Woman found dead in cluttered Worth h...

Woman found dead in cluttered Worth home a compulsive hoarder, son says

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Feb 15, 2012, titled Woman found dead in cluttered Worth home a compulsive hoarder, son says. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

A 72-year-old Worth woman whose decomposed body was found Tuesday under piles of trash in her home in south suburban Worth had been a hoarder for years, perhaps because she grew up in Germany during World War II, her son said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

zena

Sevierville, TN

#1 Feb 15, 2012
I went to school with her son & he was a nut! What does having lived in Germany during ww2 have to do with it? So did some of my family & they aren't living like that. And why wasn't her sons looking after her or getting her the help she deserved? They were always a pretty weird bunch, but the poor lady didn't deserve to die like this. Another question I was wondering about - why was she lying under a pile of trash after she died? How did the trash get on top of her so badly that no one was able to find her? Perhaps she fell in the pile of trash & died or maybe someone put the trash on top of her.
Her son would walk up & down Oak Park Ave with a buggy of laundry every few days. If you spoke to him he would just mumble.
Creepy!!!
Joann

Berwyn, IL

#2 Feb 15, 2012
So sad to hear. They were my neighbors , our backyards touched. Very messy! I met the husband before , didnt speak much. Often walked around with his dog. I never met the wife though. She didnt get out much. Had no idea they had a son living there?
Also wondering how she ended up underneath all the garbage?? Now way she ended up there herself! Someone had to put the garbage on top of her. Poor lady :(
such a shame

Palos Hills, IL

#3 Feb 15, 2012
Like the Burger King Play ground ball Pit. You fall on Top and you end you in the bottom.
Or the TV Show Hoarders.
She must have been in the middle? where they couldn't find her. Maybe Dogs could of found her faster?
A sad, sad story. Maybe a lesson to learn? Check up on friends, especially the elderly. A shock to hear this happened in Worth, in a nice home ( from the street), on a well traveled street. RIP.
sad

Palos Heights, IL

#4 Feb 15, 2012
zena wrote:
I went to school with her son & he was a nut! What does having lived in Germany during ww2 have to do with it? So did some of my family & they aren't living like that. And why wasn't her sons looking after her or getting her the help she deserved? They were always a pretty weird bunch, but the poor lady didn't deserve to die like this. Another question I was wondering about - why was she lying under a pile of trash after she died? How did the trash get on top of her so badly that no one was able to find her? Perhaps she fell in the pile of trash & died or maybe someone put the trash on top of her.
Her son would walk up & down Oak Park Ave with a buggy of laundry every few days. If you spoke to him he would just mumble.
Creepy!!!
They say sometimes when you have a tramatic up bringing it causes strang behaviors like hoarding (some times) If you ever watch the shows on it they always talk about a tragic event in someones life that triggered that behavior or it was something they did and gets worse later in life... I don't know I agree with you though we have all had tuff times in some form doesn't make us all live like that. Having dealt with hoarders I will say they can be impossible to work with ... no reasoning with them. However I have NEVER dealt with that bad of a hoarder to wear they'd be burried in filth and trash.. just a lot of clutter and junk.. dusty at most.. Its a very sad story.. Maybe she fell and the junk toppled over her? The filth masked the dead smell?? Hopefully he wasn't invovled.. There is some neglect on him over this though he lived there she was a senior hes likely to be charged.
worth

Alsip, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2012
The man use to sit in the lawn chair out in front of his house with his dog at his side. Use to walk past with my child to go to the park untill I realized he would have his hand in his pants. She would be out every day driving around in the blue and white truck. She was very social,I myself had many talks with her. You clearly knew there was a hording problem cause her truck has been full of garabge for years and the back end would drag real low because of the weight. You would also see the junk all in the driveway and all the side windows had plastic on them on the outside. The son Frank was a strange man. I had heard he was fired from pizza hut for peeping in the restroom at little girls. I did not live on her block but was wondering if anyone had ever called and reported the mess before? How could her 2 sons that did not live with them just let them live like this? All they had to do was pick up a phone and report the mess in the house and someone would of atleast tried to help. all in all it's very sad. I heard on the news that Frank the son who lives there is now able to go back home are they going to make him empty the house?
worthless

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Feb 16, 2012
If neighbor saw a mess in the yard/why wasnt the village called about it.
Friendlyvillage

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2012
Some of you commenting are neighbors! You could see crud stacked inside the house from the street and a yard full of garbage! Did not 1 of you think this may be a health hazard not only for the people inside but the community as well?? No one called the Police or PLOWS??? I'm glad your not my neighbors! Oh well, back to burying your heads in the sand.
A shame

Palos Hills, IL

#8 Feb 16, 2012
The son, the neighbors, the Meter readers, the Postman ( or woman) must have know something was wrong.
There must be many mice roaches and other things looking to find a new home.
The Village should hire professionals and exterminators to do this job.
The son should not be let back in until the work is done & paid for.
Drunk in Worth

Arlington Heights, IL

#9 Mar 18, 2012
i think the tain stration should be filled with garbage, and that is that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Code Red... Powered by Topix 1 hr Face It 39
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin 3 hr Its black thing 8
Snow removal, 2014 (Feb '14) 4 hr Drain the BIIP Swamp 236
Grandma Fran Too Sick To Continue (May '16) 6 hr Civic Duty 31
News Former Chicago Ridge police chief's pay soared ... (Sep '12) 8 hr Manhatan 257
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 9 hr Greed Over People 9,362
Who is running for Mayor of Chicago Ridge? 12 hr not so easy 65

Worth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worth Mortgages