Pemberton police officer charged with...

Pemberton police officer charged with sex assault

There are 41 comments on the 6 ABC story from Feb 27, 2012, titled Pemberton police officer charged with sex assault. In it, 6 ABC reports that:

Patrolman Jason W. Kreig, of Phillips Avenue in Browns Mills, was charged on Friday with two counts of aggravated sexual assault and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 6 ABC.

Angel

South River, NJ

#21 Mar 5, 2012
Jeanne wrote:
@Angel and April....Apparently...both of you weren't threatned or frightened enough in anyway when you allege that he did that to you..Not enough to report it anyway...Why now? You both didnt appear to be concerned at the time you say this happened. That ...to me...makes your motives suspect now.Like I said..there are many sides to a story..and we shouldnt make any assumptions..let the System do its job..If he is guilty..than he punished..Until then..I would at least give him the courtesy that everyone gives everyone else..Innocent until proven guilty.
I never said he had done anything to me at all...I don't know him...no clue what he's about...just know about the allegations and the fact that they had enough to warrant an arrest.
blondie

Millville, NJ

#22 Mar 5, 2012
angel-i couldn't agree more!!!!!!
Anonymus

Belmar, NJ

#23 Mar 5, 2012
Maybe I'm a coward for not wanting to name myself. But I've known Jason since Elementary school. He's 1 to 2 years older than me and he was always a Gentleman. Never hit on me. Stood up for me when someone else was picking on me a couple of times. I never thought he had good social skills. I'd even call him socially awkward. The only time I ever felt something was wrong was when I ran into him 3 years or so ago after he'd been to war fighting for our country. War can change a person in strange ways. Maybe it changed him for the worse. I do not know and will not claim to know. If the allegations are true I feel really sorry for ALL involved. But I don't appreciate the blatant attacks people are making. The person I knew growing up was socially awkward but still a good person. And I can still say that after meeting a person with Cerebral palsy using that as an excuse so women would let him pet there arms or grab at them. Now that is a sick person. This is a man who is most likely in need of serious psychological help from trauma at war.
Angel

South River, NJ

#24 Mar 5, 2012
Anonymus wrote:
Maybe I'm a coward for not wanting to name myself. But I've known Jason since Elementary school. He's 1 to 2 years older than me and he was always a Gentleman. Never hit on me. Stood up for me when someone else was picking on me a couple of times. I never thought he had good social skills. I'd even call him socially awkward. The only time I ever felt something was wrong was when I ran into him 3 years or so ago after he'd been to war fighting for our country. War can change a person in strange ways. Maybe it changed him for the worse. I do not know and will not claim to know. If the allegations are true I feel really sorry for ALL involved. But I don't appreciate the blatant attacks people are making. The person I knew growing up was socially awkward but still a good person. And I can still say that after meeting a person with Cerebral palsy using that as an excuse so women would let him pet there arms or grab at them. Now that is a sick person. This is a man who is most likely in need of serious psychological help from trauma at war.
Maybe that's what happened, however,...my focus is not on him, tho, it's on the child whose life is forever damaged. Now, the stories people are relaying here on this forum are from their personal experience they had with him...same as you relaying your personal experience...there are going to be some good and some bad...it's a horrible horrible situation...but, to be a cop, don't you have to be psychologically sound?...just sayin'...not sure if your reaching for an excuse for the allegations...

And, it's not surprising you have great things to say about him...I always found it funny when, for example, the news is speaking to the neighbors of a murderer and how the neighbors say "oh, he was a great guy, he would give you the shirt off his back, etc"... But guess what...he's still a murderer...
mel

New York, NY

#25 Mar 5, 2012
I know him and yes he was always perverted. And I know someone who is being accused of the same thing but hasn't been arrested yet because not enough evidence. There must be good evidence and enough of it or he COULD NOT and WOULD NOT be arrested. It's ashame for all parties involved.
blondie

