anonymous

Paterson, NJ

#1 Jan 13, 2007
A rare case of bacterial meningitis has Ramapo High school in a scare. 2 cases were reported of students who are currently in the hospital. Sports have already been postponed, as the state department has become involved. If anyone is a student of Ramapo High school and is worried about their health, here are a few key factors to knowing if you need to go to a doctor right away:

If you have a high fever
Stiff Neck
Or a rash

Bacterial Meningitis is contagious, but not as highly as the flu or common cold. You have to have been in close or prolongued contact with the other person who has it.(IE: Kissing, sharing of utensils, being coughed or sneezed on directly.) Being in the classroom as the same person or them only breathing on you should not result in the disease being transmitted.

Here is a link for anyone who is interested on the disease:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyckoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops say teen had sex with young cousin (Feb '09) Aug 15 Jersey Girl 2
Allendale Police Officer having an affair Aug 12 Jersey Girl 1
News Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) Aug 10 the shore 61
Joe Giudice Don't Bend Over in the Shower Jul '16 The Punisher 2
Ridgewood Art Institute Jun '16 G Hawthorne 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Wyckoff, NJ (Jan '12) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
News Captain from prosecutor's office will oversee W... Mar '16 Right On 1

Wyckoff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wyckoff Mortgages