Atheism Rising

Dec 5, 2012 Full story: Houston Press 765

It's a warm fall morning near the Texas State Capitol's south steps, and there's a fight brewing.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#550 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So called moderate Muslims enjoy these attacks as well as extremists. They will give a two second lip service to the victims and then immediately go into... Well if the Jews didn't exist things like this wouldn't happen... Or something along those lines.
<quoted text>
There is some truth in what you say-- if the moderates >>really<< wanted to change things?

They'd do more to condemn the zealots than lip service.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#551 Apr 20, 2013
They barely even do that! Show me this great moderate Muslim movement asking for peace with the Jews? Lol!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>There is some truth in what you say-- if the moderates >>really<< wanted to change things?

They'd do more to condemn the zealots than lip service.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#552 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
They barely even do that! Show me this great moderate Muslim movement asking for peace with the Jews? Lol!
<quoted text>
That's a good point-- and puts-paid to all their claims of ... "peace".

Doesn't it?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#553 Apr 20, 2013
Show me the Muslim who condemns martyrs. Lol!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good point-- and puts-paid to all their claims of ... "peace".

Doesn't it?
David

Ballwin, MO

#554 Apr 21, 2013
Could it be that Islam is a satanic cult? I know that atheists do not believe in Satan either but just for the sake of conversation... IF Satan is real, and the stories on him are true, then his design is to steal, kill, or destroy as much as he can. So what better way than to 'create' a false religion (Islam) with a false god (Allah) that tells people to kill anyone who believes differently! Kind of starts fitting into the whole anti-Christ thing, to me! Just saying.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#555 Apr 21, 2013
David wrote:
Could it be that Islam is a satanic cult? I know that atheists do not believe in Satan either but just for the sake of conversation... IF Satan is real, and the stories on him are true, then his design is to steal, kill, or destroy as much as he can. So what better way than to 'create' a false religion (Islam) with a false god (Allah) that tells people to kill anyone who believes differently! Kind of starts fitting into the whole anti-Christ thing, to me! Just saying.
Sounds kind of like the god of the Bible to me. He also instructs his followers to kill those who exercise freedom of religion.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#556 Apr 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds kind of like the god of the Bible to me. He also instructs his followers to kill those who exercise freedom of religion.
Well that's true satan has a lower head count.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#557 Apr 21, 2013
David wrote:
Could it be that Islam is a satanic cult? I know that atheists do not believe in Satan either but just for the sake of conversation... IF Satan is real, and the stories on him are true, then his design is to steal, kill, or destroy as much as he can. So what better way than to 'create' a false religion (Islam) with a false god (Allah) that tells people to kill anyone who believes differently! Kind of starts fitting into the whole anti-Christ thing, to me! Just saying.
It is much more likely that if satan is real?

He's actually the >>good<< guy, and bible-god is the evil one.

Just judging from all the evil committed by bible-god, and the scant little action we read about satan.

After all, if bible-god is the evil one, he'd naturally lie about his rival, satan...

... right?

<amusing, but essentially very silly speculation>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#558 Apr 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds kind of like the god of the Bible to me. He also instructs his followers to kill those who exercise freedom of religion.
Indeed.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#559 Apr 21, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's true satan has a lower head count.
Indeed-- all according to the very questionable bible, too.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#560 Apr 22, 2013
David wrote:
Could it be that Islam is a satanic cult? I know that atheists do not believe in Satan either but just for the sake of conversation... IF Satan is real, and the stories on him are true, then his design is to steal, kill, or destroy as much as he can. So what better way than to 'create' a false religion (Islam) with a false god (Allah) that tells people to kill anyone who believes differently! Kind of starts fitting into the whole anti-Christ thing, to me! Just saying.
There is no difference, the Satanic cult is just as Christain as is any of the god cults. Think about it. Who made Satan, who programmed him to revolt? This fractured god you've got(Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah) is in Satan, he is everywhere, he is in everything. He is calling the shots, and he can harden a heart, or make a bet with Satan on how you will take being tortured. Who's the bad guy here?

"Anti-Christ" is a load of crap, Jesus Christ is an imposter. The bible clearly prophesies, Emmanuel is to be the savior, and he never showed up. Add to that, Jesus lied about when he would return as a freaking zombie. He claimed that it would be in the lifetime's of those he was speaking to, and that was two thousand plus years ago. I don't think any of his audience, that day, is still alive. Do you?

BTW: Read the buybull, Jehovah tells his followers to kill, rob and rape the ones who do not believe as his followers do.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#561 Apr 22, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, turns out they were atheist.
Is that what you think Islam is? An atheist religion, that just happens to have the same god as the Christains and the Jews do?

Q. Tell me the reasoning that would make a person with no silly make believe god-myths, stoop to hurting those who do.
A. There is no reason that they would.

Q.Now turn that around, tell me why the religitards would care to hurt those who do not believe as they do.
A. The answer is, because their god has instructed them to, he rewards them, because they do.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#563 Apr 22, 2013
Asking KJV to actually use reason and not just repost spam?

You wicked wicked person!

:)
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you think Islam is? An atheist religion, that just happens to have the same god as the Christains and the Jews do?

Q. Tell me the reasoning that would make a person with no silly make believe god-myths, stoop to hurting those who do.
A. There is no reason that they would.

Q.Now turn that around, tell me why the religitards would care to hurt those who do not believe as they do.
A. The answer is, because their god has instructed them to, he rewards them, because they do.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#564 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Asking KJV to actually use reason and not just repost spam?
You wicked wicked person!
:)
<quoted text>
If I weren't so good at it, I wouldn't keep doing it.

:D

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#565 Apr 22, 2013
Atheism Rising? Of course it is.
The Bible predicted it would...

Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat : 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#566 Apr 22, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

Thanks for the laugh! Whew I needed that!:)
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Atheism Rising? Of course it is.
The Bible predicted it would...

Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat : 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#567 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It isn't the word of god it's a hodge podge collection of stolen and rewritten desert folk tales.
<quoted text>
Well, here is your hodge-podge collection of stolen and rewritten desert folk tales you mentioned below... Hope it works out for ya!

Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”

Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”

Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”

Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”

Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#568 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!
Thanks for the laugh! Whew I needed that!:)
<quoted text>
You are welcome... would you like more?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#569 Apr 22, 2013
Yes all stolen from the local Hellenistic religion.

Christianity couldn't even come up with their own boogeyman!

Lmfao!

You Christholes are so funny! Thanks for the laughs idiots!
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>Well, here is your hodge-podge collection of stolen and rewritten desert folk tales you mentioned below... Hope it works out for ya!

Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”

Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”

Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”

Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”

Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”:)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#570 Apr 22, 2013
Here's one for you! By following Christianity nobody goes to heaven.

Why?

Because when you go to heaven you are completely changed to fit in with all the other drones who sing praises to god all day. Anything that was you is now gone. Hence nobody goes to heaven even if it exists.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome... would you like more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wylie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Farts 775
Sports Bar in Wylie (Nov '06) 12 hr zatzos1 40
I was arrested in Wylie for having Pepper Spray! (Aug '09) Jan 19 Kno whatumean 33
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 19 Farts 612
Moving to Wylie (Dec '08) Jan 17 Avary 31
rapture? Jan 9 HEATH - 72 1
apartments in garland to stay away from Jan 3 the new guy 1

Wylie News Video

Wylie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wylie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better