Millville, NJ

#26 Mar 6, 2012
i am so sick of people talking about what a great person he is. that has nothing to do with anything. just because he was great to you doesn't mean he is great to another. and i know hundreds of people who went to war and fought for our country. that does not give anyone the right or excuse to hurt a child. and this is what we need to remember. a child was involved in this situation. and again i agree with angel-our police force should have to take psychological exams and be of sound mind. anyone could do anything wrong and blame it on anything. stop making excuses for him and realize that there was enough evidence to indict and arrest him. and to keep him in jail with $300,000 bail and no 10%. that would not be the case if they did not have a lot of sound evidence against him.
worried parent

Vincentown, NJ

#27 Mar 6, 2012
blondie wrote:
i am so sick of people talking about what a great person he is. that has nothing to do with anything. just because he was great to you doesn't mean he is great to another. and i know hundreds of people who went to war and fought for our country. that does not give anyone the right or excuse to hurt a child. and this is what we need to remember. a child was involved in this situation. and again i agree with angel-our police force should have to take psychological exams and be of sound mind. anyone could do anything wrong and blame it on anything. stop making excuses for him and realize that there was enough evidence to indict and arrest him. and to keep him in jail with $300,000 bail and no 10%. that would not be the case if they did not have a lot of sound evidence against him.
You said this perfectly, I have known him since graft school. That doesn't meanhe id the same person. I'm sick of everyone saying they feel bad tor him and his family. What about the children involved? What about ybe victim's? I am also sick of people saying its the war who made him different. Wellif the war changed him into this evil dirtbag, he should of got help, not join the police forse!!! Think all of you who defend him, what if it was your child would you still say oh. Hes a good guy so nice. NO. You wouldn't. Lookat the facts. This isn't the first time. 2007 was first time, his wife left him for her safety and children's.then again 2008.,then again in 2011.look at the facts now of what kind of person he is not who he was in grade school or high school.
ummm

Tacoma, WA

#28 Mar 8, 2012
I feel sorry for everyone.
defending the victims

North Miami Beach, FL

#29 Mar 13, 2012
We are always to quick to say "innocent until proven guilty".. As a cop there is a higher standard of innocence. I am sorry but the evidence must be proven in order to turn an officers life upside down. His name will never be the same he will always be known as a sex offender guilty or not. And in this specific situation I know one of the victims personally the only innocence in a case like this is her/him not Jason. He will burn in hell for what he has done. I give the victims a lot of credit for standing up for what's right.. There are a lot of people out there that won't report a situation because they are afraid of you people that defend the perp. Because he is "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to any child.. And especially because the perp is a cop, I.a.b. will not under any circumstance ruin his life for nothing... So I say to Jason..." guilty but never innocent" He deserves everything they give him!!!! To the victims I say, only you will know the exact truth, hang in there and be strong... You will always have my support!!
he is guilty

Glendora, NJ

#30 Mar 13, 2012
Must be good evidence to arrest him by his own department! his dad is athe luetenant and his brother is also in the same department. Guess u cant cover this one up. god bless the kids he hurt. rott in hell! jason u have kids of ur own. scumbag!
Jeanne

Browns Mills, NJ

#31 Mar 18, 2012
April and Angel...I am sorry for my previous posts...I thought about it and deeply regret it. Because I knew this guy personnaly..I let that cloud my judgement. He actually is a predator..And deserves to be punished for anything he has done. Please accept my apology.
Angel

South River, NJ

#32 Mar 19, 2012
Jeanne wrote:
April and Angel...I am sorry for my previous posts...I thought about it and deeply regret it. Because I knew this guy personnaly..I let that cloud my judgement. He actually is a predator..And deserves to be punished for anything he has done. Please accept my apology.
Wow, thanks...that's very unusual...I appreciate that...It is a very unfortunate situation all the way around.
Lee Browns Mills

Peru, IN

#33 Apr 6, 2012
You won't see anything coming out of the Pemberton Twp. Police because they protect their own. Only reason this scumbag got a job is because his old man is a Lt. on the force. Another dirt bag.
SirP

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Apr 8, 2012
Brown Town Dirtbag. This does not surprise me at all, dirtbag!
notyou

