People that that DON'T TIP

Posted in the Wurtland Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Mar 13

Wheelwright, KY

#1 Mar 2, 2013
I work at this restaraunt in ashland and have these same 2 lady's come in and sit in my section every week and DON'T TIP .. One of the ladies works at dollar tree because she wears her uniform here every time .. It's absurd they have the nerve to keep coming back knowing that I know they don't tip AT ALL .. So I guess it's ok for me to go dollar tree and fill up my bag and just walk out ?
yep

Ashland, KY

#2 Mar 2, 2013
My cymone wrote:
I work at this restaraunt in ashland and have these same 2 lady's come in and sit in my section every week and DON'T TIP .. One of the ladies works at dollar tree because she wears her uniform here every time .. It's absurd they have the nerve to keep coming back knowing that I know they don't tip AT ALL .. So I guess it's ok for me to go dollar tree and fill up my bag and just walk out ?
Spit in their drinks, it's atleast a laugh
Mousey Smith

United States

#3 Mar 2, 2013
Ughh!
Hey

Alexandria, VA

#4 Mar 2, 2013
You ever thought that maybe they can't afford to tip? It's probably all they can do to just eat everyday. Be thankful you have a job and quit being spiteful.
opinion

Ironton, OH

#5 Mar 2, 2013
People!! Tipping is part of dining out! If you have terrible service then don't tip. If you have good service always tip! If you just don't want to tip then don't dine in a restaurant!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
opinion

Ironton, OH

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
You ever thought that maybe they can't afford to tip? It's probably all they can do to just eat everyday. Be thankful you have a job and quit being spiteful.
If you can't afford to tip then you can't afford to dine out! Try eating at home where you don't get your food served to you by someone that deserves a tip!
spicy79

Alexandria, VA

#7 Mar 2, 2013
As a common rule, if you can't afford to tip go to fast food. Most servers only make $2.13 or a little more. And we depend on your tips to make a living being the "paycheck" goes to taxes and your lucky to make $30 on a 50 hour week... if you receive good service you need to tip appropriately. I'm with you all I am a server, and if they can't tip eat at hone...)
cheapskatessuck

Alexandria, VA

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
Its not being spiteful, servers depend on tips to live. They get little to no paycheck and depend on them. Can't tip eat at home...
what

Flatwoods, KY

#10 Mar 2, 2013
My cymone wrote:
that is one of the dumbest comparison i have every seen them not tipping is not a crime they are paying for the food and tipping is a perk of your job but not mandatory now going to the dollar store and filling your bags up and walking out is stealing and a crime so i guess what retarded thought in your head did you think these were the same thing
opinion

Ironton, OH

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Listen , I think the person was referring to the morality of the situation. While it's not a crime to not tip, morally it is. When you go to a sit down restaurant you are being served by a server that is not paid per se by the restaurant but by the customer. Everyone knows you're supposed to tip. If you work as a server long enough you know who doesn't tip and you should be embarrassed if you're one of those people.
convict

Ashland, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2013
What law says you have to tip ? I do not see my price on the ticket any lower,when i eat at the same place more than once.
opinion

Ironton, OH

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Kelly L Finney wrote:
Nothing personal intended but have you ever considered the fact that perhaps it's all your fault? You may not be as proficient as you think when it comes to "serving with a smile"... huh???
Thanks, but we already have a Kellie!
Motorbreth

Mineral Ridge, OH

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Personally, if I get good service when the wife and I are out eating, we are always very generous with our tips. That's what those people work for. We even tip (not near as much) when it's bad service. If you can't afford to tip, you should not dine at a resteraunt that expects tips. Those two old ladies are rude in my opinion. And also disrespectful. That is just an example of some people not having good manners. The two old hags probably squeak when they walk because they are so tight. There is no excuse for not tipping your waiter/waitress.
what

Flatwoods, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2013
opinion wrote:
Listen , I think the person was referring to the morality of the situation. While it's not a crime to not tip, morally it is. When you go to a sit down restaurant you are being served by a server that is not paid per se by the restaurant but by the customer. Everyone knows you're supposed to tip. If you work as a server long enough you know who doesn't tip and you should be embarrassed if you're one of those people.
really morally its wrong to tip never heard that and yes they are not independant contractors for the restaurants servers do get a pay check even if its not a regular pay check and i think your more referring to its proper manners to tip nothing morally wrong with not tipping that is kinda dumb to think that way
what

Flatwoods, KY

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Motorbreth wrote:
Personally, if I get good service when the wife and I are out eating, we are always very generous with our tips. That's what those people work for. We even tip (not near as much) when it's bad service. If you can't afford to tip, you should not dine at a resteraunt that expects tips. Those two old ladies are rude in my opinion. And also disrespectful. That is just an example of some people not having good manners. The two old hags probably squeak when they walk because they are so tight. There is no excuse for not tipping your waiter/waitress.
i dont tip if there is bad service to me if thats there job and they make a living as a server and its bad then why pay for bad service im not a person to say hey its ok for you to do a poor job i will give you something anyways
opinion

Ironton, OH

#20 Mar 2, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
really morally its wrong to tip never heard that and yes they are not independant contractors for the restaurants servers do get a pay check even if its not a regular pay check and i think your more referring to its proper manners to tip nothing morally wrong with not tipping that is kinda dumb to think that way
Wow! Have you ever been a server? I didn't think so. Servers have their area that they are responsible for keeping up and cleaning, I didn't say they were independent. Restaurant managers tell you "your customers pay your salary". The definition of moral is what is right or wrong. It's RIGHT to tip.
Motorbreth

Mineral Ridge, OH

#21 Mar 2, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont tip if there is bad service to me if thats there job and they make a living as a server and its bad then why pay for bad service im not a person to say hey its ok for you to do a poor job i will give you something anyways
Well, to each their own, but I always tip. Everybody has bad days at work. Everybody. I'm gonna give the waiter/waitress, the benefit of the doubt, if their service is not "up to par," that maybe they are just having a rough day at work, like everybody else has from time to time. It would be different if the very same waiter/waitress, offered poor service every single time that you had them as your server. But for the most part, I just don't see that happening. I'm not gonna take it out on the waiter/waitress, by not tipping them, just because they are having a bad day at work. I'm sure that it is hard and stressful work. It sure looks like it could be.
generous

Conneaut Lake, PA

#22 Mar 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
are you a f*cking id*ot? Job making $2.13 an hour? Did yiu know.a servers salary is based on thier tips? I usually tip 20%- 25%. I was once a server so.i know how it is.
generous

Conneaut Lake, PA

#23 Mar 2, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Spit in their drinks, it's atleast a laugh
a few.drops in visine is untracable and wont.hurt. lol....they will stuck in the bathroom for hours!!
Hmmm

Ashland, KY

#24 Mar 2, 2013
If you don't like your tips, then GET A REAL JOB! Waitressing is for high school students and people that CAN'T do anything else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wurtland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitchell woods 2 hr Carol ann 1
Lucinda Leach 2 hr it happens 1
Shawn Vance 3 hr husband 4
Chad Broughton (Oct '12) 3 hr you know nothing 50
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Just Saying 138,076
Stabbing 3 hr Gotbyagain 1
Question for Ashland people 3 hr Answer is 20
More from around the web

Wurtland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]