Early History of Wright City, Oklahoma

Early History of Wright City, Oklahoma

Posted in the Wright City Forum

Joe Burns

Beaumont, TX

#1 Sep 8, 2007
My great uncle was William Wright, whom the town of Wright City was named for after he died in World War I. I am interested in finding more information about him and his parents, who were James Marion Wright and Louisa Jane Blackwood Wright. I would also like to purchase a copy of the Wright City book that was published during the 75th Anniversary of Wright City, which I understand contains articles and photos about the Wright family. Please contact me at [email protected] concerning any information that you may have on the Wright City history.
Sincerely,
Joe Burns
Jimm Jacobs

Panama, OK

#2 Dec 31, 2007
Joe,
contact Dot (Dorothy Thompson) Rattan, Ok. I do not have her phone no. handy. If you will email me back, I'l have it for you. books run approx 16buck or so plus postage.
I am the Historian for Forest Heritage Center & Museum, at Beavers Bend State Park and Resort.
I live 5miles north of Valliant, retired, and a board member of the McCurtain County Historical Society. Thanks, Jimm
Mary F Thompson

Britton, MI

#3 Mar 12, 2011
Seeking any information about John Columbus Parker that any one may have. He was my father and am seeking information about his family. E mail:[email protected] Thanks
deb

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Mary F Thompson wrote:
Seeking any information about John Columbus Parker that any one may have. He was my father and am seeking information about his family. E mail:[email protected] Thanks
Are you kin to daisy thompson
Ron Secor

Bellingham, WA

#5 Sep 7, 2013
My family lived in Wright City circa, 1935-1941 My sister and I were both born in Wright City by mid wives and my dad worked for the lumber company ,we lived in a shotgun house, provided by the timber company. My dad got paid with credit at the company store and working conditions were poor at best. does anyone else have similar circumstances ?Ron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wright City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humanity's Deepest Desires For Orgasm And Destr... 15 hr Helping a Friend 6
Topix Artificial Intelligence Key Word Blocking... 15 hr Justin 7
Martin Luther King Jr. FBI File & Assassination... Tue Nobody Can Eat Fi... 1
The Dangerous Memes Are Exponentially Self-Repl... Tue Nobody Can Eat Fi... 3
Jeff Rabon FIRED (Apr '15) Mon Old timer 11
brandon motley got arrested cds (Dec '10) Mon John Cowspitt 56
Ace Ingram Sun His mom 2

Wright City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance