Two dead after vehicle goes over guar...

Two dead after vehicle goes over guard rail, flips into creek i...

There are 12 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 5, 2009, titled Two dead after vehicle goes over guard rail, flips into creek i.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Nobles County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the accident that claimed the lives of two people - Patrick Theodore Bartman, 25, of Worthington, and Kelli Jo Cordes, 24, of Fairmont.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Henry J

United States

#3 May 5, 2009
You two people are idiots. That creek is deep. It's more aptly considered a river. If you have any knowledge of Southern Minnesota, you would know that during this time of year, fields are covered with old corn stalks that remain from the harvesting season. With rain, they often end up in rivers, lakes, creeks, and the like.
And yes, people were looking for them. Everyone had been looking for them for a week. Missing persons notices were out and everyone was searching. No one had reason to suspect they had ended up in the river or that they were even in the area where they were found.
You are a bunch of insensitive jacka*sses. Sherlock, just because you live in Minneapolis does not make you better/smarter/more cultured/etc than those who live in rural Minnesota. I'm a native of rural MN, spent 10 years in the metro, hated it, and returned home. And I guarantee you that I'm smarter/more cultured/have more geographic knowledge than you do. You don't know anything - about the world, about your state, about people and respect for them, about cornstalks - anything.
Jackie O

United States

#4 May 5, 2009
You hit it right on the head Henry.
I guess Sherlock, with all of his wit, failed to notice that his usage of "corny" makes no sense.
TAC

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 5, 2009
Ok Henry and Jackie, If you actually read where the story was written from, you would have noticed that it came from the Worthington Globe, which the last time I checked was a local paper.
I'm guessing that your angry about the loss of these two individuals. It is a sad story and more tragic that it took so long to find them. My condolences go out to the family.
Scott

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 5, 2009
Henry J wrote:
You two people are idiots. That creek is deep. It's more aptly considered a river. If you have any knowledge of Southern Minnesota, you would know that during this time of year, fields are covered with old corn stalks that remain from the harvesting season. With rain, they often end up in rivers, lakes, creeks, and the like.
And yes, people were looking for them. Everyone had been looking for them for a week. Missing persons notices were out and everyone was searching. No one had reason to suspect they had ended up in the river or that they were even in the area where they were found.
You are a bunch of insensitive jacka*sses. Sherlock, just because you live in Minneapolis does not make you better/smarter/more cultured/etc than those who live in rural Minnesota. I'm a native of rural MN, spent 10 years in the metro, hated it, and returned home. And I guarantee you that I'm smarter/more cultured/have more geographic knowledge than you do. You don't know anything - about the world, about your state, about people and respect for them, about cornstalks - anything.
Dude, you really need to remember your medication when you wake up in the morning.
Kellen

United States

#7 May 5, 2009
Well, I read the rude comments posted early this morning by a poster named "Sherlock." I can understand where Henry and Jackie are coming from. Sherlock's postings were callous and I'm not surprised that they were removed by the mediator.
Henry, I felt as upset as you did when I read them. Maybe you went a little over the top in your response (?) but I can understand the anger you felt about the horrible jokes Sherlock had posted.
My condolences go to the families.
Josie Mallock

United States

#8 May 5, 2009
um, yeah. I read this article early this morning too. Henry and Jackie's postings are in response to two other HORRIBLE postings that were up here earlier.(hence, why there is a #3 next to Henry's post although it appears his is the first one now).

This morning, two users - one named Sherlock and I don't remember the other - had written terrible things. Saying the story was "corny" or something. Just sick. I am one of the users who flagged those posts as inappropriate.

So, yeah, Henry and Jackie's comments weren't aimed at the writers or anything like that. It was toward the two idiots who had posted before them.
Occams Chainsaw

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 5, 2009
Henry J wrote:
Take it easy there, Henry. Don't feed the trolls. You're only giving them what they want, and they're probably laughing at you right now. Your response sounded shrill and defensive. If anything, your whiny response only gives them reason to continue trolling sites like this.
BillB St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 5, 2009
Wow, sad story here.
Jimmy Tax

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 5, 2009
Henry J wrote:
WOW, Are you one of them People the( Department of Home Land Securty) was talking about? Im telling Obama about this! Yes im a Brown Shirt!
Summer

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 6, 2009
Kelli was loved and will be missed!!!!! we will forever love her, she touch so many lives!!! my heart thought and prayers go out to both familys!!!!!!!
LLJ

United States

#14 May 6, 2009
My prayers go to both families!! I grew up with Patrick, and though we hadn't kept in touch much since high school, everytime we saw each other it was like nothing had changed. He was a such a wonderful man. He will forever be loved and missed. My thoughts and prayers are with both families during this horrible time.
Summer

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 14, 2009
happy birthday kelli!!!! love ya lots!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worthington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worthington man accused of raping girl, threate... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Sburch 7
rude recptionist (May '16) May '16 Anonymous 1
Worthington community meetings (Mar '14) Mar '14 AndySeales 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Industrial Radiography Qualifying Course coming... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Clowe 1
Are there any Worthington Pizza Hut employees w... (Apr '13) Apr '13 formeremployeefromtn 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Worthington, MN (Dec '11) Sep '12 tyedye 4

Worthington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worthington Mortgages