Lytle Creek fire destroys three homes...

Lytle Creek fire destroys three homes, threatens hundreds more,...

There are 11 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 3, 2009, titled Lytle Creek fire destroys three homes, threatens hundreds more,.... In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

A brush fire that erupted in the Lytle Creek area Saturday destroyed three homes, threatened hundreds more, burned more than 1,500 acres, and forced evacuations and several road closures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Lake Arrowhead, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2009
God Bless our firefighters and law enforcement. Things would be a lot worse without them.

La Habra, CA

#2 Oct 4, 2009
Can you please let me know if the homes along Lone Pine Canyon as you enter Wrightwood are in danger?

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 4, 2009
Linda Patterson lives just off Highway 138. She has three horses and dogs on her property.

"I have news for them I'm not leaving," she said. "They better make a stand and fight."

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.....what the hell are you going to do? It is ignorant people like you that hinder firefighting operations, unecessarily endanger yourselves and waste water pressure that should be used for firefighting efforts.

Understand one thing...if your house has a "defensible space" and is well maintained by suggested fire codes...the firefighters will stay and fight. If you have not complied with suggested fire code clearances and your yard is covered with trash, dry brush or overgrown vegetation, the firefighters WILL NOT endanger themselves to save a house that the owner doesn't even care about.

For you to comment "I have news for them I'm not leaving," she said. "They better make a stand and fight." is asenine. Let the professionals do their job and STAY OUT OF THEIR WAY.

Boron, CA

#4 Oct 4, 2009
USA i couldnt agree more. Stupid woman, stupid comment.

Central, SC

#5 Oct 4, 2009
I certainly hope that someone had the heart to stop and pick up that poor dog who appears in the picture of the firefighters with the hose. It looks like the dog is already so tired it couldn't run, if it needed to.
I also hope that the fire will be stopped from burning Wrightwood, which is a very nice little community of people who look out for each other.

Central, SC

#6 Oct 4, 2009
ihorvath wrote:
Can you please let me know if the homes along Lone Pine Canyon as you enter Wrightwood are in danger?
Considering how fast we've seen those mountain fires flare and spread in the past, I'd be getting any animals and valuables out of any home near the fire.

Central, SC

#7 Oct 4, 2009
Ms Patterson, if you have any way to get your horses and dogs out, it would certainly be wiser to do that. Consider the brave fire fighters who fight fires in that, and adjoining areas, every year. We don't need any of them losing their lives trying to protect people who refuse to evacuate when told to do so. If you don't have a trailer large enough to hold your horses, maybe there are other horse owners who could help.

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Oct 4, 2009
Ms Patterson, what an idiot. She seems to be saying that the firefighters are not already doing their utmost.. The idea that she can out of stubborness not only endanger the firefighers, her animals and even herself out of just stupidity is amazing. A woman who thinks she is the most important thing on earth. I don't wish her ill but the notion that the fire fighters are there to take care of her and just her is nauseating.
Marcy Gerrity

#9 Oct 4, 2009
It is called the "Sheep" fire apparently as a Fontana CA. man who had just finished having sexual relations with his neighbors sheep had tossed a lit cigarette they had just finished sharing into a patch of nearby weeds. When told what had occurred, the neighbor said he was not surprised, and said no one was going to pull the wool over his eyes.

San Diego, CA

#10 Oct 4, 2009
We survived the Which Creek fire here in San Diego just about two years ago. the first thing we did was get our horses out. It is very stupid to think one can make a stand and fight. wild fires have a life of their own and do not care what is in front of it. With a little luck and the guy upstairs looking over us we made it.Prepaired or not, take the advice and get out,your risking alot by trying to be macho! There were many others not so lucky.
no fires

Ewa Beach, HI

#11 Oct 4, 2009
God bless the firefighters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wrightwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach Gottfried Loves Coeds and Players Girl Fr... 4 hr Blonde Coed 1
Tulare County Court is Corrupt (Sep '13) Fri Who 41
News California needs new laws to boost earthquake s... Thu Solarman 5
News Letters: Keep Visalia unique (Nov '13) Mar 11 Laurie Bender 6
Visalia Ransacker Mar 11 Anonymous 1
Denise mariscal Mar 11 Tamarindofv 7
Devin Nunes (May '17) Mar 10 Old Republican 37

Wrightwood Jobs

Personal Finance

Wrightwood Mortgages