United States

#36 May 12, 2013
unavailable wrote:
Really April, how old are you now?
No one has a clue of what they are talking about! This a something that has been reported and he has not been found guilty! Did you see any facts written!! I didn't!! You are assuming! And who knows April maybe you are a troubled person just rying to jump on the band wagon!
this guy must be a cop by the way he defends the cop and downs every one else......I can't remember a time i wasn't harrassed by Pemberton Police. I won't name the cops but many of them got picked on growing up and now they have athourity they miss use it. the profile people do illeagal searches. Pulled me over at gun point because i was in a bad part of town at the time. even tried to shoot my dog. not to mention pulling me over wile my car was broke down. instead of calling for a tow the called for.dogs and let the dogs go in my car forcing.me out. they run red lights with no sirens on and cause crashes. They violate every law in the book. The make you hate the good cops on the force. its a dam shame when you can't live cuz they don't do there job. If somthing get stolen and you know who stole it forget getting justice unless you have a photo or video. basterds. the way i see it its 1 down several to go.
lives in pemberton

Mount Holly, NJ

#37 Nov 30, 2013
I don't know this guy, i believe his father works as a Lieutenant at the Pemberton Township police dept. though.

all i have to say is that the Pemberton "Township" Police are one of the most corrupt police departments in all of Burlington county, and possibly one of the top 5 most corrupt in all of NJ.

Search online, there are cases and suits against this police department from everything from aggravated assault by a police officer, tampering with evidence, wrongful arrests, civil rights violations and so on. Pemberton may go bankrupt within the next few years because the suits they pay out in court costs more than their gross officers salaries of around 5m/year. Not to mention, if you ever demand evidence the police have for discovery in a case against them, or to defend yourself against any sort of bogus charges, it will turn up missing, lost, deleted, destroyed or unavaiable. They will never hand over copies of audiotapes, video survalence from the police cruisers, 911 logs, or neighbor testimony that is on record but those that would help your case, not work against you by the prosecution.

The Judge Charles Shimberg is the most unprofessional, irresponsible and downright immature judge one will ever come in front of. He's flat out lied to people in court, threatened defendants in municipal/criminal court, belittled them and insulted them in front of the entire court room. The prosecutor, Dean Bono, isn't any better. He sits on his ego horse that rides so high only a giant could knock him off. He too has yelled at defendants "acting unprofessional", belittled them, laughed at them, smirked, lied, and routinely tries to make them plea out without legal counsel present. Beware with this town, make sure you have a lawyer if ever attending court, and contact a civil rights lawyer if you are ever involved with their police department.
p-town

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Sep 5, 2014
He is guilty. He's a horney pig..I know for a fact..I've heard of him messing with young girls to coming on to females in Domestics for years b4 this...
. And its not a coincidence...... he's clueless. Then he goes pump gas in the. Same. Twp. How dumb? And disrespectful to his father, fellow officers. And to the girls harassed and molested.
U know nothing

Browns Mills, NJ

#39 Oct 21, 2014
p-town wrote:
He is guilty. He's a horney pig..I know for a fact..I've heard of him messing with young girls to coming on to females in Domestics for years b4 this...
. And its not a coincidence...... he's clueless. Then he goes pump gas in the. Same. Twp. How dumb? And disrespectful to his father, fellow officers. And to the girls harassed and molested.
You need a life! Your the pig for even talking!
curious

Browns Mills, NJ

#40 Oct 21, 2014
U know nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a life! Your the pig for even talking!
Why the comments now it's been years ! Directed to the one who posted before you.
curious

Browns Mills, NJ

#41 Oct 21, 2014
P town you know something new, because your kinda late

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wrightstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
broadway takeout (Aug '07) Jan 15 Bills deep 14
What's it like in Browns Mills? (May '06) Jan 4 Mike 320
Platoon b 1984 (Apr '09) Jan 4 Paul Ewald 16
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Dec '17 johndsmiley 331
Trenton man acquitted of 2005 Pemberton Twp. mu... (Jun '09) Dec '17 Dan the man 5
DESPERATE for help, STORAGE AUCTION (Sep '09) Nov '17 Hunter1 34
Police Dept. Sep '17 Kurt 1

Wrightstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wrightstown Mortgages