Worthington students can get 'excused...

Worthington students can get 'excused absence' for prom prepara...

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Worthington students can get 'excused absence' for prom prepara.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Looks like there'll be no early outs for students attending the Worthington High School prom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mark

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2009
Excused absence for a select group of students - only those that attend the prom?
thissucks

Clearwater, MN

#2 Feb 18, 2009
Makes ya kinda wonder how young ladies have managed to get ready for prom over the last decades, without time off from school. Funny, they had no problem when my parents were in high school. When I went to the prom, 40 years ago, my date looked wonderful. Maybe we were just better at time management than they are now.
Bob

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Feb 18, 2009
Move the prom to saturday night- no problems
Maplewood

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 18, 2009
The kids should stay and school and take a test on time management - otherwise how are they going to get ready for their jobs???
Dicky

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2009
thissucks wrote:
Makes ya kinda wonder how young ladies have managed to get ready for prom over the last decades, without time off from school. Funny, they had no problem when my parents were in high school. When I went to the prom, 40 years ago, my date looked wonderful. Maybe we were just better at time management than they are now.
Well, if your school was like mine, the prom was on a Saturday. It makes no sense to have it on Friday.
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Feb 18, 2009
I'm glad to see the school's priorities are in order. Imagine expecting kids to let classwork get in the way of the prom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worthington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Friendship comes at a price for the new Seward ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Phineas 6
Worthington community meetings (Mar '14) Mar '14 AndySeales 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Predator politicians, government offices, state... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Debra Matheny 1
Industrial Radiography Qualifying Course coming... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Clowe 1
Are there any Worthington Pizza Hut employees w... (Apr '13) Apr '13 formeremployeefromtn 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Worthington, MN (Dec '11) Sep '12 tyedye 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worthington Mortgages