Worth Mayoral Race!!
Worth

Plainfield, IL

#63 Mar 7, 2013
Worth wrote:
Jim from Worth wrote:
Mary voted YES for every vote that came up while she was on the board. She along with all the trustees stick together with Randy leading them. Does not make sense to me she now wants to complete against Randy. Also, Mrs Price too??? Randy has always had her back, and NOW she decides to put her name on the ballot with Mary.
Really Jim Really. Randy has NEVER EVER had her back. Another untruth Jim as you know. For anyone out there who believes Jim just pick up a phone and get the facts from our current Clerk and soon to be our reelected Clerk unlike the outgoing Mayor and his followers
Jim I just have one question for you. You say Randy has always had Mrs Prices back. Why then as soon as Randy was elected did he cut her pay in half? Only to give it back to her after the last election. It just upsets me when R Elected officials try to blow smoke up R A --. Just so you know Jim the people of Worth are Smarter than a 5th grader. People of Worth These words I speak are the truth and can not be disputed. Just call Mrs Price. Our current administration will have you be leave otherwise. One more thing Jim you say (All the trustees stick together with Randy)these are your words Jim you said them. But Trustee Pete, Colleen, and the Worth Clerk stepped away from Randy in this Election?
Jim from Worth

United States

#64 Mar 7, 2013
Worth wrote:
<quoted text>Jim I just have one question for you. You say Randy has always had Mrs Prices back. Why then as soon as Randy was elected did he cut her pay in half? Only to give it back to her after the last election. It just upsets me when R Elected officials try to blow smoke up R A --. Just so you know Jim the people of Worth are Smarter than a 5th grader. People of Worth These words I speak are the truth and can not be disputed. Just call Mrs Price. Our current administration will have you be leave otherwise. One more thing Jim you say (All the trustees stick together with Randy)these are your words Jim you said them. But Trustee Pete, Colleen, and the Worth Clerk stepped away from Randy in this Election?
Trustee Colleen supportes Randy and vise versa. They attened each other's fundrasisers. And Trustee Pete is a family member of another Trustee of Worth. And Pete supports Randy's team. As far as the Clerk. She I am not sure of. She put her name on MW sign, but I think that was just a money thing. The clerk made a bad choice and soon she will be out. If not this election, then the next one the Voice of Worth will have a high person in the clerk position to run against her. So who do you think will win the TRUSTEES spots this election? Only three spots oepn, and 4 people running. Who will not win?
Bla bla bla

Plainfield, IL

#65 Mar 7, 2013
People don't be fooled by the poster "Worth". He is the king of manipulation and the end goal is to elect Mary Werner as mayor. I won't out you this time my friend but all you spread is rumors in an effort to have you know who elected. If you want a real Werner to be mayor, a man who is intelligent and fair, then it's time to bring back Kevin.

I will vote for Bonnie but never Mary as mayor. U have got to be kidding me. If she wants she can still be a trustee but nothing more.

All the people of worth has to do is look at the state the village was in 4 years ago and look where it is now. Mary has not found or said one thing solid that the village was hiding money to scare us. That's what they said 2 years ago, I hope you all remember.

The village is heading in a good direction and even if you don't think randy is the ideal mayor, he sure is the best decision in this election. There may be someone reading this right now that is more qualified. I encourage you to get involved and maybe in 4 years we will see your name on the ballot.
neighbor in worth

Worth, IL

#66 Mar 7, 2013
Jim from worth,
please recheck your facts. My wife went to Colleen's fundraiser and randy was not invited. There is not a relationship there and has not been for a while. I am planning to go to Mary's meet and greet on the 10th to hear what she has to say.
This is a stupid forum.
Jim from Worth

United States

#67 Mar 8, 2013
So tell me then.....If Randy is out and Mary is in.... You saying the four trustees all running will be in too?

And if for some reason Randy wins and Mary stays as Trustee...which of the three will be out: Ted M., Colleen M., Jim S. or Rich D.?
worth person

Oak Lawn, IL

#68 Mar 8, 2013
here is how it there are three trustee spots open and 4 people running only 3 can win . randy and mary have nothing to do with the trustee vote. if mary wins and god forbid she can appoint a person to take her spot as trustee.
still confused

United States

#69 Mar 8, 2013
Hey worth person still waiting on those qualifications to be mayor.....
Jim from Worth

United States

#70 Mar 8, 2013
worth person wrote:
here is how it there are three trustee spots open and 4 people running only 3 can win . randy and mary have nothing to do with the trustee vote. if mary wins and god forbid she can appoint a person to take her spot as trustee.
Who will be the 3 Trustees to win?? And if Mary wins, who will she appoint?
still confused

United States

#71 Mar 8, 2013
The three with the most votes. and the long run I don't think it will really matter. Mcelroy is probably the best of the 4 but all 4 have what's the best for the village on their minds. If werner wins I'm sure she will find someone who has what's best for the village mindset.
I say we elect people more conservative with less of a tax first mindset
hot dog lover

Palos Hills, IL

#72 Mar 9, 2013
Who is the hot dog guy voting for?
Worthy

Alsip, IL

#73 Mar 10, 2013
Hope the candidates stop by & knock on doors again. & go to the houses where people weren't home the first time. I like a candidate that hits the pavement. They are the ones I vote for when undecided!

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#74 Mar 11, 2013
I wouldn't determine my choice only by what I read here. Take my word for it TOPIX is the wild west of internet interaction. However, any information is worth looking at and into. Go to any candidate themselves and query them as to the issues and perceived issues. Get it right from the horses mouth. And don't beat a dead horse here with the topix anonymity.

Smoke and Mirrors

Worth, IL

#75 Mar 22, 2013
For all those interested in talking with Mayor Randy Keller, Trustees Rich Dziedzic and Jim Serpico I just received their fllyer and it states they will be hosting a meet and greet at Marrs Meyer American Legion Hall this Sunday, March 24th from 3:00 - 5:00p.m.

Don't hide behind your computer - if you want to hear the truth come put and ask your questions!!
still confused

Palos Hills, IL

#76 Mar 23, 2013
Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
For all those interested in talking with Mayor Randy Keller, Trustees Rich Dziedzic and Jim Serpico I just received their fllyer and it states they will be hosting a meet and greet at Marrs Meyer American Legion Hall this Sunday, March 24th from 3:00 - 5:00p.m.
Don't hide behind your computer - if you want to hear the truth come put and ask your questions!!
when did you get that flyer? It wasn't out yesterday so since you posted around midnight that must mean you are one of the three or a friend. I just took it off my porch this morning. good to see them man up. problem is I bet you anything that they won't field questions. If they do and they don't like the question then watch out because they will tear you up if they can.
Curious George

Alsip, IL

#77 Mar 23, 2013
Terrific to hear! I'll be there!
Smoke and Mirrors

Worth, IL

#78 Mar 23, 2013
Still confused when I came home it was on my porch - Man up?? Mayor Keller, Trustees Dziedzic and Serpico have been knocking on doors speaking to residents for months! Like I said don't hide behind your computer come out and talk with the candidates.
The flyer points out the fact that Werner has done NOTHING for the two years she has been on the board. It is clear to see that she hasn't a clue - proposing a plan that is illegal or better yet the fact that it took her 10 months to meet with the Finance Director after the Mayor appointed her as the Chair of Finance. One would have thought she would have been eager to come in and uncover what she claimed was "smoke and mirrors" that the Village was not broke, but what she found was the truth and even told the Mayor and Trustees what a great job they did getting the Village through a very difficult economic period. Anyone with any kind of common sense should be asking themselves why Werner voted with the board 99.9% of the time - why haven't we heard from Werner in two years- now because she wants to be Mayor she is trying to paint a different picture. Come on is this someone who has the best interest of our Village at heart or her own self-interest??
The proof is in the Village - anyone with two eyes can see that our Village is going in the right direction with Mayor Keller at the helm!
worth resident

Palos Hills, IL

#79 Mar 23, 2013
Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
Still confused when I came home it was on my porch - Man up?? Mayor Keller, Trustees Dziedzic and Serpico have been knocking on doors speaking to residents for months! Like I said don't hide behind your computer come out and talk with the candidates.
The flyer points out the fact that Werner has done NOTHING for the two years she has been on the board. It is clear to see that she hasn't a clue - proposing a plan that is illegal or better yet the fact that it took her 10 months to meet with the Finance Director after the Mayor appointed her as the Chair of Finance. One would have thought she would have been eager to come in and uncover what she claimed was "smoke and mirrors" that the Village was not broke, but what she found was the truth and even told the Mayor and Trustees what a great job they did getting the Village through a very difficult economic period. Anyone with any kind of common sense should be asking themselves why Werner voted with the board 99.9% of the time - why haven't we heard from Werner in two years- now because she wants to be Mayor she is trying to paint a different picture. Come on is this someone who has the best interest of our Village at heart or her own self-interest??
The proof is in the Village - anyone with two eyes can see that our Village is going in the right direction with Mayor Keller at the helm!
Your flyer only points out your exaggerated and misleading facts that you say are true.
Your senior commission hasn’t had a meeting in two years. Ever since you appointed your money begging buddies to the commission the regular seniors who were on it have all left. Now that Werner wants to get a true senior commission going again have you started to appoint new members! Of course they haven’t met yet and have no direction or leadership. And please stop with the neighbor in need crap. Dziedzic is the only member that works that. Keller can’t be found until it’s an election year and then all of a sudden he goes and shovels one sidewalk and he wants all the credit…please.
Any inter-government deal requires board approval so again enough with the “I” set up these great deals all by myself nonsense. Unless of course you are talking about the back door deal you made with the crossing guards. Should I elaborate for you the bridges you burnt with that one Mr. K?
Werner stated at those board meetings during your failed home rule run that she would rather have a “voter” supported sales or property tax increase not just giving you the power to do what you want. Typical political strategy taking sentences out of context and spinning things how ever you feel best fits your agenda.
Looking back thank God that home rule failed. You and your ego trip would have killed the home owners in Worth…wanting an 11% plus property tax increase .have you lost your mind Mr. K?
A “friends of worth” group would be great for the village. It would be something that would bring the community together. It could host events promoting the village, school or library. Of course you don’t care about unity so I wouldn’t expect you to understand what that kind of group does….every heard of the friend of the library, friends of the park district. You are so hard up Mr. K that you are picking on things you have no clue about.
Independents

Worth, IL

#80 Mar 23, 2013
What I am not understand is that I signed a petition for a trustee that said he was running as an independent. I was asked by him to put up a sign once they came out. I agreed to because I think this guy is a good worker. Once I came home from work and the sign was there I was surprised. This was no indpendent candiate? He is on the mayors ticket, and on all the flyers. There is nothing indpendent about this at all.
saddened

United States

#81 Mar 23, 2013
I had a black and yellow sign in my yard until todays flyer came out. you should have stuck to your record and not played the typical politician. that flyer is a typical move by someone who is afraid they're going to lose.
now I don't know who I'm voting for.
confused

Oak Lawn, IL

#82 Mar 23, 2013
there are 4 people running a trustee spot and they are all independents. the flyer that came out today states all true facts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 3 min Change Is Needed 287
Village overtime 1 hr Survived the Fest 3
Some Day 2 hr The Constituent 3
What do City Clerk Randy Heuser, Fred Biloto, C... 3 hr Sac o nuts 15
Accountability .. it's all in the numbers 4 hr Follow the Money ... 6
Mike Cornell 8 hr Betrayed by BIIP 30
BIIP Cost Cutting Ideas 8 hr Betrayed by the BIIP 1

Worth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worth Mortgages