CVS/Pharmacy Survey: Half of Consumers Say They Won't Get a Flu Shot This Year

Oct 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Health News Digest

WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 11, 2012 -- Despite recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that everyone 6 months or older get a flu vaccine every year, just over half of the respondents to a consumer survey conducted by CVS/pharmacy say they do not plan to get a flu shot this season.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
Lucky

Harlan, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Im Fine and in my latter 50,s never get flu shots and never will and stay away from people who do .
Anti vaccine viewpoints

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

You confuse causation with correlation. Your lack of protection from the flu is not the reason why you are "Lucky" or "Fine" without them.
I am glad to hear you will be staying away from the rest of us that actually are responsible and get the immunizations we need.
Hope you never get the shingles.
Colleen

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

I don't get the flu vaccine for myself, I get it for my nieces. They are only four. They do go to preschool and I worry that if they get the flu it would be a very bad experience for everyone. I get the flu shot to help protect them within a group of people who can't get the flu and bring it home to them. I would feel terrible if one of my co workers or friends gave it to me, then I brought it back to them. If I didn't have an elderly person or a small child I see on a regular basis, I am not sure if I would get one. But since I do, I do!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Woonsocket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Aug 18 UpForAnything22 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Aug 18 UpForAnything22 10
Review: New England Inflatables Aug 15 Boater 1
child support Aug 8 Siriuscat 2
Two loud bangs this morning? Jul 27 bEstbUy 2
Troopers arrested Susan Ahlborg, age 40, of 50 ... (Nov '10) Jul '14 mswilson 74
Cumberland man arrested for watching kids in a ... Jul '14 rahn 1

Search the Woonsocket Forum:
•••

Air Quality Alert for Providence County was issued at August 27 at 5:19AM EDT

•••
•••
Woonsocket Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woonsocket Jobs

•••