told Mr.Watson shit so stop lying to cover your white friends.It happened just like it's being told by all the blacks who saw it.Why would you say Mickey is lying and why doesn't all the football players come forward and tell what happened.That would put a stop to it wouldn't it.Simple because your a liar and wont this to go away.Well it's not going away until you 7 are expelled.You are calling my mom a liar.Do you think Mickey is lying to his mom and the black community.Just by you saying get your mess straight I know you are Tanner and your little brother is one of the five who did this.I suggest you take your opinions and lying somewhere else.
So there were other blacks in there who saw it happen?? Why didnt they stop it, were they all scared?? They must all be scared!! The one on tv said he was scared it might happen to him, everybody scared of a few 9th graders!
i know how it works

Dallas, TX

#49 Oct 5, 2012
friend wrote:
<quoted text>So there were other blacks in there who saw it happen?? Why didnt they stop it, were they all scared?? They must all be scared!! The one on tv said he was scared it might happen to him, everybody scared of a few 9th graders!
yea when the few white boys run the team because of the parents and the coaches. Didnt u get the part he was scared to tell because he didnt want to kicked off the team.
another parent
#50 Oct 5, 2012
they didnt say anything because they thought it was a joke...
my opinion

Lubbock, TX

#51 Oct 5, 2012
I'm a 63 y/o white woman.I've picked cotton, chopped cotton and road in the back of the pick-up truck to the cotton fields with blacks. We'd go to the nearest shade tree and share bologna and bread and drink RC's..my parents never told us kids not to put a rope around any kids neck, common sense prevailed. I never told my kids not to do it, hoping common sense kicks in again but also I never told my kids not to jump off the shed roof to the trampoline, common sense didn't kick in. So I don't think these kids were being malicious, just no common sense and I'm including all involved. I don't think race or murder ever entered those kid's mind. They should All be punished including the "victim ". They were all involved so to me they're all victims .

Location hidden

#52 Oct 5, 2012
my opinion wrote:
I'm a 63 y/o white woman.I've picked cotton, chopped cotton and road in the back of the pick-up truck to the cotton fields with blacks. We'd go to the nearest shade tree and share bologna and bread and drink RC's..my parents never told us kids not to put a rope around any kids neck, common sense prevailed. I never told my kids not to do it, hoping common sense kicks in again but also I never told my kids not to jump off the shed roof to the trampoline, common sense didn't kick in. So I don't think these kids were being malicious, just no common sense and I'm including all involved. I don't think race or murder ever entered those kid's mind. They should All be punished including the "victim ". They were all involved so to me they're all victims .
Can we get an AMEN!?!
Enough

Andrews, TX

#53 Oct 6, 2012
The fact is this was a bunch of kids playing! It went to far but like it or not.. It was play!! The child most involved said it too!! Horse crap that he was scared!!! I talked to him because He came to me!!! He was upset that this got so big !! If hdvis pressured.. It's by the black people who claim to care do much. U have never put his feelings first !! Where is ur concern when they don't have power in their house or food !!! Get over ur stupid self!! That kid hangs with those boys at school and church!!! The very church u all dog!! Punishment was dealt and should have been given out to others who shared their racist comments prior to all this ... Push the incident however far you want... The families will ALL be looked at very closely .. Hope ur ghost don't fall out all over u... Public records speak volumes !!! U care about the boy.. Then stand behind HIS truth!! He never was dragged of hung.. He practiced football right after and the rest of the week with the same kids!! Thing is he is being punished... Taken off the team for his safety!! PLEASE!!! Ur a hypocritical bunch of money hungry selfish people !! U could care less about facts.. U r liers that want a Free ride... Get a job and a life.. Contribute to the community and make it better or better yet leave if its so bad !! It's a free country.. Surely another town would love to have you.. U put down the town and the people yet u do nothing !! Praises to all the kids who rise above the ignorance of their parents !! And just a note... U have no idea what all these kids do in that locker room.. They are 13-15 yr old boys... I bet they have done worse!!
Guest X
#54 Oct 6, 2012
if this incident is motivated by money exactly who ofered and how much were the white football players paid to do that to their black teammate?
OMG!

United States

#55 Oct 6, 2012
Guest X wrote:
if this incident is motivated by money exactly who ofered and how much were the white football players paid to do that to their black teammate?
Seriously??!! You are actually going to get on here and ask a stupid question like that??? No white fb players were paid to do anything! OMG! Get a life! Or better yet, a job!
its a shame

United States

#56 Oct 6, 2012
Enough wrote:
The fact is this was a bunch of kids playing! It went to far but like it or not.. It was play!! The child most involved said it too!! Horse crap that he was scared!!! I talked to him because He came to me!!! He was upset that this got so big !! If hdvis pressured.. It's by the black people who claim to care do much. U have never put his feelings first !! Where is ur concern when they don't have power in their house or food !!! Get over ur stupid self!! That kid hangs with those boys at school and church!!! The very church u all dog!! Punishment was dealt and should have been given out to others who shared their racist comments prior to all this ... Push the incident however far you want... The families will ALL be looked at very closely .. Hope ur ghost don't fall out all over u... Public records speak volumes !!! U care about the boy.. Then stand behind HIS truth!! He never was dragged of hung.. He practiced football right after and the rest of the week with the same kids!! Thing is he is being punished... Taken off the team for his safety!! PLEASE!!! Ur a hypocritical bunch of money hungry selfish people !! U could care less about facts.. U r liers that want a Free ride... Get a job and a life.. Contribute to the community and make it better or better yet leave if its so bad !! It's a free country.. Surely another town would love to have you.. U put down the town and the people yet u do nothing !! Praises to all the kids who rise above the ignorance of their parents !! And just a note... U have no idea what all these kids do in that locker room.. They are 13-15 yr old boys... I bet they have done worse!!
That the black community has made this a racial incident and yet THEY are the very ones the child is afraid of. The black community and his mother owe him and this community an apology !

