I am 36years old,female, and single. I am from KY originally but have lived all over the country, mostly large cities. I am very excited to be moving to Wilmington this fall....how is the dating scene, nice smart guys around my age?? Any insight you have would be great. I am viewing Wilmington as my "San Diego" on the east coast. I hope I'm not terribly wrong!I am moving to Wilmington this summer. And may I never meet any of the racist bigoted rednecks, white haters or any OTHER scourge of society contributing to the filth and plain stupidity represented here. Life is short. Live it? Don't like it? Change it. If you can type, you can find a way to quit WHINING!
#125 Aug 30, 2012
#126 Sep 7, 2012
spoken so eloquently by the obviously blatantly racist colored man.
#127 Jan 16, 2013
I am a 52 yr. old MSW and my husband is a Psych RN. Will we be able to find employment in Wilmington?
#128 Feb 17, 2015
WOW it's 2015 and Im looking for a place to retire. I am African American and spent time in the south with my grandparents. I thought maybe a coastal town in the south would be be the same as some I have visited on the west coast from California to Washington. Cost was a factor to me but now I know cost is more of a factor in other areas. I have never visited any Southern region since the 70's. I've only travel between New York and the West Coast. I was born and raised in Chicago. I did visit my grandparents in Georgia but they lived off a dirt road with neighbors a distance away. It was a farm in a farming community and I loved it. I am a urban person who talks to my neighbors and lives in a diverse community. Price can not be a major factor with me. I can not live in an area with snow and sub temperatures in my old age but I want to live in peace. I do not sit in my house and watch television. I walk 3 miles a day and walk my dog. I interact with everyone I can. I go to a church in my community. I love life and people. After reading everything on this page I'm looking West.
#129 Apr 8, 2015
All the posting are from 2008,where are the recent ones from 2015?
#130 May 20, 2015
The people here don't like out-of-towners. They'll try to get you fired from jobs, play childish games, and so fourth. I've experienced it multiple times. Apparently this isn't a part of the country my family has fought for when they served in the military. I don't remember people complaining when they moved into my home state. I'm done with this crap. maybe I should just sue my employer and the co-worker that I can. I mean I didn't even want to be here in the first place and that would be my ticket out of here.
#131 May 26, 2015
i moved here from az because i have a lot of family that lives here. guess they forgot to mention they all live in gated communities and they go out to eat at chain restaurants for fun---if they would have told me more about this place i would never have moved here.
1. traffic does suck. anyone that says different is full of it.
2. the music scene sucks. all the bands are cover bands. its like cover band capital of the U.S.
3.the beaches are crowded as soon as the weather gets nice until its cold again.
4. good schools are few and far between for all age kids.
5. not a lot to do... unless you like cover bands..... a lot. see # 2
6. the town is majorly segregated.
7. the museums are small and as much as i appreciate the effort, there just isn't enough content at the museums to entertain you for more than an hour at most.
8. downtown nightlife is goofy- can't really explain -- you just have to see it. weird venues, dirty, etc...
9. it smells :( i don't know what it is but it smells so bad like cat pee sometimes......
10. and as previously mentioned in other posts, the people..... and i hate to generalize because my neighbors and parents of kids who go to my kids school are pretty nice (a lot not originally from here)... but overall the people you run into daily are not too friendly. not much of a community feel here.
11. the crime rate is scary as mentioned in previous posts.
12. haven't been impressed with the healthcare here either.
13. job market is bad. i fell into a job that actually pays really well for here from what i have seen but i have never worked with an unprofessional, trashy bunch of people. everything you read about employers paying lower wages since we live by the beaches is true.
and blah blah move away... i hear you.... i would just want someone to warn me before moving here. our house went rapidly down in value once we actually found a house decent enough to buy that we could afford, which is still too small for us, so as soon as we can get out from under this.....we will move far, far away.
i would suggest any one looking to move here to SERIOUSLY consider other options.
Add your comments below
|Happy Fourth Anniversary Hurricane Irene||Aug 27||Irene||1|
|Review: Jeremy Williams Attorney At Law||Aug 18||Lora||1|
|Bail bondsman charged with selling steroids (Oct '10)||Aug 13||John Edwards||53|
|Erik --- St. Mary graduate from Ky. (Sep '14)||Aug 3||I HATE YOU JENNIE...||2|
|Debate: Marijuana - Wilmington, NC (Aug '10)||Jul 31||teresa||52|
|Girl with "khajiit" licence plate.||Jul '15||Gmork||4|
|UFO over Ocean Isle? (Aug '14)||Aug '14||Tigercanes||1|
Find what you want!
Search Wrightsville Beach Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC