Ed and Elaine Brown have every right ...

Ed and Elaine Brown have every right to say NO!!!!

Posted in the Wylie Forum

Grandmother

Keller, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2007
Taxes weren't always such a treacherous undertaking. For a long time, this country was run on very limited funds. Up until the early 1800s, the government was run purely on internal sales taxes and revenue from a gigantic powdered wig closeout sale. Then, in 1817, the government got rid of internal taxes and functioned completely on tariffs on imported goods.

Can you imagine running the bloated monster of a federal government we have today solely on the 4 percent we'd get from taxes imposed on imports of running shoes and plastic novelty poop?

We were created with the ability to create. All this is evidenced in the brilliance of many of our finest moments, from medicine to art to science but that all came to an end with the adoption of the 16th Amendment in 1913. The amendment gave Congress legal authority to tax income and resulted in a revenue law that taxed incomes of both individuals and corporations.

At that point, all the creative energy that would have gone into curing disease, designing grand buildings, creating art and music and exploring the farthest reaches of the universe now goes into trying to figure out a way to write off our lawnmower as a dependent or simply to hide out in a "fortified compound" in New Hampshire waiting for the tear gas to come flying through the window.

Here's what is really irksome about Ed and Elaine Brown's situation. They are legal American citizens surrounded by their own government. In the meantime, many members of Congress, along with President Bush, are pushing to legalize 12 million "undocumented workers" (the artist formerly known as "illegal aliens") while forgiving them any back taxes owed, along with any IRS fines.

Ed and Elaine Brown should renounce their citizenship, declare themselves "undocumented workers" and then push for the passage of an immigration "reform" bill. Their tax problem would be solved, and they'd be free. Maybe we should all do this.

Until American citizens are afforded at least the same rights and privileges that our politicians seek for illegal aliens, the government must free Ed and Elaine Brown!

Now if you don't mind, I have to run along and repair the screen door on my "fortified compound."

----------

Related special offer:

"Tired of paying too many taxes for too much government? Take a stand. Revolt!"

----------

Doug Powers' columns appear every Monday on WorldNetDaily
Common Sense

Fountain Hills, AZ

#2 Jun 21, 2007
Shoot 'em - the sooner the better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wylie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for my brother who i havent seen since ... Tue paradise 2
Garland Soccer (Mar '15) Mar '17 Soapboxmom 47
Cooper Junior High ( Coach Adams ) (May '15) Feb '17 WHS 2
Roofer Jan '17 Angie 2
News Kraft's salad dressing fix: Shake up well (Feb '08) Jan '17 Toby 54
News Ex-officer admits several scams (Dec '06) Jan '17 Victim 175
Loan Sharks Dec '16 wondering 2

Wylie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance