Wyandanch Boy Killed In Street By Gun...

Wyandanch Boy Killed In Street By Gunshot

There are 55 comments on the Long Island Press story from Sep 26, 2010, titled Wyandanch Boy Killed In Street By Gunshot. In it, Long Island Press reports that:

Suffolk County Police are currently investigating the shooting death of a 16-year-old boy in Wyandanch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Island Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wyandanch losers

Lavallette, NJ

#1 Sep 26, 2010
The gang members in Wyandanch need to be eliminated. Too many useless black men running around acting like they are on the set of a movie. If they like to shoot guns so much, whenever you get arrested for a gun charge, the police should drop your behind off in Afghanistan. That way, you can shoot all you want, and prove to everyone how gangster you really are. They need to eradicate the unemployed gang bangers and make it a safe place for the hard working citizens. I am sitting now with my kids in my bed after another group of useless black men shot up a home near us. The last thing I need is for some low life to kill my children. I want to move out of here as soon as possible, because I don't want my son to think that every black man he sees is a low life gang banger. The police really need to earn their six figure salaries by working in Wyandanch. Stop sitting at the fire house and earn your pay! Help the contributing members of society sleep soundly in their beds. Everytime the police pass those good for nothing men standing around on Straight Path, they should come back with a paddywagon and scoop all their butt up. If you are working, you will never get put in the paddywagon. There is no reason to stand on the street making people feel uneasy about going into the stores to shop where they live. I guarantee you right now that if those same useless black men were standing in front of the liquor store in North Babylon's Sunset Plaza, the police would be there in two seconds to arrest them. Why don't the respectful people in Wyandsnch deserve the same courtesy? We hate these gangbangers as much as every other citizen!!!!!!
ann

United States

#2 Sep 27, 2010
U got a lot 0f nerve
This makes sense to me

AOL

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Wyandanch losers wrote:
The gang members in Wyandanch need to be eliminated. Too many useless black men running around acting like they are on the set of a movie. If they like to shoot guns so much, whenever you get arrested for a gun charge, the police should drop your behind off in Afghanistan. That way, you can shoot all you want, and prove to everyone how gangster you really are. They need to eradicate the unemployed gang bangers and make it a safe place for the hard working citizens. I am sitting now with my kids in my bed after another group of useless black men shot up a home near us. The last thing I need is for some low life to kill my children. I want to move out of here as soon as possible, because I don't want my son to think that every black man he sees is a low life gang banger. The police really need to earn their six figure salaries by working in Wyandanch. Stop sitting at the fire house and earn your pay! Help the contributing members of society sleep soundly in their beds. Everytime the police pass those good for nothing men standing around on Straight Path, they should come back with a paddywagon and scoop all their butt up. If you are working, you will never get put in the paddywagon. There is no reason to stand on the street making people feel uneasy about going into the stores to shop where they live. I guarantee you right now that if those same useless black men were standing in front of the liquor store in North Babylon's Sunset Plaza, the police would be there in two seconds to arrest them. Why don't the respectful people in Wyandsnch deserve the same courtesy? We hate these gangbangers as much as every other citizen!!!!!!
You know what, when I first started to read this, I thought you were at first going into the direction of insulting all of the people in Wyandanch. After reading the entire comment, you are definitely on point. I am a homeowner for 20 years in Wyandanch and my husband and I work and want our community to be nice and safe. I too am sick of the low lifes that decorate Straight Path and do not work. I love your idea about the gang bangers who shoot people to be dropped off in Afghanistan. Excellent post!
This makes sense to me

AOL

#4 Sep 27, 2010
ann wrote:
U got a lot 0f nerve
He/she is telling it like it is. Those people are useless more than likely they don't work, don't own anything and just don't care and as a homeowner in the community I am sick of it. Why don't those people stay in their own yards (backyard) and decorate that. They won't stay in their own place because they are not happy there, but maybe if they fix it up they won't mine; instead of subjecting every decent person who would like to stop and go into the store to their ignorance.That is the exact reason why other communities don't want us folks living in their nice communities because of the nonsense, stupidity, ignorance,and lack of education. Instead of decorating straight path, I am sure they would all qualify for aid so that they could attend school and get their life together. As a taxpayer( for a long time) I am tired of supporting these people. I am sure they receive some sort of assistance.(in fact I know that some of them do)And the idiots that are running around with guns should be dropped off in Afghanistan and they would really see how tough they are. Our community would become a safe place and a nice place. So, let's stop getting annoyed when someone else speaks the truth.
wizzle

New York, NY

#5 Sep 27, 2010
live by it die by it
bbb

White Plains, NY

#6 Sep 27, 2010
while reading the article in the paper, it stated the family doesnt believe the cops story. well theres a surprise! his aunt used the defense of "if he was going to rob someone why didnt he have a gun to fight back??" goes to show the mentality of these people. FIGHT BACK?? he was breaking into someones home to steal THEIR personal belongings. he doesnt have the right to fight back!! as sad as this is for his child, obviously he will now grow up w/o a father. last night 2 more people were shot by the house of the dead kid. there is a hell of a lot more to this story im sure. when the hell does it end?? this makes me sick.
bbb

White Plains, NY

#7 Sep 27, 2010
ann wrote:
U got a lot 0f nerve
why?? this person spoke the truth. what is there, a black wall of silence?? no one is supposed to speak ill of wyandanch?? bull shit!! its full of criminals and degenerates that feel they have the right to commit all the crimes they want and if the victims fight back they get MURDERED!! enough already!! there are decent hard working people in that town who have the right to live peacefully. it is just sad the way people think. this kid should have been home w/his baby, instead hes on ice at the county morgue because he decided to be a criminal in training.
Concerned parent

Roseland, NJ

#8 Sep 27, 2010
At first i thought that the writer was going down the race street. Though I don't agree with all that was said, i do agree with the cleaning up of the street. Not everyone that you see on the corner are bad guys. I came from that corner, and i was not doing drugs, i was not in a gang. I liked most of the guys there. i understand the guilty by association thing. However to go out your way and call them losers is not right. i am a successful black man with a beautiful family and a great love for Christ. Am i concerned? yes, but i am also concerned about the people in the town that do not come out to the school meetings and the town meetings. Do your part, and maybe the black people that you are referring to will do their part. All im saying is it is easy to point out the negative in our people. But their are some who come off the corner and make something out of themselves.
Lucie

Sevierville, TN

#9 Sep 27, 2010
Hmmm, 3am? We as parents need to know at all times where our children are! Put alarms at windows and doors (inside and outside if need be) Whatever it takes to keep them in. Sleep in shifts, if need be. This attitude "not my child" has got to change to "maybe my child" attitude. The community sees loitering? call the police! Don't wait for someone else to call. If you want your neighborhood back take steps to clean it up. Make the gangs uncomfortable there because the cops are there all the time. If you see gangs there call police. you don't need to give name, and if you do, be sure to tell dispatcher to NOT put your name on air! They will listen. Gangs know that no one will call on them, they figure people are scared of them.
juscrazy

New York, NY

#10 Sep 27, 2010
This shyt need to end.....What are the parents promoting out there? First of all looking at the bigger picture the kid was 16 years old with a 2 year old child what the sheesh..so with that enuf is said u can gather the rest just from that a 16 year with a child of his own......Now he went to rob the next man home, thats a violation. First of all the parents need to acknowledge that fact and note that they child was wrong...So the mom of the child shouldnt have made that dumb ass statement saying ( if he was going to rob somebody why he didnt have a gun to fight back). From a mother to another mother that was a dumb ass statement so we all know what he was being taught at home....Here we go the parents of the younger generation needs to grasp your children if you love them like you think yes think you do...Shyt is only going to get worse there is no respect in that town. Wake up peoples somebody is coming to your home (in case we forgot a home is A place where one lives; a residence,environment offering security and happiness)and shooting. Thats a disrespect in my book and i dont think i will be able to sleep in peace. The problem is you got kids having kids and none of these children are getting the proper guidance...This shyte makes me upset..have a blessed day
tee

Flushing, NY

#11 Sep 27, 2010
Maybe if these people learn to be parent to their children some of these shootings would not happen. Those kids should not be out that time of the night.Most of the kids are raising themselve because the parents are either in the steet with them or in jail. It is sad.I use to be a resident of wyandanch I bust my but and got my children out of there. This kids need to stop killing each other and messing up their lives. The police dont care,let all the nnnn kill them selves and they so stupidthey are doing it
george carlin

Amityville, NY

#12 Sep 27, 2010
Hitler for Mayor of Wyandanch!
Concerned person

Baldwin, NY

#13 Sep 27, 2010
Concerned parent wrote:
At first i thought that the writer was going down the race street. Though I don't agree with all that was said, i do agree with the cleaning up of the street. Not everyone that you see on the corner are bad guys. I came from that corner, and i was not doing drugs, i was not in a gang. I liked most of the guys there. i understand the guilty by association thing. However to go out your way and call them losers is not right. i am a successful black man with a beautiful family and a great love for Christ. Am i concerned? yes, but i am also concerned about the people in the town that do not come out to the school meetings and the town meetings. Do your part, and maybe the black people that you are referring to will do their part. All im saying is it is easy to point out the negative in our people. But their are some who come off the corner and make something out of themselves.
Excuse me, "do your part". I disagree with that. People have to be responsible for themselves and "do their part". Hanging on the street corner is "not doing your part." They need to occupy their time by doing something constructive besides hanging on the corner like getting a job, taking care of their children,and go back to school so that they can be productive positive citizens. Let's not make excuses. Parent's must talk to their teenagers and teach them from day one that you do not take from other people. Unfortunately, this young man was not taught that and lost his life at a young age because of it. He has a baby and instead of him being home helping with that baby, he is out robbing. So sad! I hope his home boys who were with him have learned something from this sad incident.
Concerned person

Baldwin, NY

#14 Sep 27, 2010
tee wrote:
Maybe if these people learn to be parent to their children some of these shootings would not happen. Those kids should not be out that time of the night.Most of the kids are raising themselve because the parents are either in the steet with them or in jail. It is sad.I use to be a resident of wyandanch I bust my but and got my children out of there. This kids need to stop killing each other and messing up their lives. The police dont care,let all the nnnn kill them selves and they so stupidthey are doing it
You are 100% right!
Do The Math

AOL

#15 Sep 27, 2010
He was 16, his baby is 21 months old...
How old was he when he father'd this child..
Where were his parents then....
Where are they now ...
Family cry'n like he was innocent...
Are they on a State of Federal vacation-Upstate?
smh

United States

#16 Sep 27, 2010
Teenagers now a days r a lot more careless and bold and will do any thing for so called respect and their reputation. That 16 yr old that got killed broke in because he was dared to...wtf is that. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a time u would be dared to kiss a girl or cut class but breaking & entering ridiculous. Then his friends getting shot before they got the chance to do something stupid...unfortunately this isn't over because the cops won't do anything about it and "the boys" aren't going to let it rest its all about "respect" by any means necessary...that's all these kids...babies know. This is very sad...smh
bbb

White Plains, NY

#17 Sep 27, 2010
smh wrote:
Teenagers now a days r a lot more careless and bold and will do any thing for so called respect and their reputation. That 16 yr old that got killed broke in because he was dared to...wtf is that. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a time u would be dared to kiss a girl or cut class but breaking & entering ridiculous. Then his friends getting shot before they got the chance to do something stupid...unfortunately this isn't over because the cops won't do anything about it and "the boys" aren't going to let it rest its all about "respect" by any means necessary...that's all these kids...babies know. This is very sad...smh
respect??? by whose standards?? why blame the cops?? well thats the easy way out. he wasnt dared. he was told when the place was broken into last week how much stuff was supposedly in the house. he like so many felt he had the right to have this persons personal stuff!!!! i bet with the second shooting there is more than meets the eye. someone was trying to keep them quiet. stupid choices make for tragic endings. i have no sympathy for the kid. i feel bad for his baby.
Concerned person

United States

#18 Sep 28, 2010
smh wrote:
Teenagers now a days r a lot more careless and bold and will do any thing for so called respect and their reputation. That 16 yr old that got killed broke in because he was dared to...wtf is that. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a time u would be dared to kiss a girl or cut class but breaking & entering ridiculous. Then his friends getting shot before they got the chance to do something stupid...unfortunately this isn't over because the cops won't do anything about it and "the boys" aren't going to let it rest its all about "respect" by any means necessary...that's all these kids...babies know. This is very sad...smh
You make some very good points!
Lucie

Sevierville, TN

#19 Sep 30, 2010
Concerned person wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some very good points!
yeh, it is like a vicious cycle that needs to be broken.
oh yeah

Coram, NY

#20 Sep 30, 2010
yes we can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyandanch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 3 hr Bruser 8,319
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) 6 hr mommyira 80
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... Wed Phenry1984 1
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Tue political bulldog 37
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Jul 26 Bruser 2,651
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Jul 25 shame on you 2
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Jul 24 Dave 63

Wyandanch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wyandanch Mortgages