Wyandanch administrators face fight t...

Wyandanch administrators face fight to save their jobs

There are 45 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Wyandanch administrators face fight to save their jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

Wyandanch administrators seemed to be on a roll last winter, after the district's Milton L. Olive Middle School boosted its test scores enough to win removal from the state's list of lowest-achieving schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MRC Ex LIer Ft Myers Fl

Fort Myers, FL

#46 Nov 7, 2008
Blabber Mouth wrote:
Wyandanch is ghetto hell hole if you want to get shoot and killed. Nothing but crack, hookers, wellfare, and crime in Wyandanch.
I guess you would know since YOU are one. So spread your STDs and AIDS you infected diseased unHuman person you are.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#47 Nov 26, 2008
MRC Ex LIer Ft Myers Fl wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you would know since YOU are one. So spread your STDs and AIDS you infected diseased unHuman person you are.
We gain nothing by stooping down to their level. Their behavior is a reflection of their character. To respond in kindness actually frustrates them, because we do not fulfill their desire to be confrontational. Ironically, they only have this desire on-line. The people who make these disrespectful comments are cowards; they fear black men, desire black women, but lack the courage and manhood to go near either group.

Stay above the fold, do what you do; stay informed, stay positive, and fight the good fight.
Long Island Resident

Bronx, NY

#48 Nov 27, 2008
Wyandanch is an economically challenged community on Long Island. This doesn't mean that everyone living in the community has a wreckless lifestyle. There are plenty of hard working adults and children in the community. Is the community faced with challenges? Yes! However, there are many people working hard to better the community. While the school district has been faced with major challenges, the principals and teachers are wonderful, caring people! There are honor students with perfect attendance. I'm not sure why this would surprise to anyone.

It's very unfortunate that someone would want to spend any amount of time posting negative feedback about this community. During these economic times we must stick together. The unemployment rates are increasing and people are losing their homes. Food pantries have shortages and children do not have coats. Instead of wasting time making inappropriate comments on a website as "Blabber Mouth" displayed, let's focus on how we can help our communities grow and share positive stories about our communities in which we live and work in.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#49 Nov 27, 2008
Long Island Resident wrote:
Wyandanch is an economically challenged community on Long Island. This doesn't mean that everyone living in the community has a wreckless lifestyle. There are plenty of hard working adults and children in the community. Is the community faced with challenges? Yes! However, there are many people working hard to better the community. While the school district has been faced with major challenges, the principals and teachers are wonderful, caring people! There are honor students with perfect attendance. I'm not sure why this would surprise to anyone.
It's very unfortunate that someone would want to spend any amount of time posting negative feedback about this community. During these economic times we must stick together. The unemployment rates are increasing and people are losing their homes. Food pantries have shortages and children do not have coats. Instead of wasting time making inappropriate comments on a website as "Blabber Mouth" displayed, let's focus on how we can help our communities grow and share positive stories about our communities in which we live and work in.
Well said LIR. Blabber Mouth clearly lacks the intellectual capacity to have an adult conversation that is void of offensive comments. As, I was reading your comments, I came upon an additional theory; ‘brain drain’. The best and brightest that Wyandanch schools produce go on to college and earn great jobs.

Unfortunately, those recipients never return. I am just as guilty, but Wyandanch will continue to have the socio-economic problems unless the well educated, gainfully employed come back home. Wyandanch must continue to invest in its people but the investment does not stop at the high school graduation ceremony. These people must be sent to institutions of higher education and ‘encouraged’ to return so others can benefit from their success.
Janet

White Plains, NY

#50 Sep 21, 2010
Blabber Mouth wrote:
Wyandanch is ghetto hell hole if you want to get shoot and killed. Nothing but crack, hookers, wellfare, and crime in Wyandanch.
Blabber Mouth - have you even been to Wyandanch? I would keep my mouth shut. There are PLENTY of good people in Wyandanch who live there because it is more affordable, and they actually are not wanted in other areas (probably where people like you live). They also keep their homes very nice, believe it or not. I have been there many times, and if it were that bad there would not still be a catholic church attended by all races smack dab in the middle of it (Our Lady of Miraculous Medal). You are just showing your racism and lack of caring for anyone who is different than you. Don't buy into what "others" are saying until you judge for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyandanch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: David Sanders Dance Dynamics (Nov '08) 8 hr Imamomnow 17
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Massapequa 12 hr SunnyD 1
News Alexander: Kudos to all who are making Heartlan... 14 hr S Flotteron 4
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Wed sweet benny 8,582
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Wed plottmasterami 2,737
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Aug 15 Just Sayin 1,475
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Aug 14 Concerned resident 153

Wyandanch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wyandanch Mortgages