Bank Robbery Suspects Killed In Pushm...

Bank Robbery Suspects Killed In Pushmataha County Shootout

There are 54 comments on the News9 Oklahoma City story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Bank Robbery Suspects Killed In Pushmataha County Shootout. In it, News9 Oklahoma City reports that:

A shootout in Pushmataha County between Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers and bank robbery suspects ended with two men dead Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News9 Oklahoma City.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pgalex

Oklahoma City, OK

#47 Jul 20, 2011
The idiots where shot after they ran a road block went about a 1 mile, turned around and after rounding a corner opened fire on the troopers. All the bullet holes where in the front of the truck.

I know the troopers involved and they are not handling very well.
Unknown facts

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#48 Jul 20, 2011
pgalex wrote:
The idiots where shot after they ran a road block went about a 1 mile, turned around and after rounding a corner opened fire on the troopers. All the bullet holes where in the front of the truck.
There is another topic posted that addresses more details about this shooting you are talking about. It appears the suspects were not shooting at the Trooper when he shot and killed them.

The Trooper is back to work, so he must be handling this situation better than you think. It would be extremely dangerous for an emotionally unstable Trooper to be working again. Not only would the public be endangered, the Trooper himself would be endangered as well. If he is slow to react to a specific situation, he could be putting his life and other lives in danger.
Yea

Kuwait, Kuwait

#49 Jul 22, 2011
Actually hope that the police told the dead robbers 'I find you guilty and sentence you to death' and then shot both the robbers in the back of the head immediately afterward.

Maybe violence in the United States would decline if the bad guys know we are not going to take it anymore and you risk your life if you commit violent acts of crime against society.
chinchong

United States

#50 Jul 22, 2011
Wat bout da money did they get it bak 4 da bank or did da patrols take it lol
Look at the Pictures

United States

#51 Jul 28, 2011
pgalex wrote:
I just looked at the pictures posted by the news agencies of the truck in its final position off the side of HWY 3 on the embankment, and based on those photos it appears none of the shooting could have come from, or toward, the front windows, only toward the back. That raises the questions: Were the shots fired into the back window while the truck was driving down the highway where it could have encountered other traffic? Or were they fired into the truck after it was off the roadway and stopped?

I am in no way condoning bank robbery, but what if the officer had been given an erroneous tag number that was on a similar vehicle? What if it had been yours and you were just driving down the road minding your own business (maybe a little faster than you should have)? It's something to think about.

I too saw the reports that the gun in the suspects' vehicle had not been fired. I have not seen any reports confirming that is was.(The vehicle was stolen, although we don't know for sure by whom.)

Officers have a difficult job; that is for certain. But maybe some procedures need to be reviewed.
maybe

Durant, OK

#52 Jul 29, 2011
Look at the Pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
I just looked at the pictures posted by the news agencies of the truck in its final position off the side of HWY 3 on the embankment, and based on those photos it appears none of the shooting could have come from, or toward, the front windows, only toward the back. That raises the questions: Were the shots fired into the back window while the truck was driving down the highway where it could have encountered other traffic? Or were they fired into the truck after it was off the roadway and stopped?
I am in no way condoning bank robbery, but what if the officer had been given an erroneous tag number that was on a similar vehicle? What if it had been yours and you were just driving down the road minding your own business (maybe a little faster than you should have)? It's something to think about.
I too saw the reports that the gun in the suspects' vehicle had not been fired. I have not seen any reports confirming that is was.(The vehicle was stolen, although we don't know for sure by whom.)
Officers have a difficult job; that is for certain. But maybe some procedures need to be reviewed.
its just that some procedures need to be followed.
RE_maybe

United States

#53 Aug 1, 2011
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
its just that some procedures need to be followed.
Is there some question as to whether or not the law enforcement procedures were properly followed?
FYI

United States

#54 Aug 1, 2011
RE_maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there some question as to whether or not the law enforcement procedures were properly followed?
There is no procedure that allows a cop to go wild and shoot everyone inside a vehicle.
ImagineThat

Garber, OK

#55 Aug 1, 2011
Seems like this may be standard procedure for OHP

Some may recall back in the 80s when Steve Nabors was a local cop and he shot into a car load of people who ran a stop sign or some such piddling deal,shot a young man in the back........Nabors is now a state trooper.
FYI

United States

#56 Aug 1, 2011
ImagineThat wrote:
Seems like this may be standard procedure for OHP
Some may recall back in the 80s when Steve Nabors was a local cop and he shot into a car load of people who ran a stop sign or some such piddling deal,shot a young man in the back........Nabors is now a state trooper.
OHP Nabors stuck his nose in the middle of a civil dispute over property (this property in dispute didn't belong to him either). Law enforcement don't belong in the middle of civil disputes. You can read about it in the Atoka, OK forum.
pappy

Plano, TX

#57 Mar 23, 2013
What happened to the woman who was in the truck--was she prosecuted for bank robbery or released????
ThirdEyeWatching

Stigler, OK

#58 Mar 23, 2013
She pleaded no contest to 2 counts of murder and 1 count of possession of a firearm after former conviction of a felony. She was sentenced to 15 years, all but the first five suspended. Rachael is currently in the Eddie Warrior Correctional Facility.
pappy

Plano, TX

#59 Mar 25, 2013
tHANKS FOR THE INFO 3RD EYE WATCHING, KEEP ON LOOKING.
ThirdEyeWatching

United States

#60 Mar 25, 2013
pappy wrote:
tHANKS FOR THE INFO 3RD EYE WATCHING, KEEP ON LOOKING.
Looking for what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wright City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hugo cop caught having sex while on duty 2 hr Lisa 20
gay people in hugo? (Oct '10) 15 hr Beating drunk 63
Cathy Davidson Dec 10 Peye 1
Fraud Forensic Team Makes Way To Hugo Dec 9 Marsellus Wallace 1
Clarissa Crawford Dec 5 Curiously curious 1
unsolved cases in se oklahoma (Jun '13) Dec 5 Concerned Citizen 30
Sex Dec 5 Shortround 2

Wright City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance