For Minn.'s 2nd immigrant workers' boycott, a change in strategy

Apr 30, 2007 Full story: Brainerd Daily Dispatch 45

“I'm not sure that calling it a boycott is the best way to describe it. It's a rights rally”

When Minnesota immigrants take to Lake Street here on Tuesday as part of the second national immigrant workers' boycott, many of them won't actually be skipping out on their jobs. via Brainerd Daily Dispatch

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
True American

Jay Em, WY

#1 Apr 30, 2007
What our Country needs is a Person who is like General president Eisenhower in office as President.

Remember What Eisenhower did when it came to this TYPE OF SISTUATION.

He called it operation wetback.
He had the ILLEGALS rounded up & DEPORTED
Immigrants are a joke

Stony Brook, NY

#2 Apr 30, 2007
What are immigrants fed up with? Are they fed up with taxpayers getting pissed off that the illegals are draining healthcare and education? Are they fed up that illegals have no right to demand anything in this country?

Maybe illegals should be fed up that they are chickenshit cowards that should be marching in their own country demanding rights, not here.

I hope the raids on employers keep happening. We need this here on Long Island.
Da Judge

Bellevue, NE

#3 Apr 30, 2007
I could be the President your looking for
but you and everyone else have to vote me in. How about telling Mexico to watch the border or we will take over their whole country.
True American

Jay Em, WY

#4 Apr 30, 2007
What our Country needs is a Person who is EXACTLY like General President
Eisenhower in office as PRESIDENT.

Remember What Eisenhower did when it came to THE ILLEGAL SITUATION.

HE called it OPERATION wetback.
He had the ILLEGALS rounded up & DEPORTED THEM BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY
WITH THEIR ANCHOR BABIES.

THIS PROBLEM WITH ILLEGALS & THEIR ANCHOR BABIES WOULD BE TOOKEN CARE
PRECISELY & SWIFTLY. & THE ILLEGAL SUPPORTERS WOULD BE PENALIZED,TRIED
FOR HABORING & TREASON & THEN DEPORTED OUT OF OUR COUNTRY. ALSO ANY OF
THE CHURCHES HELPING ILLEGALS SHOULD BE MADE TO PAY TAXES ON EVERYTHING
AS WELL.
WITHOUT ANY BS. WITHOUT EXCUSSES & WITHOUT LIES. THE ILLEGAL PROBLEM
WOUILD BE SOLVED.

Also Eisenhower also warned the American people about the corporate
interest groups controlling our Goverment & the Military Industrial
complex,getting us involved in undecisive wars that would cost American
lives & huge amounts of tax payer dollars. Everything we Americans are
suffering today,he warned us about WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT.

He was the last TRUE PATRIOT that LEAD our Nation. Remember, he was
General Eisenhower.

S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#6 Apr 30, 2007
"A day without an immigrant" - what a great day to shop and get things done. There will be less crowds and less traffic. Besides, there will less racket of all those running around out of control kids. Yeah, a great day to shop or do whatever you need to do!!!
US Citizen

Marshall, MN

#9 May 1, 2007
ICE has an important job to do. We need our immigration laws enforced.
ICE needs to follow the laws itself. Too many U.S. citizens and LEGAL immigrants had their homes invaded, without permission and without warrants.
U.S. Citizens and LEGAL immigrants also suffered the indignity of being detained in public, treated rudely, and questioned as if there was a presumption they were illegal immigrants.
True American

Jay Em, WY

#12 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
Ya, ya, ya, blah, blah, blah! We're heeeere! And, after you get over it, then get out of OUR COUNTRY! You americano useful idiots don't get it. We kicked your ass at the Alamo, and YOU are on Mexican property.
It never was your Country.
Never has been & never will be.
True American

Jay Em, WY

#13 May 1, 2007
REPORT TO ICE & DEPORT
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#14 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
Ya, ya, ya, blah, blah, blah! We're heeeere! And, after you get over it, then get out of OUR COUNTRY! You americano useful idiots don't get it. We kicked your ass at the Alamo, and YOU are on Mexican property.
WE, THEN KICKED YOUR A** IN THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN WAR. THE LAND WAS THEN SOLD BY THE TREATY OF HIDALGO TO AMERICA. THE LAND IS RIGHTFULLY AMERICAN!!! Go back and study history, instead of your RACIST FANTASIES by Chicano Studies.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#15 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, clueless! We kicked your dumbass at the Alamo. We'll be brining a school to a neighborhood near you, and kick it again. Meanwhile, speak Spanish.
Wow - how grade school is that, to change what I wrote when you choose to quote and reply to my writing. What are you, like 12? Stay in school, go back to school, and this time don't attend while bathed in a cloud of smoke from the crack pipe you just puffed on.

