Controversial Wyandanch post office w...

Controversial Wyandanch post office weighed in D.C. meeting -

There are 47 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 2, 2007, titled Controversial Wyandanch post office weighed in D.C. meeting -. In it, Newsday reports that:

U.S. Postal Service representatives are scheduled to meet Friday with U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer, Babylon Supervisor Steve Bellone and Wyandanch residents to discuss a proposed post office on Straight Path that ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Edie

Albany, NY

#44 Aug 7, 2007
Just my thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say, I didnt mean to insult you, but you have to admit that When you hear nothing but bad things...you have to understand...I grew up in Lindenhurst, so I was a neighbor and I will agree that lindednhurst had many drug issues ( that was kept secret) my high school had about 3-4 deaths per year and Straight Path in Cop. is where you found most of the whores when I was a kid..I remember I was always told not to go near the area. However , you do have to admit that the people in Wyandanch dont always seem to help their own neighborhood. But neither does the county or the state..etc..... SO I will agree and apologize that NOT ALL people from this town are bad..........So good for you to do well ! And YES the housing prices do suck so I can understand why you left.
I completely admit that some community members (not only the street folks) add to the negative attitude about Wyandanch. I just wish that the government would stop adding to it.
Ctj

United States

#45 Aug 7, 2007
The best way to all this problems is, zero tolerance for criminal activities because reabilitation doesn't work 99% of the time. Just like having kids and no discipline. They will run you down and abuse the system. And remember, old people in towns like this ,were behaving the same way years ago.
What the

United States

#46 Sep 17, 2007
I think the barbed wire is a great idea. Although they shouldn't have to do it. Something needs to be done about Wyandanch. The high school closing shows that something needs to be done. Even Roosevelt High was taken over by the state. What is wrong with people on this island.
Edie

Albany, NY

#47 Sep 17, 2007
What the wrote:
I think the barbed wire is a great idea. Although they shouldn't have to do it. Something needs to be done about Wyandanch. The high school closing shows that something needs to be done. Even Roosevelt High was taken over by the state. What is wrong with people on this island.
I missed that. What do you mean the high school closing???????
JWB

Hicksville, NY

#48 Nov 16, 2008
Everyone that posted a negative and messed up comment about Wyandanch is ignorant and probably, wouldn't doubt the fact, prejudice. I am a resident of Wyandanch and i feel the post office is affective and will be used just like citzens of all other neighborhoods use theirs. The reson why WYandanch may not look the best is because no matter how much we argue or fight, the town of Babylon ignore the fact the Wyandanch needs more businesses and funds. Don't use the negative people of Wyandanch that bring down the community and gives the neighborhood as people to represent. They are only a small portion of the people amongst the hard working and educated residence of the neighborhoods. Honestly i like where i live and the neighbor and friends are cool and proud to say where i come from. To all of you that fell otherwise, the reason you talk down about an area you're so afraid to walkin in, is because u have the need to try and make us feel inferior, as you the oppessor, is threatened by who we are. If whether you like it or not, truth hurts.
Sunny D

New York, NY

#49 Oct 30, 2009
Gee
I guess the Postal officials were right after All!
The should have made a bunker to protect their employees
Fed Up

Brooklyn, NY

#51 Sep 12, 2012
Life is What You Make it wrote:
Treat people like animals and they act like animals.
I think you have it backwards When people behave like animals they are then treated like animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyandanch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Golf course manager faces charges of bill fraud (Dec '07) Mon Fedup 25
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Sun Resident 2,102
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun bruser 2,676
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sep 24 Van Buren St Guy 1,425
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sep 18 bruser 8,360
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) Sep 17 Richard Lapidus 14
Old Brentwood (Dec '10) Sep 16 Van Buren St Guy 6

Wyandanch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance