What happened to Wyatt?

What happened to Wyatt?

Posted in the Wyatt Forum

blast from the past

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2012
What in the world happened to Wyatt? Been gone awhile and came back for a visit. This place is a disaster and Charleston is a total mess!
YUP

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2012
Things really have gone down hill. Came back to visit the folks and it gets more depressing each time. I want them to leave, it is just not safe anymore. I miss Mrs. Clark at city hall. She was really good at keeping their bills straight and was easy to talk to when we had a question. I hate city hall now, sooo arrogant and they don't know crap.
Agreed

Farmington, MO

#3 Nov 1, 2012
It's such a shame n even Halloween isn't the same anymore . This town has gotten really pathetic n it's because alot of ppl don't want to do their jobs around here. They are sitting on their lazy butts waiting for town grants blowing town funds when they could be working with the resources that we do have. We have land for a park ppl. Did u know that? We can clean this place up n make it some semblance of what it once was or maybe even better. Doesn't take much to have a fund raiser or small town events. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and do their job. Being the mayor or being on the city coucil isnt supposed to be a cushy position. Some changes have to be made
Agreed

Farmington, MO

#4 Nov 1, 2012
Everybody is so afraid to have the younger generation on city council but maybe that's what we need. The kids who grew up here and want to restore the town to what it once was. Who has the passion n drive to do so

Lockhart, TX

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Agreed wrote:
It's such a shame n even Halloween isn't the same anymore . This town has gotten really pathetic n it's because alot of ppl don't want to do their jobs around here. They are sitting on their lazy butts waiting for town grants blowing town funds when they could be working with the resources that we do have. We have land for a park ppl. Did u know that? We can clean this place up n make it some semblance of what it once was or maybe even better. Doesn't take much to have a fund raiser or small town events. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and do their job. Being the mayor or being on the city coucil isnt supposed to be a cushy position. Some changes have to be made
Where is land for a park that is owned by the city?
Marie

Mexico, MO

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is land for a park that is owned by the city?
there is land open over by the post office that the city owns. Also there is the lot across the street which is part of the land that mr Fitzgerald bought that would be perfect forva park as well. I believe they used to call it the old baseball field. Now I know mr fitzgerald has plans for part of the land but not sure about that lot. It would be worth talking to him about if he has no use for it. Not only that but to get rid of some of these eye sores would definately bring property value up which I know some of you would appreciate. This is a family community. Sure it has gone downhill. Thats what happens when we as a community fail to take care of what we have with the resources we do have. It can happen to any town. Still it doesn't need much to be restored to it's former glory. Baby steps sometimes turns out to be the turning point for the better. Not only that but we have something that other people desperately look for when searching for a place to raise their families. That wholesomeness. Sure it's buried beneath dust and negligence but it can used to our advantage. Another thing that would be a phenomenal idea if someone had te time and money would be to restore the Wyatt junction cafe. We get pretty decent traffic through there these days and sure we have the truck stop down the road but who wants to stop with ther kids there with manufactured precooked meals. why not reopen the Wyatt junction one day. Make it an establishment that when you walk in it feels like you are stepping into a piece of the past. Ya know there were times that place attracted famous people such as Steve McQueen and Joan woodworth. Just a thought

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyatt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Housing Or Third World 6 hr three blocks 1
Nutritin center 8 hr A guy from 10
Travis s who else is he seeing or is his baby m... 9 hr Need to know 14
Need to know 21 hr Need to know 5
Teachers/Admin leaving (May '16) Jan 20 Guest 53
Brittney D (Mar '17) Jan 19 Gameon 4
Nipsy Russel to play at Charleston vfw tomorrow... Jan 18 KINGkrapo 1

Wyatt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance