Habitat for Humanity's new homes on L...

Habitat for Humanity's new homes on Long Island

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Habitat for Humanity's new homes on Long Island. In it, Newsday reports that:

Only now is Kathy Governale starting to recover emotionally. "For a long time, I was bitter," says Governale, 31, of Mastic Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

zeezee091

Valley Stream, NY

#1 Dec 26, 2007
kathy governale is all talk. How dare she accept the gifts from the church. She might not even go to that church and help them too. While other people out their that are less fortunate than her, she still accepts the gift. Christmas is not about gifts, its about love.
I'd rather have a more needed famiily to be adopted by the lutharin church .agreeable??
NYC

Bronx, NY

#2 May 8, 2008
who whould write this?
duffff

Redmond, WA

#3 Dec 2, 2008
I know kat, it's nelson she was with sal governale. And he took cre of her she is a fraud. And thats the btm line.
Kathy

Greenlawn, NY

#4 Oct 8, 2009
Well Nelson I am sorry to say that you are sadly mistaken. I was the one that had always taken care of Mr. Sal Governale. He never took care of his family and to this day he does not take care of his children. So before you go on making ignorant comments like that get the facts. Trust me on that...
Kathy

Greenlawn, NY

#5 Oct 8, 2009
As for your comments, you are wrong, you do not know me and my family and I think that it is very sad that you would look to tarnish something that was so beautiful for me and most importantly my children. One thing that is true is that I will never be able to repay all the beautiful, caring people that helped me and my family during a very hard time of need. The only way that we are able to pay back is by "paying it forward", something that myself and my children will always do.

I am very sorry that you feel that another family deserved help, who knows maybe you needed the help, but by saying negative comments is not how to handle it. God bless...the Governale Family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyandanch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 2 hr save your souls 2,848
The loud music is out control in Brentwood (Aug '14) 3 hr Puffnstuff 13
Update: Heartland has passed, construction to b... 17 hr Islip Resident 38
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 20 hr save your souls 8,760
News Sayville food pantry waiting on Islip Town to m... Fri Baby Tom Risley 77
stadium next to macarthur airport Apr 18 easy rider 9
News Residents loudly complain about noise ordinance - (Sep '07) Apr 17 Crankycraig 167

Wyandanch Jobs

Personal Finance

Wyandanch Mortgages