Volo
Warrenville
Waukegan
West Dundee
Wheeling
Wilmette
Winnetka
Woodridge

7 of these towns are also laying off a LARGE amount of their own officers. Just and FYI as we all want answer and need to soultions to our $$ problems here in Worth. Its everywhere Home rule or not. I believe the lay offs would have happened here either way the vote went.
resident

Palos Heights, IL

#2 Nov 14, 2010
Interesting wrote:
Algonquin
Alsip
Alton
Arlington Heights
Aurora
Barrington Hills
Bartlett
Bartonville
Bedford Park
Bellwood
Berwyn
Bloomington
Bolingbrook
Buffalo Grove
Burbank
Burnham
Cahokia
Calumet City
Calumet Park
Carbondale
Carol Stream
Carpentersville
Champaign
Channahon
Chicago
Chicago Heights
Chicago Ridge
Cicero
Collinsville
Country Club Hills
Countryside
Crystal Lake
Danville
Darien
Decatur
Deerfield
DeKalb
Des Plaines
Downers Grove
East St. Louis
Edwardsville
Elgin
Elk Grove Village
Elmhurst
Elmwood Park
Elwood
Evanston
Evergreen Park
Fairview Heights
Flora
Forest View
Freeport
Galesburg
Glen Ellyn
Glenview
Glenwood
Golf
Granite City
Gurnee
Hanover Park
Harwood Heights
Highwood
Hillside
Hoffman Estates
Homer Glen
Inverness
Jacksonville
Joliet
Lake Barrington
Lake Bluff
Lansing
Lincolnwood
Manhattan
Maywood
McCook
Mettawa
Monee
Monmouth
Morton Grove
Mount Prospect
Mundelein
Naperville
Niles
Normal
Norridge
North Chicago
Northbrook
Northlake
Oak Forest
Oak Lawn
Oak Park
Oakbrook Terrace
Orland Park
Park City
Park Forest
Peoria
Peru
Phoenix
Quincy
Rantoul
Rock Island
Rolling Meadows
Round Lake Beach
Schaumburg
Schiller Park
Skokie
South Barrington
South Holland
Springfield
St. Charles
Stickney
Streamwood
Sycamore
Thornton
Tinley Park
University Park
Volo
Warrenville
Waukegan
West Dundee
Wheeling
Wilmette
Winnetka
Woodridge
7 of these towns are also laying off a LARGE amount of their own officers. Just and FYI as we all want answer and need to soultions to our $$ problems here in Worth. Its everywhere Home rule or not. I believe the lay offs would have happened here either way the vote went.
These towns that are mentioned must not have a Board that is fiscally responsible. Bottom line, it would have fixed our problems and we would have put our layed off workers back to work, period!!Quit tryng to compare us with other towns, each town has each of their own problems.
Interesting

Palos Park, IL

#3 Nov 14, 2010
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
These towns that are mentioned must not have a Board that is fiscally responsible. Bottom line, it would have fixed our problems and we would have put our layed off workers back to work, period!!Quit tryng to compare us with other towns, each town has each of their own problems.
Your right! I am sure Naperville, Downersgrove, & Hoffman Estates'(to name a few) current board could learn a thing or two from ours... I mean its not like any of these towns were ever voted one of the best towns in America... O wait I am mistaken!!! Naperville was once.. o well.. silly me to try and make a point as in sucessful towns with higher demgraphics established buisnesses with home rule also laying off police officers then us. To make this comparison would be ... uhh useful information and we are only suposed to blast each other. Sorry.. forgot the rules here on topix. I should just insult anyone who doesn't agree with me... not give any facts...
Interesting

Palos Park, IL

#4 Nov 15, 2010
guess thats all we have to say about this.........
And Your Point Is

Elmwood Park, IL

#5 Nov 15, 2010
Interesting wrote:
guess thats all we have to say about this.........
Yea, So Naperville was voted best town. And your point is?
Weston

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 15, 2010
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if there taxes went up by $400.00 like mine did and so many others did in Worth. That right all these cuts plus the village gets 400.00 more. I said it be for and Ill say it again. Look at the past three Mayors. They all experience hard times with the economy and not one of them pulled this shit. Its very very clear Randy Keller is in way over his head. This is a Village, a Business not your home budget. Also you Randy have proven your arrogance to all when asked during the election are you going to keep your full time pay as a less than a part time Mayor. Remember what you said to the residents? Yes why shouldnt I. You got the ballzzz to threaten the Village Workers, Police. The Village Clerk. Now the Crossing Guards. Is there one trustee that we elected that will stand up and not agree with everything the Mayor Says? The Trustees are voting on all these issue right. The tie goes to the Mayor. Dam Bobble-Heads Please someone runs in April as an independent.
Interesting

Palos Park, IL

#7 Nov 15, 2010
And Your Point Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, So Naperville was voted best town. And your point is?
my point it ecconomy is bad across the country. my point is that I am sure our small town of Worth board cannot compare to their board. My point is even though a well run town like Naperville has Home Rule they are laying off just as many police officers then we are in Worth. My point was/is Home Rule isn't going to be the answer to all our prayers we are in a ecconomy crisis in America. Raising cost will bankrupt us.
LittleJ

Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

#8 Nov 15, 2010
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please elaborate and explain how Home Rule would "put our laid off workers back to work"?
LittleJ

#9 Nov 15, 2010
Just a few informative links for those of you debating Home Rule:

http://www.citizenadvocacycenter.org/Brochure...

http://www.jrap-journal.org/pastvolumes/2000/...
Deceived

Alsip, IL

#10 Nov 15, 2010
I am beginning to think anyone who tried to talk us into it, knew all along, what was going down. The lost 2 PD and now the Chief. It wouldn't of made a bit of difference except we would be paying more tax at our stores and at our gas stations and of course, our late property tax bill. STEVE and Company was right!
speeder

Hickory Hills, IL

#11 Nov 15, 2010
because with hr the board was going to start a 1% sales tax and a3% gas tax which would have given the village enough funds to keep running at a normal pace.
speeder

Hickory Hills, IL

#12 Nov 15, 2010
steve and company were right about what?

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#13 Nov 16, 2010
You guys in Worth got what you wanted, 1st you could have put a tax increase on the ballot and been able to keep your own fire dept. and no layoffs at the police department. In Midlothian we voted last year to raise our own taxes to pay to keep our services, we also passed Homerule with a tax cap referendum, meaning the trustees cannot raise our taxes higher then what the state of IL allows for non-homerule villages, but allows them use money where it is needed and not have to go by what the state mandates. We put in place Crime Free Housing, and now they will be flocking to your village for a place to stay, there has already been 2-3 dozen evictions because of it. Now you will have less patrols, and even more criminals moving to your town, enjoy.
resident

Palos Heights, IL

#14 Nov 16, 2010
Deceived wrote:
I am beginning to think anyone who tried to talk us into it, knew all along, what was going down. The lost 2 PD and now the Chief. It wouldn't of made a bit of difference except we would be paying more tax at our stores and at our gas stations and of course, our late property tax bill. STEVE and Company was right!
No people who listen to stuff like this are rediculous. Home rule would have generated revenue. DUH!!!
Oh really

Alsip, IL

#15 Nov 16, 2010
sad case wrote:
You guys in Worth got what you wanted, 1st you could have put a tax increase on the ballot and been able to keep your own fire dept. and no layoffs at the police department. In Midlothian we voted last year to raise our own taxes to pay to keep our services, we also passed Homerule with a tax cap referendum, meaning the trustees cannot raise our taxes higher then what the state of IL allows for non-homerule villages, but allows them use money where it is needed and not have to go by what the state mandates. We put in place Crime Free Housing, and now they will be flocking to your village for a place to stay, there has already been 2-3 dozen evictions because of it. Now you will have less patrols, and even more criminals moving to your town, enjoy.
Keep your slum & your advise in midlothian. Home Rule would not of saved the Fire Dept. North Palos got the contract years ago. The criminals they you think you evicted only moved next door. And you can't do anything about the criminal home owners. Your many vacant car dealership is an eye sore and ghetto looking. I'd rather live in Worth & pay more taxes than even live in Midlothian. I lock my doors when i drive by there. Get Real. You think you are Burr Ridge now? Ha! Advise from Midlo. That's funny!

“Trust me?”

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#16 Nov 16, 2010
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text> Keep your slum & your advise in midlothian. Home Rule would not of saved the Fire Dept. North Palos got the contract years ago. The criminals they you think you evicted only moved next door. And you can't do anything about the criminal home owners. Your many vacant car dealership is an eye sore and ghetto looking. I'd rather live in Worth & pay more taxes than even live in Midlothian. I lock my doors when i drive by there. Get Real. You think you are Burr Ridge now? Ha! Advise from Midlo. That's funny!
we are not laying off police, in fact we are hiring some new ones. The problem is that most felons and or drug dealers do not own homes, they rent. As leases come up for renewal, any convicted felon is shown the door. Where do they go? Towns without home rule. As far as the car dealerships, they are passing TIF district there, and already have a few lined up to move in and develop. At least if we call the police or fire, they arrive within a few minutes if not seconds.
LittleJ

#17 Nov 16, 2010
TIF district is a whole other story. Brookfield, where I'm from, is NOT on your Home Rule list as you can see, however, property taxes still have increased due to TIF District, which was fine considering what this money was supposed to build and support. I'm a firm believer that it is my duty to financially support my community's growth, rather than just sitting back and bitching about how things are falling apart around me while refusing to help and refusing any responsibility . But while it looks good in theory and is promoting local business, the main problem that I see is that these local businesses cannot stay afloat right now. Don't get me wrong, the work they've done to make us look like a mini downtown LaGrange is marvelous, however, it's not enough to keep these small businesses running. And as for helping to increase the real estate value, HA. The housing bubble burst and there is nothing that TIF is going to be able to do to counter that. A recent appraisal on the house, 4 blocks from the railroad tracks/main business attraction, and 5 houses south of Ogden Ave (proposed TIF District) is still at an all-time low. I understand that this all takes time, but it can be increasingly frustrating as a taxpayer to wake up every morning and wonder where my money is going because I'm only seeing more vacant spaces and no new businesses. When a neighbor takes their family 3 towns over for dinner, I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't choose to support one of our local restaurants instead...isn't this what you are paying for? When I see a local staple like John's finally close its doors after 20 plus years of service to our community, I can't help but shed a tear knowing that certain local fundraisers, Brookfield American and National Baseball/Softball leagues, and even just us local supporters will all miss out on the things that John's gave to us, and I'm not just talking about great food. And for what? Olive Garden?

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/riverside/opini...

http://rblandmark.com/main.asp...
Oh really

Alsip, IL

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Crime Free Housing? Are you a gated community? If you think all the Drug Dealers rent then you must have really bad Drug Dealers. There are Homeowners and how do you stop that? When Juan Mendez gets kicked out and moves in with Baby's Mama, how can you stop that? Or if he goes down to 26th & Cali and gets new ID, now he's Juan Mendoza. How can you stop that? Now if you did have 2-3 convicted felons, hopefully they moved into Prison. How many years did that take? I don't think in reality it works, it just makes them more sneaker. Reminding you on how many million of illegals are here, there are ways around our Laws.( obviously)

“Trust me?”

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#19 Nov 17, 2010
Oh really wrote:
Crime Free Housing? Are you a gated community? If you think all the Drug Dealers rent then you must have really bad Drug Dealers. There are Homeowners and how do you stop that? When Juan Mendez gets kicked out and moves in with Baby's Mama, how can you stop that? Or if he goes down to 26th & Cali and gets new ID, now he's Juan Mendoza. How can you stop that? Now if you did have 2-3 convicted felons, hopefully they moved into Prison. How many years did that take? I don't think in reality it works, it just makes them more sneaker. Reminding you on how many million of illegals are here, there are ways around our Laws.( obviously)
But since it went into effect crime has began to steadily drop. Many of the criminals do come from other towns, and many get caught, just the other day the Midlothian PD caught three burglars in the act, thats why we voted to raise our own taxes to keep them on the job. Our elected officials have been cutting waste from the budget since they were elected and continue to do so everyday, without cutting services. Many say they "nickel and dime" with the budget, but those pennies add up. Also as far as the crime free housing, there is an officer who only duty is to enforce the law of the ordinance, each car must be permitted to park at the apartments, if someone moves in that is not on the lease, the renter risks getting evicted. If anyone visiting an apartment breaks the law, the renter could be evicted. Each landlord has to take a class in order to be able to rent here, if they do not, they face fines until they comply up to and including not being licensed to rent property. Every person living in a rental unit has to have a thorough criminal background check on file, so if they attempt to use a false name it would show up. When these similar rules went into effect in Oak Forest, police calls to apartments dropped over 75%, freeing up those units to prevent and deter more crime in other areas. Your town voted down home rule, while just about every other town around you has voted it in, long with crime free rental programs, now where do you think they will move? And now with even less patrols.
Oh really

Alsip, IL

#20 Nov 17, 2010
So 1 guy without criminal records signs a lease ( he doesn't have to be legal , just a good background check and or $$) and 5 others move in. You are in dream land Midlo? It's just like no business is suppose to hire illegal workers ( all countries). Just like the Welfare Mama's who don't know Babys Daddy but live with them. And welfare Mama gets Linc?K food stamps & $$ and insurance and Baby's Daddy ( unknown or didn't sign financial responsibility) lives there too since Mama get Illinois State to pay for her & baby. You think Landlords don't want to fill their buildings? How ever they can. In Midlothian? Where do you get this stuff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When did Orland Square become ghetto? (Apr '11) 50 min Its1096 56
Rita is DONE! (Apr '11) 1 hr Booberry crunch 45
Fun and Games with JAWA 3 hr BI IN 10
Chicago Ridge man is charged with drug possessi... (Oct '08) 3 hr Ghiberti 6
So why do we still have 3 blocks of weeds? 11 hr Curiou 2
Governor Quinn are you Listening (Aug '13) 11 hr Losers 51
village idiot 11 hr Chet 16

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 9:05AM CDT

Worth Dating
Find my Match