America owns the land, not Mexico. Get over it.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#16 May 1, 2007
S Barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
WE, THEN KICKED YOUR A** IN THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN WAR. THE LAND WAS THEN SOLD BY THE TREATY OF HIDALGO TO AMERICA. THE LAND IS RIGHTFULLY AMERICAN!!! Go back and study history, instead of your RACIST FANTASIES by Chicano Studies.
What is wrong with the moron? He sounds about 12 and overtaking mommy's computer.

On the other thread he claims Mexico won the Mexican-American war and then states Mexico sold the land to Americans and so we don't have any rights here. Huh?

He apparently missed the concept that when someone sells something it now belongs to the new owner, not the person who did the selling. This guy is a prime example of why people should stay in school and get an education.
Quincy Chippe

Fresno, CA

#17 May 1, 2007
It is not a day without Immmigrants -It is a day without ILLEGAL Immigrants. I know several LEGAL Immigrants who are not marching and are working - proud to be Americans - including my Father and My Uncle. The came here legally, went ot citizenship school and became citizens and speak the American Language.

A day without an Illegal immigrant is how everyday should be.
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#19 May 1, 2007
Quincy Chippe wrote:
It is not a day without Immmigrants -It is a day without ILLEGAL Immigrants. I know several LEGAL Immigrants who are not marching and are working - proud to be Americans - including my Father and My Uncle. The came here legally, went ot citizenship school and became citizens and speak the American Language.
A day without an Illegal immigrant is how everyday should be.
Yes, and today was great I got all my shopping with lot less crowds. By the way, in my area there were lots and lots of Latinos shopping. I, guess, they don't believe in a day without an illegal alien either!
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#20 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Barnes from "Rancho Cucamonga," I don't think that the World Court would condone the theft of our property names in a gringo land swap deal. Something your americano politicians are very good at. So go swindle your land from Canada.
You are such an idiot, it is not worth responding to you. I WILL SPEAK PLAINLY FOR YOU - MEXICO LOST THE WAR!!! I REPEAT, THEY LOST THE WAR AND THEN, SURRENDERED THE LAND. THEN, THE AMERICANS BEING NICE GUYS EVEN GAVE THEM MONEY FOR THE LAND. Since, no one can be that stupid I will guess that you are a racist troll. Go find your La Raza site and load up on your racist diatribe.
Rick

Meridian, ID

#21 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, clueless! Kicked your butt at the Alamo. We'll be brining a school to a town near you, and do it again. Meanwhile, speak Spanish!
How many of you tootsie roll look alikes did it take at the Alamo. Be Ashamed. Be very Ashamed! This is our country you stupid taco muncher. It might take awhile but you are all going home. Meanwhile how does it fill to be a theif? Yea you are a thief. Why should I have money taken from my checks to give to you you freaking thief. Americans are getting restless. We are demanding that our Government haul your noisey asses home. If you insisted on being thieves. You should of at least toned it down. Like you wern't even around. But you had to go and march in our streets an f### with our flag and our anthem. You just had to make your dammed demands. You all screwed up. You'll see Your big mouths are gonna bite ya in the ass. You'll See. Now go ahead and say something stupid. Give me yor best shot. Theif.I bet I won't be able to sleep.
Senators do Something

San Diego, CA

#23 May 1, 2007
US Citizen wrote:
ICE has an important job to do. We need our immigration laws enforced.
ICE needs to follow the laws itself. Too many U.S. citizens and LEGAL immigrants had their homes invaded, without permission and without warrants.
U.S. Citizens and LEGAL immigrants also suffered the indignity of being detained in public, treated rudely, and questioned as if there was a presumption they were illegal immigrants.
Where was that??? ICE has been around here alot lately and we've never had that problem.
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#24 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
"We" surrendered nothing! Sombreros for sale, Sombreros for sale. You will need them on your very long trip in going north. Pack up now and leave, and get one burrito free for the road. Bye, bye, boo hoo, so sad to see you go gringo!
Self loathing is so bad, but you can go to lots of counseling. Those mushrooms must be having their effect right now and when you do so much Dusting is will get rid of brain cells. Oh, I forgot you don't have any left. Then, go right ahead as there is nothing, but empty space up there.
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

#25 May 1, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
"We" surrendered nothing! Sombreros for sale, Sombreros for sale. You will need them on your very long trip in going north. Pack up now and leave, and get one burrito free for the road. Bye, bye, boo hoo, so sad to see you go gringo!
Again, Mexico LOST THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN WAR. THEY LOST THE LAND TO AMERICA AND JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN LA-LA LAND THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT TRUE.

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

#29 May 2, 2007
Gonzales wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey esse, on OUR land in "Rancho Cucamonga," your wrong, you know it, and now get over it! After we kicked your butts at the Alamo, as you know, there was the Treaty of Hidalgo (1848). Look at the document again, and you'll see that under the agreement that Mexicans must move freely across OUR boarder. Furthermore, under the agreement americanos don't have an "official" language, Mexicans can and should speak whatever they want; therefore, it is the gringos and their gringo-bunnies who should be speaking Spanish. The agreement also allows us Mexicans citizenship and retention of land rights of the land you americanos took from us, see Article VIII of the Hidalgo Treaty. Finally, you allege that the americano paid for the land; HA!, you paid for it with Gold mined off of our land!
Just so you don't look so foolish next time, here's the link to the historical treaty:
http://www.historicaldocuments.com/TreatyofGu...
Now I make a (hypothetical) deal with you. Thank you for the many "free" services you provide us Mexican citizens, it has been long past due to us for use of OUR land! We will deduct such services from the "lease" of our land, deal? Next, Mexico should provide reparations to the americano government for its miners and their efforts in extracting Gold from OUR land,(in the gringos bogus purchase of OUR land); such reparations can also be deducted from the lease, deal? Just so you know, instead of you and gringo people owing us Mexicans SEVERAL BILLIONS of DOLLARS, the lease bills could be reduced to a few Billion Dollars, deal? Finally, you will be evicted to above the 39th parallel, anywhere above Kansas. As a personal kinship to you and others, Mexicans will provide free sombreros and burritos for your long journey. Just so you know, deal?
What d' ya say?
"Mexicans now established in territories previously belonging to Mexico, and which remain for the future within the limits of the United States, as defined by the present treaty, shall be free to continue where they now reside, or to remove at any time to the Mexican Republic, retaining the property which they possess in the said territories, or disposing thereof, and removing the proceeds wherever they please, without their being subjected, on this account, to any contribution, tax, or charge whatever."

This refers to Mexicans who already happened to be living on territory which later became part of the USA...your misinterpretation is as stupid as the misinterpretation amenmendment 14, granting birthright citizenship to children of illegals. Try another tactic...this one is lame.
Senators do Something

San Diego, CA

#33 May 2, 2007
MSNBC is going to have a republican debate tomorrow night.

Congressmen Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, and Ron Paul will be my focus since they will do something about illegal immigration.

Lou Dobb's is having a special Town Hall meeting in Hazelton this evening. Should be interesting.

If you didn't call you senators and congressmembers yesterday please call today to tell them NO Amensty Secure the Borders Enforce Immigration Laws

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worthington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worthington community meetings (Mar '14) Mar '14 AndySeales 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Predator politicians, government offices, state... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Debra Matheny 1
Industrial Radiography Qualifying Course coming... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Clowe 1
Are there any Worthington Pizza Hut employees w... (Apr '13) Apr '13 formeremployeefromtn 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Worthington, MN (Dec '11) Sep '12 tyedye 4
News WCCO's Liz Collin pregnant (Jul '12) Jul '12 Nita Baldwin 1
Worthington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Worthington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]