Controversial Wyandanch post office weighed in D.C. meeting -

Full story: Newsday

U.S. Postal Service representatives are scheduled to meet Friday with U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer, Babylon Supervisor Steve Bellone and Wyandanch residents to discuss a proposed post office on Straight Path that ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
publius

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Heartbreaking.

I feel bad for the residents. But having your post office regularly burgalrized and robbed is worse for your neighborhood.

Instead of protesting the governemnt, do something about all the violent young men in your neighborhood.

They'll look mighty stupid if they get their way and the post office becomes the favorite target of thugs.

Good luck.
LOL

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Like any civil people are gonna use it.
give me a break

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

the entire town of Wyandanch should be surrounded by barbed wire fencing
Behemoth

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

In addition to the barbed wire, a moat with alligators should be built around the perimeter of the post office as well as German Shepherds.

Everyone knows blacks are afraid of large dogs.
Life is What You Make it

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Treat people like animals and they act like animals.
Retired Civil Servant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Although it is a federal mandate to include community leaders on all contracts over $ XXX,XXX, the community needs to express themselves by selecting diplomatic homeowners in the area.
All new post office structures involving the publics mail are built with numerous security features,

Wyandanch is not being targeted in a negative manner as newsday,local media and politicians may have you think.
The US Post office handles millions of dollars each and every day,in the form of checks.

The community needs to embrace the post office and be more candid in their approach since jobs and traing
will become available to the people in the community and the surrounding area.

Although security can be architectually adjusted, realize jobs are a much more important necessity in the community.
MTV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Life is What You Make it wrote:
Treat people like animals and they act like animals.
They are animals.

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

it used to be that to work for the post office, you had to be able to pass a test first.
LYDIA

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

MTV wrote:
<quoted text>
They are animals.

YOU ARE A FREAKING ANIMAL!
DWW

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

They say no to a post office, but turn they're back on the crime... hum.
Try taking up a real cause and maybe they wouldn't need the barbed wire.

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

"they were never consulted about the new post office, which features barbed wire fencing and bulletproof windows.

Wyandanch residents said those features weren't pedestrian friendly and were contrary to downtown revitalization plans."

The only way barbed wire fencing is not pedestrian friendly is if you try to climb over it.

The USPS should kill the plan and leave them with what they have.
Just mt thoughts

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

give me a break wrote:
the entire town of Wyandanch should be surrounded by barbed wire fencing
LOL< I agree, The people of Wyandanch just crap everything up. The ruined the police sub station years ago, anything that might be "new" in that town always gets crapped up...Thtas what those people seem to like and be used too. Their own people ruin their own town,rob ,steal,do drugs,deal drugs and murder and god knows what else. They will get a new post pffice and crap that up too...it os like driving through the worst part of NYC
BlaBlaBla

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

I cannot believe they cannot come up with a plan for the post office that is exceptable to everyone! But then again thats whats wrong with Wyandanch now! There are too many mouths working to come up with a plan for the town! Everyone wants something for themselves! There is no master plan, and nothing will happen until you can get the thugs and whores off the avenue, That brings down the area, Seeing all the players about turns decent people off!!
CHERYL

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Who wants to bet this Post Office will break the records for money transfers to Mexico and the rest of Central America !! This is where Shumer belongs alright !
Edie

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

LOL wrote:
Like any civil people are gonna use it.
Civil people used it all the time. Until they moved it to a drug spot. Hopefully they will relocate the new one, like return it to it's original location. Wyandanch was never this bad until local and state officials started moving homeless housing, dss and other programs into and around Wyandanch. I grew up there and it was a neighborhood where everybody knew each other. Even when something bad happened people use to help each other. Now- 1/3 of the students are bused in or living in local shelters. The unsavory from all over Long Island are being placed there or sitting at the dss building. It's disgusting and it happened because the community didn't say no. I am glad they are saying no to this barb wire post office and I hope they quickly remove that disgusting dss building.
Edie

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Just mt thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL< I agree, The people of Wyandanch just crap everything up. The ruined the police sub station years ago, anything that might be "new" in that town always gets crapped up...Thtas what those people seem to like and be used too. Their own people ruin their own town,rob ,steal,do drugs,deal drugs and murder and god knows what else. They will get a new post pffice and crap that up too...it os like driving through the worst part of NYC
I will guess you've only driven down Straight Path. The sub station was put up and that was it. The police were never there. Unfortunately since people who have positive paths tend to turn away and say its just Wyandanch, it's just thugs and whores- its become ok for everybody to dump 'trash' in Wyandanch, look down on Wyandanch. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for turning your backs.

Just as Wyandanch is going down- so are your nice neighborhoods. Baldwin-West Islip-West Babylon-etc...

Keep blowing it off as those mics, those spics, those nigs- you will be in one of those categories soon. You better wake up and realize you need to take care of yours and help your neighbor.

Otherwise LOng Island will keep going as it is.
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Behemoth wrote:
In addition to the barbed wire, a moat with alligators should be built around the perimeter of the post office as well as German Shepherds.
Everyone knows blacks are afraid of large dogs.
Why don't they just post "Help Wanted" signs all around the post office. No one from Wyandanch would ever step near it.
Retired Civil Servant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

I agree, barbed wire symbolizes prisons and correctional facilities. If they are installed and the Post office leaves a few years down the road, it would be quite attractive to turn it into a correctional facility or homeless shelter. Todays technology replaced government buildings with CCTV cameras and motion detectors, so barbed wire is outdated and a poor choice with the technology available today.

As far as the other issues, most politicians see federal money dangling with the introduction of federal subsidized shelters, jails, half way houses and you name it.

True, Long Island cannot be used in the same manner as the five boroughs of New York City.

The outrageous taxes we pay, the lack of accountability from political officials and school "authorities" are quite fustrating to most homeowners.
Although Wyandanch has its issues, many neighorhoods here are going through a transition. Crime, transients and the summer influx of visitors from crime infested neighborhoods brings the crime rate up in all communities.

With all this in mind where do we stand?

Call your town hall officials, call your school superintendent, call your local government offices and let your voices be heard. You can look them up on your computer and in most cases email them. They may take a day or two to respond.(I hope).

If you dont hear anything in a week, be informed that thia is a sign your county representatives are not working for you

Remember. even a bad opinion is still an opinion. If none of them hear from us, they will continue on having a great time, employing family members, friends and political contributors, while the best candidates for the jobs, go home with nothing but a number to get on line.

Since we can become quite overwhelmed with all this, perhaps the best resolve is to support our neighbors and ensure the post office makes the best decision for the community and the surrounding areas.
BEST WISHES
Big Mo

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Edie wrote:
<quoted text>
I will guess you've only driven down Straight Path. The sub station was put up and that was it. The police were never there. Unfortunately since people who have positive paths tend to turn away and say its just Wyandanch, it's just thugs and whores- its become ok for everybody to dump 'trash' in Wyandanch, look down on Wyandanch. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for turning your backs.
Just as Wyandanch is going down- so are your nice neighborhoods. Baldwin-West Islip-West Babylon-etc...
Keep blowing it off as those mics, those spics, those nigs- you will be in one of those categories soon. You better wake up and realize you need to take care of yours and help your neighbor.
Otherwise LOng Island will keep going as it is.
I totally agree with you on this point. What is strange is that so many people stereotype all the people who live in Wyandanch. I grew up in Wyandanch, graduated went to college and now live in Mississippi. I still have go back to the Island every now and then, but one thing I know is that on a big scale it is the few who are giving Wyandanch the bad name. I know all in Wyandanch are not bad, yes it is a poor to working class community and yes when you have that type of environment you will have crime and drugs. Yes I think that a barb wired fence would only instill more negative thoughts into the residents heads, thoughts like incareration.......etc.

I pray that Long Islanders can help Long Islanders out and that they can stop all the hate and stereotyping. I love big dogs, I have a college degree, I own a home, and I am from Wyandanch(living in Mississippi), so I don't consider myself an animal.
Big Mo

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Sinking like the Titanic wrote:
<quoted text>
The USPS is just trying to make the citizens of Crimedanch feel at home since most of them spend half their lives in correctional facilities anyway.
Question is where did you get your facts? So you tell me that most of the people in Wyandanch spend half of their lives in correctional facilities. I would love to find that information, because that would be like a NATIONAL record or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wyandanch Discussions

Search the Wyandanch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) 7 hr Kamala Martucci 111
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr lionland 6,326
Debate: Health Care - East Northport, NY (Nov '09) 16 hr Cpl Christopher Scherer 5
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 20 hr Billy Bong 60
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 20 hr Bruser 7,853
What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst (Jun '08) 21 hr BARBARA 244
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
•••

Rip Current Statement for Suffolk County was issued at July 13 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••

Wyandanch News Video

•••
•••

Wyandanch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••