For Minn.'s 2nd immigrant workers' bo...

For Minn.'s 2nd immigrant workers' boycott, a change in strategy

There are 45 comments on the Brainerd Daily Dispatch story from Apr 30, 2007, titled For Minn.'s 2nd immigrant workers' boycott, a change in strategy. In it, Brainerd Daily Dispatch reports that:

“I'm not sure that calling it a boycott is the best way to describe it. It's a rights rally”

When Minnesota immigrants take to Lake Street here on Tuesday as part of the second national immigrant workers' boycott, many of them won't actually be skipping out on their jobs. via Brainerd Daily Dispatch

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brainerd Daily Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

#59 May 14, 2007
paysan wrote:
Ok, this part of my study is complete, and so I must bid y'all a fond adieu...
My task here has been to document the extent of racism among the anti-immigrant movement. I am gathering data about this from various sources, one of which are online boards and blogs such as this one.
Simply by challenging the premises of anti-immigrant folks, it is easy to incite them to racism, since racism is their prime motivation. That is my thesis. And it is being confirmed. All of the data collected by me and the other 7 members of the team will be analyzed by computers, chi-square, regressions to show correlation of anti-immigrant fervor with the use of ethnic slurs or insults.
Well, I know all these big words are confusing you. However, I thank all of you for providing data which confirms my hypothesis. This data will be used extensively among the immigrant-defense movement to counter any effect you may attempt to have on society. It will be used to publically sully the anti-immigrant movement with its own dirt...the racism which pervades it.
I do sincerely apologize for giving so many of you high blood pressure as I exposed your game. Hey, it's my job, ok. And I'm so sorry for confusing so many of you with big words, history, etc. That was very insensitive on my part. Still, it's been fun. Gee, I'll sure miss you folks. Maybe I'll drop by again some time to see how you're doing.
Ciao, arrividerci, sciocchi.
You honestly think we buy into this? As I said before, you are a very deluded individual...you'll be back, you're addicted to this game you play...
Senators do Something

San Diego, CA

#60 May 14, 2007
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#61 May 14, 2007
paysan wrote:
Ok, this part of my study is complete, and so I must bid y'all a fond adieu...
My task here has been to document the extent of racism among the anti-immigrant movement. I am gathering data about this from various sources, one of which are online boards and blogs such as this one.
Simply by challenging the premises of anti-immigrant folks, it is easy to incite them to racism, since racism is their prime motivation. That is my thesis. And it is being confirmed. All of the data collected by me and the other 7 members of the team will be analyzed by computers, chi-square, regressions to show correlation of anti-immigrant fervor with the use of ethnic slurs or insults.
Well, I know all these big words are confusing you. However, I thank all of you for providing data which confirms my hypothesis. This data will be used extensively among the immigrant-defense movement to counter any effect you may attempt to have on society. It will be used to publically sully the anti-immigrant movement with its own dirt...the racism which pervades it.
I do sincerely apologize for giving so many of you high blood pressure as I exposed your game. Hey, it's my job, ok. And I'm so sorry for confusing so many of you with big words, history, etc. That was very insensitive on my part. Still, it's been fun. Gee, I'll sure miss you folks. Maybe I'll drop by again some time to see how you're doing.
Ciao, arrividerci, sciocchi.
Paysan, according to other posts/ forums - you haven't left yet! Your racist drivel keeps popping back!
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#62 May 14, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll look for your reincarnation. I'm sure it's coming.
It has happened already as he couldn't stop his racist diatribe!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#63 May 14, 2007
S Barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
It has happened already as he couldn't stop his racist diatribe!
Unreal. He's a real piece of work, albeit not a very intelligent one (oh, except Hello thinks he is).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worthington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worthington community meetings (Mar '14) Mar '14 AndySeales 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Predator politicians, government offices, state... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Debra Matheny 1
Industrial Radiography Qualifying Course coming... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Clowe 1
Are there any Worthington Pizza Hut employees w... (Apr '13) Apr '13 formeremployeefromtn 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Worthington, MN (Dec '11) Sep '12 tyedye 4
News WCCO's Liz Collin pregnant (Jul '12) Jul '12 Nita Baldwin 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worthington Mortgages