Lack of Roman Catholic Pride

Lack of Roman Catholic Pride

Posted in the Woodstown Forum

Proud Catholic

Glassboro, NJ

#1 Nov 23, 2009
Often we hear about "Michael Doyle of Camden" and his past protests, diaries, poems etc. Recently, there was a fishing pier named for "Michael Doyle". Who is this Michael Doyle of Camden? Many of us know him as MONSIGNOR Michael Doyle. It is a great disrespect during the Year for Priests that priest would be referred by his name without identifying him as a Roman Catholic priest. The sign needs fixin'

Recently, the flyer for Parade of Christmas Trees reads sponsored by St. Joseph's Church. It should at least read St. Joseph's Catholic Church.

We have local Catholics who run for public office who won't even admit that they attend the Catholic Mass.

Be not afraid of being Catholic.
Proud Catholic

Glassboro, NJ

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Also, it is a shame that the food kitchen is closing down. Winter time is when poor need the most help.

I don't know about the other parishes in our area.
It seems that many Catholics at St. Joes RC Church won't help and volunteer unless it is a non-profit (non-Catholic) organization connected with their employers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) 20 hr Dee 317
Cleaning up browns mills Apr 20 Yvonne 1
What's it like in Browns Mills? (May '06) Apr 19 Yvonne 307
affordable landscaping (Mar '13) Apr 15 dan pasquale 49
News Two Prison Guards Get Jail Time for Phone Smugg... (Aug '12) Apr 10 Anthony Scarpuzzi 31
township trash police Dec '15 Concern 1
News Threat and Harassment for New Jersey Towns Firs... (Jan '07) Sep '15 Msultsngs nfo 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodstown Mortgages