MERGES: Seven sons from Wrightsville ...

MERGES: Seven sons from Wrightsville family served in WWII

There are 1 comment on the York Dispatch story from May 29, 2011, titled MERGES: Seven sons from Wrightsville family served in WWII. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Wrightsville has a very special reason to mark Memorial Day. This quiet York County river town may well be the only community in America that sent seven sons from one family, the Hake family, off to war -- World War II -- all of them in actual combat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Lisa Burk

AOL

#1 Jun 10, 2011
This is MY family; I am a second generation daughter of Velma Hake Lehigh, sister of the seven Hake brothers. I have been researching the family and have formed a committee to preserve our heritage. Thank you for the article featuring my family. It was wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wrightsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Wrightsville woman sold 10,000 false pr... May '15 Mildred 1
shooting at mussers (Feb '15) Apr '15 lady 3
News Pastor John Collins Marietta PA (Feb '14) Apr '15 lady 14
Anyone remember the Chinese Pagoda where Anvil'... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Camarokid90 1
News Rambler, Former Wrightsville Mayor, takes case ... (May '11) Feb '15 Yorkguy 16
Curious (Feb '15) Feb '15 Hot momma lookin 1
News Legal minds differ on whether The Bluebook is s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 lady 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wrightsville Mortgages