Location hidden

#57 Oct 6, 2012
[QUOTE who="OMG!"]<quote d text>Seriously??!! You are actually going to get on here and ask a stupid question like that??? No white fb players were paid to do anything! OMG! Get a life! Or better yet, a job![/QUOTE]

They were talking about the mom expecting a payday NOT the students.

Location hidden

#58 Oct 6, 2012
its a shame wrote:
<quoted text>That the black community has made this a racial incident and yet THEY are the very ones the child is afraid of. The black community and his mother owe him and this community an apology !
There should NOT be a this community and a that community! MY community is full of all people, all shapes, colors and sizes.
Nappy Roots NOT Nappy

United States

#59 Oct 6, 2012
Don't clump me in with the stupid segment of the so-called "black community"! Most blacks are rational thinking individuals, but it's that loud uneducated vocal minority that you keep seeing on tv, and who keeps mess stirred up. The black population these days are divided between the sheep(Jesse Jackson and Al Shaprton followers), and the ones like me who believe in something called personal responsibility. Blacks always want to play a victim, and that's shameful.
its a shame

Atlanta, TX

#60 Oct 6, 2012
xVoice Of Reasonx wrote:
<quoted text>There should NOT be a this community and a that community! MY community is full of all people, all shapes, colors and sizes.
You are absolutely right. However, how else would you describe those who are hell bent that they make this a racial incident when it was obviously boys, black and white, playing around. Poor choice indeed, someone could have been seriously hurt, black or white. Now they want to march for injustice??
Nappy Roots NOT Nappy

United States

#61 Oct 6, 2012
its a shame wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. However, how else would you describe those who are hell bent that they make this a racial incident when it was obviously boys, black and white, playing around. Poor choice indeed, someone could have been seriously hurt, black or white. Now they want to march for injustice??
If they are marching to end hazing, then cool, but trying to inject race into this is shameful. Every incident between blacks and whites isn't about race. These kids weren't even thinking about skin color when this happened... I think some of you old farts forget that the kids involved in this were just born in the late 90s... The only thing that generation knows about racism is what they read in history books.
xVoice of Reasonx

United States

#62 Oct 6, 2012
Nappy Roots NOT Nappy wrote:
<quoted text>If they are marching to end hazing, then cool, but trying to inject race into this is shameful. Every incident between blacks and whites isn't about race. These kids weren't even thinking about skin color when this happened... I think some of you old farts forget that the kids involved in this were just born in the late 90s... The only thing that generation knows about racism is what they read in history books.
It's not the "old farts" you see causing all the hoopla it's the younger ones who wouldn't know what history was if it bit them where they sit that is causing all the crap. I for one am sick as hell of the lets all blame the other color card. Why don't we blame the media for not getting ALL sides of the story from the only ones who know the TRUTH? Why don't we blame the parents who are to busy worrying about how THEY feel to think about their son who has got to be turned inside out over all this.? Why don't we STOP worrying about what color someone's skin is and worry about what WE can do to make this a better place?. Why don't we worry about treating others how we would want to be treated?
FUN NAPPY Selmer thats ME

Kiana, AK

#63 Oct 6, 2012
Don't clump me in with the stupid segment of the so-called "black community"!
I've not read all of the posts, but did someone call you out specifically? We all know how smart you are. We know you're not a dunce. We know you dislike the delta. We know you're a suave educated lady. You've told us time and time again. You're one educated sistuh. Good job! Maybe one day you'll find it within yourself to return to these parts and help us dolts find deliverance from our stupidity.

Kiana, AK

#64 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
These kids weren't even thinking about skin color when this happened... I think some of you old farts forget that the kids involved in this were just born in the late 90s... The only thing that generation knows about racism is what they read in history books.
Gosh, you're so smart. You know what others are thinking. Hmmm, Judge Judy tells'em on her show, that has over 10,000,000 viewers, not to say what others are thinking because that says you can enter their minds, and Judge Judy again who has over 10,000,000 viewers is pretty smart but not as smart as you, Nappy Roots. But she makes a tad bit more than $60k a year according to her. But you rock, nappy roots and all.

Kiana, AK

#65 Oct 6, 2012
xVoice of Reasonx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the "old farts" you see causing all the hoopla it's the younger ones who wouldn't know what history was if it bit them where they sit that is causing all the crap. I for one am sick as hell of the lets all blame the other color card. Why don't we blame the media for not getting ALL sides of the story from the only ones who know the TRUTH? Why don't we blame the parents who are to busy worrying about how THEY feel to think about their son who has got to be turned inside out over all this.? Why don't we STOP worrying about what color someone's skin is and worry about what WE can do to make this a better place?. Why don't we worry about treating others how we would want to be treated?
Why? That's easy. It's because satan is sitting back smiling and licking his lips.

I know one thing-yawl jez owe me.
xVoice of Reasonx

United States

#66 Oct 6, 2012
FUN NAPPY Selmer thats ME wrote:
<quoted text>Why? That's easy. It's because satan is sitting back smiling and licking his lips.

I know one thing-yawl jez owe me.
Well YOU OWE me a watermelon ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Word Game (Jun '11) 15 min luci 18,878
Word Game (Oct '10) 16 min luci 4,390
Three word game (Feb '09) 17 min luci 2,116
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 17 min luci 22,878
Sick of this crap 26 min Justin and Veronica 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 40,081
Wayne and Wilma forth 2 hr Problemsolver88 1

Wynne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance