PO EDITORIAL: 'Infamous crimes' and t...

PO EDITORIAL: 'Infamous crimes' and the signs of our times

There are 16 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 14, 2011, titled PO EDITORIAL: 'Infamous crimes' and the signs of our times. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

For a county with a checkered-past judge and a borough council president who allegedly likes to brawl at night clubs, it's probably a good thing the state constitution's infamous crimes provision is getting some attention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

teacherb

Hagerstown, MD

#2 May 15, 2011
tony wrote:
Felony - Shmelony. Who cares? In Franklin County, no matter how bad your "checkered past" you'll be elected as long as you have an "R" beside your name on the ballot (i.e. Magisterial District Judge David Plum).
Agreed. I had a teacher in high school who at least once a week used to gesture to his coffee cup during a rant and say, "This cup could get elected in Franklin County if it was Republican." I never took him seriously until recently.
Business

Chambersburg, PA

#3 May 15, 2011
This Ediotorial comes off as sounding as if The PO speaks for a community of little wussies, afraid of the big bad wolf. Epic Fail, par for thr course in the politically inbred county of Franklin...
Jean

Greencastle, PA

#4 May 15, 2011
Power resides with the people. It is entirely up to the citizens to demand that the brawling borough council president step down immediately. He was elected not coronated. Bad behavior, an ill temper, and lack of self-control are not the attributes of a council president.
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#5 May 15, 2011
The only reason you will never see less ambiguous laws regarding corruption is because both political parties are afraid that bribery will go back to being a felony instead of a so called campaign contribution.
Susan Mummert

Chambersburg, PA

#6 May 15, 2011
Can't make fun of Illinois and Louisiana politics with politicians like ours.

Since: Dec 09

Chambersburg, PA

#7 May 15, 2011
Our family members take turns reading the candidates' bios in the paper at dinner & cracked up when we first noticed the "criminal record" heading, as if it was just a normal thing like name, age, & party affiliation.
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#8 May 15, 2011
It's the price that society pays for having a racist, radical, conservative extremist faction in office. However, it is society that is at fault for blindly voting for said racist, radical, conservative extremists.
Concerned

Waynesboro, PA

#9 May 15, 2011
Rock Hoover wrote:
It's the price that society pays for having a racist, radical, conservative extremist faction in office. However, it is society that is at fault for blindly voting for said racist, radical, conservative extremists.
Where do you come off with labling Conservative values with racisim! The real problem is that the pot smoking hippies of the sixties are now our school and college teachers. You can't spank your children or you can be arrested. There goes the values and respect parents used to be able to teach their children. You can't have an opinion because you may offend someone! This is hog wash! Our Government was established with the right to express your views, freedom of speech and we were getting out from under the totalitarian government of England at that time. The only extremists here is the people who preach the hog wash your trying to push on everyone! Get a life, grow some testicles suck up your problems and stop blaming others for your lack of self worth.
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#10 May 15, 2011
Yep, those were the day my friend I thought they'd never end. You could beat the wife and kids to keep them in line, minorities knew their place and we all pretended Norman Rockwell pictures were a reality. No wonder they smoked pot in the 60s.
S millr

Carlisle, PA

#11 May 16, 2011
This incident with the club beating will probably be swept under the rug like many other infractions by our so called leaders. I think his whole religous "cover" should be used against him and he should serve real jail time with real inmates. maybe then he would see the wrongs of his ways.
The Man

Chambersburg, PA

#12 May 16, 2011
Hope his fellow councilmen have enough b##ls to take him out of the council pres. seat.
art

Landisburg, PA

#13 May 16, 2011
Rock Hoover wrote:
I agree with you this kind of extremist feeling is flushing our country down the drain. These people are like robots that listen to slimbaugh, beck ,hannity, and can't think for their self. If they had half of a brain they would see who is trying to help our country and who is working for the big corporations. These three jerks are making million of dollars ,and these so called conservative people are too stupid to know that they are lying to them. Some day they will wake up when we don't have a country to live in .We will be run by all the big banks and all six of the largest corporations telling us what and when to do everything.
dennis box

Wolfforth, TX

#14 May 17, 2011
i agree
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#15 May 17, 2011
If you have paid attention lately, we are already there - Wall Street bankers run this country.
concerned citizen

San Jose, CA

#16 May 18, 2011
we are on the wrong path in many ways in this world.but one that especially concerns me is san francisco's acceptance of freaks,such as homosexuals these people need mental assistants and giudance,not acceptance.it can only get worse,if we continue the way that we have.
robby

Mercersburg, PA

#17 May 19, 2011
"Rock Hoover It's the price that society pays for having a racist, radical, conservative extremist faction in office. However, it is society that is at fault for blindly voting for said racist, radical, conservative extremists.

How true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wrightsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Liquor license transferred to former nuisance bar (May '11) 16 hr YC Resident 32
Reply to post on the FAR East Inn. Oct 5 John Fischer 1
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174
the former Far East Inn in Columbia, PA (Oct '09) Aug '17 CCEASYRIDER 8
News Many men are happy to stay unmarried, though th... (Jan '08) Jan '17 Just saying 46
News Montenegro seeks man in photo with Russian fore... (Dec '16) Dec '16 AntemuraleChristi... 1
News Wrightsville Forming Own Police Department (Nov '06) Dec '16 Jon 17

Wrightsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wrightsville Mortgages